Auto-X in the 3.

Well I'm bringing this back from the dead. Like I wrote before, I was gonna attend every event except the one in fargo. Well in june I showed up in bismarck for the event there and took 6th place overall. bad day for me. I was #1 cone killer. So it really sucked bad. 4 of the top 5 though were STi's. That course had some long straight aways so I think thats were I was losing time. Anyway's yesterday they had an event once again in bismarck and went to it again and this time it was a diffrent story. Took 1st place once again. that's twice in 3 events I've been too. This Mazda 3S is fantastic.

Attachments

• Auto X pics 068.jpg
    Auto X pics 068.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 302
What I find even more amazing is that most of the cars that placed lower where in the SM class which is a modified class or am I wrong? Goes to show that on a tight course, you can have all the power in the world, but turning is more important. This also verifies that the skip pad numbers on the Mazda3 where actually very close to the Mazdaspeed Protege.

Omg!!!

OMG!!! you killed Coney!!! (doughpoke
On a serious note you did extremely well for first time (wrc)
Main advantage that a 3has over most cars on small courses is tons of torque(for a 4cylinder) and awesome handling characteristics. Once you add in sweepers and straightaways, cars making more hp later in the rpm band get the advantage. That is if equal driver skill.

My hat's off to you though, way to represent!

Yeah those videos I have up are from the the month of May when I went to my first event. I havent posted up any videos sense. Like I wrote before I brought this one back from the dead.
Yeah the first auto-x that I did, that was a very tight course, but the next 2 that I went had some long straight away's. Average speeds were a little over 30mph, so that means that some of those guys were touching the 60mph mark. So I was pretty happy about how everything turned out.

Last edited:
Nice job! You had more than a full second in between your best run and the #2 driver!

Wooohoo!

I wish my wife would let me take the car to the track. I keep tellin' 'er tho, let me on the track and I'll quit tearing up the city streets like a maniacal fool! That just gets me in more trouble, usually.

Again, congratulations - Nice bit of racing!

Wow, I am impressed. Either they can't drive, or the Mazda 3 is a nice car with alot of potential. I am getting more excited about getting one.

Back