Search results

1. Anchorman

Trouble measuring oil level?

I’ve noticed there are a few people struggling to get an accurate measurement on the dipstick. Mazda used ultra smooth stainless steel and the oil won’t stick to it. Get some fine wire wool and take the shine off the bottom three inches or so and it should be fine.
  2. Anchorman

Back in the fold

Well I’m coming up for my second year with the Lexus NX and I’ve put a deposit down on a new CX-5 GT. It has CD which I know won’t sit well with some members but there’s no choice. It’s the facelifted model, all white and should be here in the new year.
  3. Anchorman

New Forum

Sorry if it’s already been said but the new forum seems to work quite nicely. It’s faster than the previous (although it did crash like the old one did when I first opened it - maybe my iPad?). I like the “like” facility and the easy access emojis. The old problem I had with apostrophes being...
  4. Anchorman

Phone Holder for KF model.

One of the guys on the UK Facebook forum has come up with this and rates it highly. It certainly looks the part...
  5. Anchorman

GT diesel and Turbo gasoline front brakes

Had the pads out yesterday while fitting the winter wheels. It appears that the front brake on the high powered model is a carry over from the CX7 with twin pistons. Here is a comparison of the pads with the single piston version left and the twin piston version right. Here you can see the...
  6. Anchorman

PDF's

Some PDF*s. I suppose the most significant breakthrough is the use of ALL LEDs for all other than base models including the indicators as these will migrate to other models and facelifts.
  7. Anchorman

Some new pdfs on the 2019 model.....

Some new pdfs on the 2019 model..... You might find these interesting. There are too many to post. Note the bigger front brakes on the Signature.
  8. Anchorman

2017 on - floppy seat cover fix.

For anyone whose got the stretched floppy seat cover, there is now a global TSB where owners can get a new cover fitted. The cover has a membrane attached that keeps it tight.
  9. Anchorman

Sorting a couple dash rattles - 2018 CX-5

I had a couple of rattles which curiously, I never had with my red 2017 model. Ive sorted them now with a bit of input from RRG Stockport who have been superb about sorting defects since I changed over from Toyota to Mazda. Anyway, thats another subject so first, the rattle from the centre...
  10. Anchorman

A pillar trim removal

I keep getting asked how to get the A pillar trim of so I did a little video.......
  11. Anchorman

Ceratec brake grease.

I’ve often said that I detest copper based grease on brakes but I thought I’d share this. If you mount alloy wheels onto steel hubs, they will corrode to the point of needing to knock them off. Two years ago I removed the wheels from a mates RAV4 Hybrid to underbody seal it. It was literally...
  12. Anchorman

Quite a nice parts and price catalogue

https://www.mazdanyparts.com/auto-parts/2017/mazda/cx-5/grand-touring-trim/2-5l-l4-gas-engine
  13. Anchorman

2017 speaker change - WARNING

Somebody asked me how to get at the speakers on a KF 2017 on model. Ill attach the instructions on how to get at them but I thought its worth mentioning the following to anyone contemplating a speaker change. The speaker fits into a large plastic module which is moulded and shaped to house...
  14. Anchorman

Look what Ive got.....

Look what Ive got..... Im in the USA for a while and was pleasantly surprised to see Alamo with 2018s in stock. It gives me chance to compare yours with mine (if youll pardon the expression). Im suitably impressed with it although this one with 10000 miles has not been loved. The low oil light...
  15. Anchorman

New feature - 360 view.

I see 360 view is now added to the available options. I wonder which markets will get it offered? Unless the mods can give us a bit more capacity for uploads, I cant show you the pdf.
  16. Anchorman

Pizza wheels no more

Just been to see my refurbished pizza wheels which have been refinished in a smoked silver. Very impressed with the results - will show you photos when I collect them on Monday.
  17. Anchorman

PDF instructions for fitting roof cross bars needed.

Can anybody help? This is for the roof rack KD45-V4-701A
  18. Anchorman

2.2D Photos.

As more and more questions start to pop up about the forthcoming diesel engined KF (2017 on) model, I thought you might like a look under the hood. With the cover on it looks very much like the 2.5G. .....and on the inside, the box is the same conventional six speed auto but note the absence...
  19. Anchorman

I broke my 2017 last night.........

It clocked four digits on the odo- 1000 miles. Zero defects so far!
  20. Anchorman

The talent of Soul Red Crystal.......

Back