Hood Prop Kit Installed!

viVid

:
02 Protege5
This kit is awesome! Everyone should have one of these... Thanks Dexter!!

Attachments

• IMGP0258.jpg
    IMGP0258.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMGP0259.jpg
    IMGP0259.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 239
wait, whats the issue with a CF hood? is the strut for a certain weight? because that'd work with my VIS CF hood... unless the strut would throw it up fast or something

it'll fling it..
pdhaudio83 said:
wait, whats the issue with a CF hood? is the strut for a certain weight? because that'd work with my VIS CF hood... unless the strut would throw it up fast or something

Captain KRM P5 said:
glad you like the kit. Bryan worked very hard to make this a success!
(mswerd) and to say he worked hard on it is an understatement.

you cant use it with a cf hood unless you want to have a catapult hood

protejay5 said:
(mswerd) and to say he worked hard on it is an understatement.

you cant use it with a cf hood unless you want to have a catapult hood
Wow its that strong to do that.

Any ideas if you did have a cf hood and want something like that?

My stock hood looks like it'll need to be replaced in 6 months for a CF hood and I would like an option for that kind of prop kit.

cant be too hard to get a softer strut...the brackets are the hard part, any fool can buy a certain length strut of a certain compression at Home Depot.

I can't believe home depot has so many of the things we can use for our cars. I know I'm making some grill inserts for my project bumper right now out of door screens :-D, and I'm going to ghetto a funnel system to "when ever I can manage to save for a" Injen CAI. Everytime I go in there, I always think of the possibilities of building stuff for the car.

But yeah, I'm sure using a lower compression strut would work just right. But hey if the hood flies off, just say you needed to take off some extra weight for the quarter mile. And say that there's no rule in the rule book, that you can just start taking weight off the car as your racing down the track.

Last edited:
protegeV said:
cant be too hard to get a softer strut...the brackets are the hard part, any fool can buy a certain length strut of a certain compression at Home Depot.
Yeah, any fool, please tell me where they are located at Home Depot, with correct size ball stud end fittings. Thanks.

I have to wait for more brackets to be made, i sold every last one, so i dont even have any on my car at the moment, so i cant test if the "CF struts" will be good.

I dont suspect there to be any bracket changes between the kits, just a weaker strut, esentially thats all.

was that the basecoat or single stage you used -- did you also use any clear or just clean and polish/wax -- :)

I couldn't wait long enough to put a clear on it :) So, ya, it's just the basecoat - didn't even wax it. I figured it was not going to see much of the elements since it's under the hood...

bonesmp5 said:
was that the basecoat or single stage you used -- did you also use any clear or just clean and polish/wax -- :)

was the paint even dry -- lol -- (lol)
viVid said:
I couldn't wait long enough to put a clear on it :) So, ya, it's just the basecoat - didn't even wax it. I figured it was not going to see much of the elements since it's under the hood...

Back