2018 CX-5 Grand Touring Leather Seat Issue

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD
I have a 2015 CX5 Touring with 42,000 miles, and my cloth seats are pristine, and I am 6'2", and weigh 270 lbs. The trouble with natural leather is that it stretches. I have had a couple of cars with good Naugahyde, and they held up very well. Of course Naugas are getting hard to find anymore, so their hyde is rare, and expensive.

:
Teebaggin
Checking Back in. had an apointment with the dealership this morning, and they will replace the leather and some of the seat component under warranty.

Can you post a pic of the seat once replaced, im keen to see if the "bubble" as im sure it will be referred to from now on is still there or is everything tight like the 1st gen.

pguindon

:
CX-5 2017
Can you post a pic of the seat once replaced, im keen to see if the "bubble" as im sure it will be referred to from now on is still there or is everything tight like the 1st gen.

Had the work done, here are the details:
Before Photo:

IMG_20180305_164717.jpeg

After Photo:

IMG_20180316_094542.jpg

Work Order Details (French)

IMG_20180316_100154.jpg

Translated to English:

CUSTOMER MENTIONS TO CHECK AIR BUBBLE ON LEATHER DRIVER SEAT, VERIFY BOTTOM LEATHER TRIM FROM DRIVER SIDE, IT MAKES A BUBBLE. DID A FLASH TECH NO 65062. ORDER THE LEATHER TRIM AND LEFT FRONT BOTTOM CUSHION. replace buttock leather and foam buttocks. The old one had to be dismounted to put a pin in front so that the leather could hold on the buttocks and transfer a foam to the side of the buttocks.

Ghostsniper

:
2009 M3 GT (White-Hatchback), 2018 CX5 GT AWD (White-Tech Pkg)
Translated to English:

CUSTOMER MENTIONS TO CHECK AIR BUBBLE ON LEATHER DRIVER SEAT, VERIFY BOTTOM LEATHER TRIM FROM DRIVER SIDE, IT MAKES A BUBBLE. DID A FLASH TECH NO 65062. ORDER THE LEATHER TRIM AND LEFT FRONT BOTTOM CUSHION. replace buttock leather and foam buttocks. The old one had to be dismounted to put a pin in front so that the leather could hold on the buttocks and transfer a foam to the side of the buttocks.

So we can replaced it then. I going to see my dealer to see what he says about mine. Mine is a lot worse than your before photo. It is very bulgy.

pguindon

:
CX-5 2017
So we can replaced it then. I going to see my dealer to see what he says about mine. Mine is a lot worse than your before photo. It is very bulgy.

I'm sure it depends on the dealer, but mine did not even put up a fight, they replaced it no questions asked.

Arcticshade

Contributor
:
2017 CX5 GT AWD w/ PP & 2016.5 CX5 GT AWD w/ Tech and Nav
I have this same issue with my 2017 GT as well. The good news is that the dealer is covering under warranty. The bad news is that I don't know if is the passenger seat as well since I haven't had anyone really ride with me consistently yet.

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
I have this same issue with my 2017 GT as well. The good news is that the dealer is covering under warranty. The bad news is that I don't know if is the passenger seat as well since I haven't had anyone really ride with me consistently yet.

Mine is like this... i am sure it came that way. I don't think it is an affect of wear and I doubt your passenger seat will every show this problem. Mine has not.