What's a good battery booster/jumper/charger?

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
Rather than jumper cables I decided to look in one of those battery boost/jumpers. They seem to range from about $70 to $170 to $$$hundreds. I only need it to hold a charge to keep with me to jump either myself or just being a good Samaritan at the store parking lot - in other words it doesn't need to hold enough charge to jump several vehicles.

You first hand experience? They all seem to get 4.5 stars with thousands of reviews on Amazon so I figure I'd go with the wisdom of the Mazda crowd

Rather than jumper cables I decided to look in one of those battery boost/jumpers. They seem to range from about $70 to $170 to $$$hundreds. I only need it to hold a charge to keep with me to jump either myself or just being a good Samaritan at the store parking lot - in other words it doesn't need to hold enough charge to jump several vehicles.

You first hand experience? They all seem to get 4.5 stars with thousands of reviews on Amazon so I figure I'd go with the wisdom of the Mazda crowd

Hey there, I have two things I keep on me:
1. NOCO G15000 charger: Probably used this at least a dozen times to bring a dead battery to fully charged in a few hours. Has a jumping feature as well.

2. NOCO Boost Plus GB40: Saved me once so far in the middle of the night parked on a street.

Project farm has some tests for the jump starters that might help you with your purchase.

Hey there, I have two things I keep on me:
1. NOCO G15000 charger: Probably used this at least a dozen times to bring a dead battery to fully charged in a few hours. Has a jumping feature as well.

2. NOCO Boost Plus GB40: Saved me once so far in the middle of the night parked on a street.

Project farm has some tests for the jump starters that might help you with your purchase.

Couple questions: How long does it hold the charge if it's just sitting around waiting to be used?
Does the G15000 or GB40 display the amount of charge in it?

Couple questions: How long does it hold the charge if it's just sitting around waiting to be used?
Does the G15000 or GB40 display the amount of charge in it?
The GB40 holds the charge really well at least my in opinion. It's been through all 4 seasons with no issues and the indicator light is still green. There's 4 bars with each one representing 25% increments.

For the GB15000, I have a 100 ft extension cord on hand as well since the factory cord is extremely short.

Both of them display the amount of charge and they look like this:
1615732265905.png

1615732299768.png

For the piece of mind, could you see getting the higher GB50 over the GB40 for $135 vs $80?

The NOCO devices are on sale on Amazon right now. The GB40 is only $75. I just bought one.

For the piece of mind, could you see getting the higher GB50 over the GB40 for $135 vs $80?
I honestly was considering these two options as well but I don't really see the point of the GB50. The GB40 is perfectly adequate for the CX-5 since it's 2.5L and the charger is rated up to 6L.

I would probably save that $50 towards the battery charger if you plan on getting that as it is more worth it.

Internet reviews (we know that they must be true) seem to have the Audew being more consistent. Yes, the NOCO's get great Amazon ratings, as do all of them, but in video reviews the Audew seems to beat them out by a little. As with anything, those that have working NOCO's love 'em, those that don,'t don't

how much $ can you spend?
If you are ok with about 120-130 there are better alternatives than noco which is overpriced anyway.
if less than that price than go with the cheaper alternatives. Its a bit hit and miss with those small lithium batt packs.

Last edited:
Internet reviews (we know that they must be true) seem to have the Audew being more consistent. Yes, the NOCO's get great Amazon ratings, as do all of them, but in video reviews the Audew seems to beat them out by a little. As with anything, those that have working NOCO's love 'em, those that don,'t don't

No wrong or right answer here, as long as you did your due diligence and you like the product, then that's all it matters :). Personally, I think the NOCO has a better build quality upon visual inspection and seems more weather proof/rugged. In terms of overall design and marketing, I think NOCO has done a good job catering to the masses.

Now I'm seeing Gooloo getting raves. I do way to much overthinking about stuff. Almost every one gets 4.5 stars on amazon with thousands of reviews (yes, I know about amazon reviews)

Now I'm seeing Gooloo getting raves. I do way to much overthinking about stuff. Almost every one gets 4.5 stars on amazon with thousands of reviews (yes, I know about amazon reviews)

I have a Gooloo GP37-Plus. Had it for nearly 2 years now. I've used it once to jump my CX-9 (left the dashcam on when the car went to the bodyshop for a week 🤦‍♂️), and once to jump my dad's 2018 Equinox. Worked great both times. I've only had to charge it twice. The first time was when I got it (charged to full), second time was a couple of months ago, after jumping the Equinox. The battery was showing 60-80% full so I figured I'd top it up. I usually keep it under the false floor of the cargo area, all year round.

I paid $80 CAD from amazon.ca, but I've seen it for less during Black Friday sales (around $50 USD).

51kOMGni1jL.jpg

Back