Off Topic New Vehicle Time

Unrefined in what way? There must have been something specific that didn't present itself during your initial research/test drive.

I wouldn't call this financially sustainable, but it's your money. You would have saved a bunch of money just keeping your GT Reserve IMO, but if you weren't happy with it, then 🤷‍♂️

It's definitely interesting to follow your thought process, though.
The monthly footprint is less for the c40 than the cx5.

No real test drive opportunity, and its a wash financially, so I didn't bother.

The ride is just louder than it should be. No acoustic glass. NVH of the powertrain is annoying. Just not smooth and refined. Like I said, it is more like my 2015 cx5. The 2019 cx5 felt like a $45-50k car to drive. This feels like a $30k car.

Obviously you're unaware of the Urus.

Yeah, until you drive it. 🤣 Kidding, lol.

In my head, I'm thinking a "monthly footprint" = car payment, fuel costs, insurance. Base C40 Recharge less $7500 credit is $48500, plus taxes and fees. 2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo is currently $38k. Did you really drive the C40 that much in the last two or three months, to offset a $10.5k difference in price? Even if you got the C40 for like $42k, how is it possible that you drove the equivalent of $4k worth of fuel over the course of a few months in the C40, when in previous cars you said you were averaging $300-500 in fuel costs per month? You'd have to be driving at least twice as much as you did before, but that can't be right because I remember you mentioning that you'd be doing a lot less driving after a recent career shift (which is what led to you getting the RDX). There must be something I'm missing.

Yeah, until you drive it. 🤣 Kidding, lol.

In my head, I'm thinking a "monthly footprint" = car payment, fuel costs, insurance. Base C40 Recharge less $7500 credit is $48500, plus taxes and fees. 2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo is currently $38k. Did you really drive the C40 that much in the last two or three months, to offset a $10.5k difference in price? Even if you got the C40 for like $42k, how is it possible that you drove the equivalent of $4k worth of fuel over the course of a few months in the C40, when in previous cars you said you were averaging $300-500 in fuel costs per month? You'd have to be driving at least twice as much as you did before, but that can't be right because I remember you mentioning that you'd be doing a lot less driving after a recent career shift (which is what led to you getting the RDX). There must be something I'm missing.
I find myself going to the gym and training more, now that it's nearly "free" to drive.

I was referring mainly to the monthly footprint, not overall. Overall, bottom line total dollars, the cx5 is cheaper, but monthly, until the last note is paid, the c40. But then, after the c40 (now ev6 gt) is paid off...the equation rapidly swings to favor the vehicle with no gasoline or oil changes to buy. The big question is battery life. Noone can foresee if mine will fail on what part of the bell curve. That said, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and 0-100 in just over 7 seconds from an SUV is sortof an amazing intangible that begs some forgiveness for risk on the spreadsheet.

I find myself going to the gym and training more, now that it's nearly "free" to drive.

I was referring mainly to the monthly footprint, not overall. Overall, bottom line total dollars, the cx5 is cheaper, but monthly, until the last note is paid, the c40. But then, after the c40 (now ev6 gt) is paid off...the equation rapidly swings to favor the vehicle with no gasoline or oil changes to buy. The big question is battery life. Noone can foresee if mine will fail on what part of the bell curve. That said, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and 0-100 in just over 7 seconds from an SUV is sortof an amazing intangible that begs some forgiveness for risk on the spreadsheet.
Thanks to a total of 576 HP, insane! Have fun and be careful with the drift mode :devilish:

Last edited:
The C40 has saved me a lot of money on gasoline, and I skinned under the wire for the $7500 tax credit, but it's time to move on, now. The car never really "spoke" to me, so to speak, other than aesthetically.
are you saying you don't have the rdx anymore? it's still in your vehicle info under your username... :cry:

Correct. I just refuse to identify with the c40. Ill update my tag once I replace it.
I may have missed some posts, but did you mention what led you to unload the RDX? Just curious.

Edit: I think I found your reasons (mainly MPG?), but wondering if there were other reasons. I wish they made a hybrid RDX (and CX-5).

Last edited:
Mpg vs Performance vs cost. My 576hp ev6gt will cost less to own monthly than my RDX
I may have missed some posts, but did you mention what led you to unload the RDX? Just curious.

Edit: I think I found your reasons (mainly MPG?), but wondering if there were other reasons. I wish they made a hybrid RDX (and CX-5).

Headed out to pick her up in a few hours.
330567226_877164426942896_4475662220153137238_n.jpg
[

You have no idea how odd it is when all of my contemporaries are driving Audi S and MB and all that to be pumped about getting a Kia.

The brand, or at least the prestige of the brand, matters a lot less than it used to.

Back