Aftermarket PR5 sway bars?

I'm looking in to upgrading my sway bars. Does anyone know of any reliable companies to use or have links to point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
What i remember is that there are lots of choices for the rear end, but the front sway bar is a Huge PITA to swap out.

Upvote 0

i12drivemyMP5

___ 323F ___
Contributor
Progress 22mm......been running it with oem endlinks and car lowered 1.5". No problems breaking anything...............

JT_SURFACEPRO3 - gtspec_arms02.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Natey

Contributor
Patron
So is the rear sway bar worth it? I noticed a similar post from back in 03 saying that the stock struts couldn't handle a beefier sway bar and would break off. Thanks
The AWR 21.5mm rear swaybar makes a huge difference if you're planning on tracking the car. It will definitely take care of the understeer. It will also lift a rear wheel every time you go up a driveway at an angle, clunk endlessly, and burn through swaybar brackets about once a year.

I ran an AWR bar for years. NVH (noise, vibration harshness) is always a trade off with performance parts, especially suspension. The swaybar will make the car corner better, but there will be some ill effects too.

Upvote 0

i12drivemyMP5

___ 323F ___
Contributor
I have had none of that with the Progress 22m one......does have the 3 wheel thing going up angled driveways tho but that is expected and kind of amusing.

Upvote 0
:
2003 protege 5
+1 on the progress bar. Properly lubed on install and relubed every couple years and it has been noise free. Also love the ability to use factory end links.

Upvote 0

Latest posts