2017 CX-5 GT wipers suck

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
The OEM blades weren't stellar on the 2018 this morning. I had to pull huge chunks off off the blades when I got to work. Has no one tried the Costco Michelin blades or are those not available south of the border?

Was this during snow (uhm)

graciecny

:
Mazda
I just wanted to thank you for the information on these blades. I could not be happier, especially compared to the horrendous OEM blades! It was a little frustrating as the one local places that carried them said the blades would not fit my vehicle, but magical adapter #6 ftw! Thank you again!

Just purchased the Bosch Envisions. Thankfully the EN24OE & EN18OE fit as long as you use the included adapter #6.

CaXF6UK.jpg

iOv2ZHs.jpg

Shiggy

:
2017 CX-5 GT
Shouldn't be long before you can test them out in Chicago, eh? :)

Please let us know how they perform.

First full day using them here. I'd have to say from cold start I was bit afraid that there was a small streaking issue (on the top right of the passenger side wiper) and I feared it was the arm pressure might have been the culprit. But as the windshield started melting the snow and when applying wiper fluid on the highway I did not notice the streaking and ice form on the normal wiper path that I had with the OEMs. I'll continue to monitor how they perform and report back if I notice any cons.

isketerol

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD
Was this during snow (uhm)

Huge chunks of ice from the snow, yes. We had a mild sprinkling of snow this morning that had my fellow Torontonians panicking. I keep telling them where I grew up if you could see the mailbox on the other side of the street from the front window of the house, it was ok to go out. If you couldn't, you had less than 20 feet of visibility. This morning, it was a clear disk and I could seek for miles.

IskiE

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
Huge chunks of ice from the snow, yes. We had a mild sprinkling of snow this morning that had my fellow Torontonians panicking. I keep telling them where I grew up if you could see the mailbox on the other side of the street from the front window of the house, it was ok to go out. If you couldn't, you had less than 20 feet of visibility. This morning, it was a clear disk and I could seek for miles.

IskiE

Since Japan also gets snow, wonder if Japanese owners have the same issue and are complaining directly to HQ....

(hmm)

Sergemazda

:
Mazda CX-5 2017 - GT
First full day using them here. I'd have to say from cold start I was bit afraid that there was a small streaking issue (on the top right of the passenger side wiper) and I feared it was the arm pressure might have been the culprit. But as the windshield started melting the snow and when applying wiper fluid on the highway I did not notice the streaking and ice form on the normal wiper path that I had with the OEMs. I'll continue to monitor how they perform and report back if I notice any cons.

Hi Shiggy, so always happy wit these new Bosch wiper ? Any advise. I'm looking to buy some to Autozone. I just want a be sure because I'm need to use a mail box in USA (autozone are the only saler I found and they don't ship to Canada). I will after ship them to Canada, so it's like 40$ CAD more.

Thanks

GJ-Molestor

Banned
:
2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual
wipers are supposed to last a very long time if you clean the rubber part regularly with a wet micro-fibre cloth. if they are streaking, 99% of the time it's because they werent cleaned. sometimes they need to be cleaned to frequently that theres just no point, so in that case you may want to consider getting new wipers but don't throw away a perfectly good set without making them spotless first.

oh, and it's always good to check the spring part on the wiper arm just in case.

:
CX-5 GT Premium
Hi Shiggy, so always happy wit these new Bosch wiper ? Any advise. I'm looking to buy some to Autozone. I just want a be sure because I'm need to use a mail box in USA (autozone are the only saler I found and they don't ship to Canada). I will after ship them to Canada, so it's like 40$ CAD more.

Thanks

I cleaned and clean the OEM wipers and they never gave me a clean swipe in freezing temps.
Bought the Bosch EN24OE and EN18OE and what a difference. I noticed that the Bosch display also had EN24 & EN18 which may not have the #6 adapter so be sure you get the “ENxxOE” packaging.

My wife said “tell Shiggy that I love these wipers, big difference!”

Edit: 2017 GT (easy)

Last edited:

Sergemazda

:
Mazda CX-5 2017 - GT
I cleaned and clean the OEM wipers and they never gave me a clean swipe in freezing temps.
Bought the Bosch EN24OE and EN18OE and what a difference. I noticed that the Bosch display also had EN24 & EN18 which may not have the #6 adapter so be sure you get the “ENxxOE” packaging.

My wife said “tell Shiggy that I love these wipers, big difference!”

Edit: 2017 GT (easy)
Thanks Tiny

pguindon

:
CX-5 2017
I bought them and they don't fit. Doesn't have the correct adapter.

I honestly can't find any wiper in Canada that fit the 2017/2018 CX-5. I checled all the usual local and online stores, they don't have any of the Bosch, Micheline or Rain-x wiper that are listed as compatible on their sites.

I went to my dealer, and the sold me these ones https://fdflex.com/en/. They are "ok" , but the beam is very thick compared to OEM.

Xiorca

:
Mazda CX-5
I installed Surewipe spring. It put pressure on the wiper in order to give a better adhesion of the blade onto the windshield. Even if you have the best wiper blades, if theres not enough pressure on them they wont work properly (I am from Montral too)

http://surewipe.com