2013~2016 CX-5: Coming up on 7 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to keep my GX 460 for the forseeable future. It isn’t a daily so fuel costs really don’t concern me on that. If parts availability decades down the road became a problem that would probably be a deciding factor. Although the EV power train retrofits might be a practical option in that distant future assuming it was worth it.

Ok, so what's the penalty if in 2026 a particular dealer does not inventory or sell, whatever the criteria, that 35% EVs? These things have a habit of being aspirational. Is there an enforcement agency? Fines specified?
Detail, details, hopefully the meeting next week will address.
That means Mazda will have to shutdown sales since I don't think they can do 35%.

This is why people need to start voting better.

We're being a little off topic here but let me just say that my Mazda dealer now has 4 charging stations which is as many as the local Nissan dealer who has been selling Leaf for 10 years. Perhaps we should start a new thread "Pros & cons of EVs"? I'll leave it up to sm1ke or Antoine ;)

We're being a little off topic here but let me just say that my Mazda dealer now has 4 charging stations which is as many as the local Nissan dealer who has been selling Leaf for 10 years. Perhaps we should start a new thread "Pros & cons of EVs"? I'll leave it up to sm1ke or Antoine ;)
Does Mazda have any EV's yet for sale in US?

Does Mazda have any EV's yet for sale in US?

It started out as California only. Not sure where it is sold now. With 100 mile range it would be a dedicated commuter car.

It started out as California only. Not sure where it is sold now. With 100 mile range it would be a dedicated commuter car.
Yeh I read the review that 100-mile range on a pure EV isn’t going to work! My brother’s Chevy Bolt has 270 ~ 300-mile range with a full charge.

MX-30 looks to just be a compliance car like the a first gen VW e-Golf with the mileage limits

Last edited:
California has finalizes rule to ban sale of new ICE-powered cars by 2035.

There's also a phase-in of hybrids and EVs.

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has voted to finalize a SEMA-opposed rule to implement California Governor Gavin Newsom’s 2020 executive order to phase out the sale of new diesel- or gas-powered cars in the state by 2035. The rule requires 35% of new cars, SUVs and small trucks sold to be zero-emissions starting in 2026, increasing to 68% in 2030 and 100% in 2035. In 2022, zero-emissions vehicles have made up about 16% of new cars sold in California. The rule also sets durability, warranty and other provisions on zero-emissions vehicles.

The interesting thing here is California expects ZEV sales to more than double in less than 3 years?
They are essentially forcing the sale of EVs. Very Tesla friendly move.
None of this affects someone buying a car right now, though. 2030 is a different story.

Yeh I read the review that 100-mile range on a pure EV isn’t going to work! My brother’s Chevy Bolt has 270 ~ 300-mile range with a full charge.
It's not that it doesn't work. It has a limited use case and you don't need a review to tell you that. If you commute and weekend drive less than a 100 miles per day, have a garage to plug it in overnight, and have a another vehicle that can handle longer trips, it could work for you. If you qualify for and can use all federal and state non-refundable tax credits it can work out to be quite a value. In cold climates range might drop to 75 miles just as all EVs lose range in cold weather.

Also sold in Canada but in the province of Quebec and British Colombia only where provincial government rebates are applicable on top of the federal one. Same with Toyota bZ4x.

Ford just posted a 2B loss on their EV sales.
That’s why Ford is pushing the joint venture deal with CATL from China to manufacture the EV battery with better performance and lower cost.

I just read the fineprints. (CA 2035)
This is why I believe PHEVs will get more popular in coming years.
Why drag a huge battery around day in and day out?

Mazda MX-30 will sell if it comes will the RE rotary engine.
It is coming.

1679956037598.png

I just read the fineprints. (CA 2035)
This is why I believe PHEVs will get more popular in coming years.
Why drag a huge battery around day in and day out?

Mazda MX-30 will sell if it comes will the RE rotary engine.
It is coming.

View attachment 318198
I think this is the right way to go, it solves the range problem. They will not go for PHEV's since they want fossil fuel eliminated. They are fools and there has to be an alterior motive that we're not privy to. It's either money or they're convinced that the world is going to explode if we keep using FF. Go figure.

Next time let’s keep threads on topic and on track when they go off instead of doubling down in the wrong direction and going political.

The name of this site is Mazdas247 and the title of this thread is 2013~2016 CX-5: Coming up on 7 years. We’re not here to discuss politics, in fact it’s against Site Rules.

This should be a friendly thread about the joys of long-term CX-5 ownership, not a political debate.

Thread closed and will be cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back