Mazda CX-50

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
The more I look, the more I intend to say that this a Front wheel driven car. It is not a RWD with AWD car. Just look at the front brake calipers, they are positioned in the front end of the car, like they are for a front wheel car and not in the back of the rotor, like in RWD platforms. Kind of disappointing and my guess this is a new SUV, which seems to be on a large platform, but front wheel driven.

You could be right, but apparently there are some exceptions. This blog post identifies some rear-based AWD cars and RWD cars with front brake calipers in the leading position (Nissan GTR, Porsche Cayenne, FR-S/BRZ twins), along with some explanations for why.

We may just have to wait and see.

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I may have missed it, do we know if the CX-50 will be a separate model from a continuing CX-5 model or is it replacing it?

I would hope its still two separate models.

:
Mazda CX-9 Signature
I may have missed it, do we know if the CX-50 will be a separate model from a continuing CX-5 model or is it replacing it?

I would hope its still two separate models.
I don't recall seeing any news on discontinuing the cx-5. I think it'll likely be the trend with cx-3 in tandem with cx-30 for a year or two.