Sound after engine is shut off (2023 CX-9 Touring)

Is this sound from fuel pump and normal ? Happens when car turned off. 2023 CX9 Touring ~ 200 miles. Light is off so this is not sound from light. Fan is not running as well. Sounds goes away after 60seconds with depressurizing piss sound.

Attachments

• IMG_4500.MOV
    19 MB
My 2019 CX-9 GT FWD does this as well and has done so since the day I bought it brand new in 2019. Doesn't seem to do it in cold weather unless I've run it for a longer distance and the engine is hot.

It likely is a circulation pump that keeps pumping coolant or oil through the turbo to cool it further after engine shut down. My Audi turbo has this same noise and that's what is happening on that engine. Probably necessary in these smaller displacement turbo engines in more vehicles such as the ones becoming more and more common across manufacturers.

Is this sound from fuel pump and normal ? Happens when car turned off. 2023 CX9 Touring ~ 200 miles. Light is off so this is not sound from light. Fan is not running as well. Sounds goes away after 60seconds with depressurizing piss sound.
It occurs in both turbo and non-turbos. It’s the throttle body doing a shut down procedure. It’s a characteristic of the 2.5L.

It occurs in both turbo and non-turbos. It’s the throttle body doing a shut down procedure. It’s a characteristic of the 2.5L.when it shuts down, it makes Pissa s
It occurs in both turbo and non-turbos. It’s the throttle body doing a shut down procedure. It’s a characteristic of the 2.5L.
The sound it makes at the end seems to be more like circulation of something stopped. Seems to be coolant running after engine shutoff .

Nobody really knows what it is...... just another top secret noise Mazdas make that nobody really understands. Its what makes Mazdas so mysterious. zoom zoom

Normal. If you find out what it is, please report.

It's discussed in quite a few threads, here is one that had a response from Mazda

"The noise you are experiencing is the flap motor on the intake throttle body recirculating. Perfectly normal and identical to the vehicles we have on site."

Back