Help me Choose a CX-5

Hi all,
I am currently not a Mazda owner but hope to be soon. I am debating between buying either a 2014 Grand Touring AWD with 90k miles on it or a 2014 Touring FWD with 70k miles on it. They are both in the same price range. I like the features that the GT offers more and the fact that it is AWD but I am concerned about it having 90k miles on it. Can anyone give me some insight on mazda mileage or if it would be a bad idea to buy one with 90k miles?

Hi all,
I am currently not a Mazda owner but hope to be soon. I am debating between buying either a 2014 Grand Touring AWD with 90k miles on it or a 2014 Touring FWD with 70k miles on it. They are both in the same price range. I like the features that the GT offers more and the fact that it is AWD but I am concerned about it having 90k miles on it. Can anyone give me some insight on mazda mileage or if it would be a bad idea to buy one with 90k miles?
Just search this site for the high mileage threads and read them. Lots of good info.

Yep, approaching 100K miles often means costly maintenance especially if the OP means to keep the CX for years to come. One reason many folks unload a vehicle short of 100K is to avoid the high mileage maintenance which can include spark plugs, brake fluid, and inspection of the drive belts, among other items depending on your location.

To OP:
Are you buying either from a dealer (certified vehicles) or from private parties?

If latter,
For me, depending on which one has better service records.
Also, I would pull the CarFax to make sure nothing strange happened to it before.
CarFax is not 100%. So, pay dealer to do a complete check.

If from a dealer,
Since both are certified, you likely won't get service records (unless services were all performed by Mazda dealers...) Then, it depends on what you want.

I'd choose the GT if they are in comparable condition. But I'd also probably do the maintenance myself. Either way, unless records show them done, I'd probably be replacing plugs, fluids, checking brakes and so forth - to set a baseline.

When I buy an used vehicle, I want to know what happened to it.
Service records, and CarFax help toward that objective.

A PPI helps discover potential or existing issues that owner does not even know or tries to hide.

You should choose the RX3.
1617848944985.png

Back