Sirius Radio for Mazda CX5

Donk

:
2013 Mazda CX5 6 speed manual Sport
Hi! I just bought a 2013 Mazda CX5 6 speed manual. It came without a Sirius radio and the dealership wanted $788 to install one. Save your money. Instead I purchased a Starmate 8 for $89(with a $50 rebate) from Amazon.com. Set it up. Connected the audio to the audio jack in the center console. Istead of putting the antenna on the roof and having wires throughout the car and damaging the paint, I layed the antenna on the dash above the radio. Works great! Saved $700 and I again enjoy Sirius radio.

I had the Sirius app for a short time. The problem is when you are not in a wifi area there is no service.

I stumbled upon a pretty cool app while trying to figure out how to use my iPhone for Sirius. I do not have "premium" Internet radio on my lifetime Sirius account, but it does include free "basic" Internet radio. Sirius wanted an extra $3.50/ month and wouldn't budge so I was trying to figure out how best to mount my old plug and play Starmate 5, which I wasn't really fond of having a mess of cords and such, when I found the free MusicDock app. While it is not flawless, it is much better than what I experienced with my short trial of the Sirius app. No metadata, but the steering wheel controls let you skip thru the favorites that you set up. So far I am very pleased with this app and what it offers, I think it will work with xm as well but I don't have anyway to verify this.

I stumbled upon a pretty cool app while trying to figure out how to use my iPhone for Sirius. I do not have "premium" Internet radio on my lifetime Sirius account, but it does include free "basic" Internet radio. Sirius wanted an extra $3.50/ month and wouldn't budge so I was trying to figure out how best to mount my old plug and play Starmate 5, which I wasn't really fond of having a mess of cords and such, when I found the free MusicDock app. While it is not flawless, it is much better than what I experienced with my short trial of the Sirius app. No metadata, but the steering wheel controls let you skip thru the favorites that you set up. So far I am very pleased with this app and what it offers, I think it will work with xm as well but I don't have anyway to verify this.

Tried this app "musicDock" cannot connect at all, goto the sirius app for the IOS device and connects every time, only problem is when connecting via blue tooth in the cx5 it want's to play the loaded music on the device if the cable is plugged in for power

Back