Off Topic New Vehicle Time

That wouldn't work for me. My meter is 100ft from my house/garage.

I could get it to work at my cabin but not at home

A nearby Tesla Supercharger but I'm more interested in a Rivian

Last edited:
It's the same vehicle, but WAY faster and cheaper to operate and with better balance. The C series is just chopped version of the XC like a BMW X4 or Audi Sportback.
Is not. The XC is WAY better looking. Do you not know me at all? SHALLOW. It could be the exact same underneath but the XC is WAYYYYY prettier. :D
The XC60 RECHARGE is the same car.

Is not. The XC is WAY better looking. Do you not know me at all? SHALLOW. It could be the exact same underneath but the XC is WAYYYYY prettier. :D
The XC60 RECHARGE is the same car.
Huh?

This is an XC40:
1659516620370.png

This is an XC40 Recharge:
1659516639798.png

This is a C40
1659516718230.png

This is an X4
1659516770700.png

This is an XC60Recharge
1659516828954.png

Not bad looking if you like the more boxy CUV, I kinda like the look of that XC40, minus the back end which reminds me of a CR-V with the way they do those tail lights.

C40 looks like a big car.

Well I do live in Colorado....Just kidding :ROFLMAO:

I didn't say the same, said similar - i.e "reminds me of".

You're not kidding, hippie. :D Hey I will freely admit I've got my Medical card, which you need in Ohio. ;)

I was talking to Unobobviouslycan'tseethedifferencebetweenthese2vehiclestanium. He even including pictures proving my point. What is HE smoking?
It looks more like the electric Mustang then the XC60

You're not kidding, hippie. :D Hey I will freely admit I've got my Medical card, which you need in Ohio. ;)

I was talking to Unobobviouslycan'tseethedifferencebetweenthese2vehiclestanium. He even including pictures proving my point. What is HE smoking?
It looks more like the electric Mustang then the XC60
Why are we talking about xc60? I said the c40 is the coupe version if the xc40 recharge which looks identical to the xc40 ICE vehicle. Where did xc60 even come from?

It looks more like the electric Mustang then the XC40. It does.
Have you considered the Mustang? Seeing more of those around lately.

It looks more like the electric Mustang then the XC40. It does.
Have you considered the Mustang? Seeing more of those around lately.
I considered it, but:

Mustang has no heat pump
Mustang is a lot weaker performer, even the GT, which does well 0-60 and then straight up dies like a dog.
Also...Ford. No thanks.

Regardless of what it looks like, it's the same CMA platform with chop job on the back.

Fords are an order of magnitude much better cars today then they've been, probably ever been!

So, what now?
EV6 GT. The C40 is just way too unrefined for a $60K vehicle. I would rate it somewhere slightly above my 2015 CX5 Touring and below my 2019 GT Reserve. Literally the only thing it has going for it is the acceleration, and the fact that I paid $75 to "fuel" it last month, when my RDX (24.2mpg lifetime avg, I filled it with 91oct) was costing me $450-500. The EV6 GT has near identical efficiency, and is an absolute monster. It is also way more refined. So...total cost of this venture?

Paid $62K
Projected trade value $55K
Added aftermarket warranty for $4K
Got 100% of aftermarket warranty refunded, and pushed it to a 20% CC to kill it, while leaving the expense on the 3.9% loan.
Total out of pocket: $66K-4K and interest savings due to APRs.

Tax credit $7500.
Monthly gas savings over the RDX: $400

Projected time of ownership: 5mo/$2000 in gas savings.

$9500 positive equity over keeping the RDX.

Cost of EV6 GT, $62,500. No tax credit.

Looking at the numbers, it comes out to a very near wash, having bought the C40 vs. just keeping my RDX until the EV6 GT dropped. Also, RDX values are likely dropping faster than EV values of any sort due to gas prices as well as the fact that lithium is SKYROCKETING.

So you can say what you want about my trading habits, but they are financially sustainable and I'm having a helluva fun time.

Oh...and that lithium...I'm back on my BS playing with stonks again :p After making 300% on my last investments some time a while back, I decided to once again use the piggybank that is the stock market to fund a few things. This is a longer play, though. 2-3 years is my planned exit point. I am hoping to make another 2-500%.
stonks.jpg

Unrefined in what way? There must have been something specific that didn't present itself during your initial research/test drive.

I wouldn't call this financially sustainable, but it's your money. You would have saved a bunch of money just keeping your GT Reserve IMO, but if you weren't happy with it, then 🤷‍♂️

It's definitely interesting to follow your thought process, though.

Unrefined in what way? There must have been something specific that didn't present itself during your initial research/test drive.

I wouldn't call this financially sustainable, but it's your money. You would have saved a bunch of money just keeping your GT Reserve IMO, but if you weren't happy with it, then 🤷‍♂️

It's definitely interesting to follow your thought process, though.
I'm just convinced that there isn't a single vehicle in the world Uno will be 100% happy with.

But I agree. Interesting thread to follow.

Back