Seeing the new CX-60 in person

Update:
Dont ever, if you get at CX60, by Pirelli Scorpion Zero all Season tires, they make an unbearable rumble and noise throughout the car and the cabin.

Update:
Dont ever, if you get at CX60, by Pirelli Scorpion Zero all Season tires, they make an unbearable rumble and noise throughout the car and the cabin.
Do you guys get to choose the tires that come on the car? Here, we get what they come with, unless we pay extra for different wheels and tires.

Here we also get what they come with, but i choose to get all weather tires instead of one set of wheels for summer, and one set for winter, because our winters are usually very mild

Update:

Have you checked tire pressure? They are shipped over-pressurized to prevent flat-spotting during transport. It's supposed to be brought to standard pressure during PDI (pre delivery inspection) but often isn't. Mine had between 40-45 PSI in all the tires when delivered.

Just thought I would mention that, hard to tell PSI from pics.

Have you checked tire pressure? They are shipped over-pressurized to prevent flat-spotting during transport. It's supposed to be brought to standard pressure during PDI (pre delivery inspection) but often isn't. Mine had between 40-45 PSI in all the tires when delivered.

Just thought I would mention that, hard to tell PSI from pics.
I have tryed all between 2,5 to 3,2 bar without luck, tires were bought separately and replaced with the original summer tyres.

Ah, it was not clear from the original post if they were OEM. Did you keep the original tires?

When I buy tires, I make sure I buy from a source that will accept returns, in case the performance is not satisfactory. Most will not and you can be out 800-1000+$. Very important. In the U.S., that is Costco, Amazon, or Discount Tire.

Last edited:
Ah, it was not clear from the original post if they were OEM. Did you keep the original tires?

When I buy tires, I make sure I buy from a source that will accept returns, in case the performance is not satisfactory. Most will not and you can be out 800-1000+$. Very important. In the U.S., that is Costco, Amazon, or Discount Tire.
Jep, i keep the originals, will have them put back on on monday.
Haven't paid for the tires yet at the dealer, and won't until I'm completely satisfied. :unsure:
If they have any doubts about how it should sound and drive, they can just take a ride in the demobile.

So now there is a small update, you have probably read elsewhere, that since delivery I have had problems with a deep rumble and small vibrations between 48-63 km/h, the front differentiale has been changed 3 times, 2 times due to leakage in joints, front drive shafts and cardan have also been changed, 3 sets of wheels have been tried, 2 of them were comfort balanced, but nothing has helped.
the workshop is running out of good ideas, just like the importer.
Today 2 months after purchase, I regret that I didn't keep my CX-5, and probably soon face a legal battle, everything else in the car otherwise works perfectly.
I´ll be back.

So now there is a small update, you have probably read elsewhere, that since delivery I have had problems with a deep rumble and small vibrations between 48-63 km/h, the front differentiale has been changed 3 times, 2 times due to leakage in joints, front drive shafts and cardan have also been changed, 3 sets of wheels have been tried, 2 of them were comfort balanced, but nothing has helped.
the workshop is running out of good ideas, just like the importer.
Today 2 months after purchase, I regret that I didn't keep my CX-5, and probably soon face a legal battle, everything else in the car otherwise works perfectly.
I´ll be back.
That is a bit shocking to say at least. Which country are you in ? Think you might have a lemon and you really need to push forward with this because this is really unacceptable.

BWJ, I feel so sorry for you - and I too am quite shocked. The reason is that I have the exact same issue with my (also Danish) CX-60. A low vibrating sound and feeling which is most obvious in the range 43-70 km/h, but I think it's there all the time. The weird thing is that it is more pronounced some days than other. I occurs regardles of EV mode or combustion, regardless of torque or just rolling. I've now driven approx. 6.500 km since mid Sep. When the car was new, I didn't notice the rumbling sound/feeling, but one day it was there out of the blue. My wife was in the car and asked "What is the sound/feeling? It's like running over rumbling paint on the road". I took the car to the dealer who couldn't help. Then I test drowe their demo car and found that the demo car too had the issue - however to lesser extend. What to do?

BWJ, I feel so sorry for you - and I too am quite shocked. The reason is that I have the exact same issue with my (also Danish) CX-60. A low vibrating sound and feeling which is most obvious in the range 43-70 km/h, but I think it's there all the time. The weird thing is that it is more pronounced some days than other. I occurs regardles of EV mode or combustion, regardless of torque or just rolling. I've now driven approx. 6.500 km since mid Sep. When the car was new, I didn't notice the rumbling sound/feeling, but one day it was there out of the blue. My wife was in the car and asked "What is the sound/feeling? It's like running over rumbling paint on the road". I took the car to the dealer who couldn't help. Then I test drowe their demo car and found that the demo car too had the issue - however to lesser extend. What to do?
Perhaps there is some hope, the next step is to replace the Hardy discs and center bearing as there is probably a production fault in them, new ones have been ordered and they will hopefully be changed next week, it was found that vibrations/noise are temperature dependent, therefore this solution is being tried.
I´ll be back...

Perhaps there is some hope, the next step is to replace the Hardy discs and center bearing as there is probably a production fault in them, new ones have been ordered and they will hopefully be changed next week, it was found that vibrations/noise are temperature dependent, therefore this solution is being tried.
I´ll be back...

Is it in the cold or in hot weather ?

Back