Should I buy this Mazdaspeed3?

So I’m looking at a Mazdaspeed3 for sale for $1600 it has a rebuilt title and does not currently run. The owner says it needs timing chain, fuel pump and mass air flow sensor and I want to get another opinion if it a good idea or not. I would just be interested in flipping it seeing that it’s so cheap and the Overall car is pretty clean. And I feel 100% capable of doing it.

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but what's an MS1? Mazdaspeed 6? Typically fuel pump and MAF replacements are super easy, but timing chain replacements are pretty advanced and beyond my skill level. Since it's not running, you would just have to take the seller's word that these are the issues. You could end up doing these replacements, and then discover that the engine is seized or blown and that was money down the drain. This is all just my opinion of course, but I'd proceed with caution, especially since you want to have room for profit.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's an MS1? Mazdaspeed 6? Typically fuel pump and MAF replacements are super easy, but timing chain replacements are pretty advanced and beyond my skill level. Since it's not running, you would just have to take the seller's word that these are the issues. You could end up doing these replacements, and then discover that the engine is seized or blown and that was money down the drain. This is all just my opinion of course, but I'd proceed with caution, especially since you want to have room for profit.
My bad wrong car but I meant a Mazdaspeed3

Is it a Gen1 or Gen2 Speed3? I think chances are, it will cost more than $1600 to get it running.

Back