Firmware NA03_11048 For 10.25 Inch Widescreen Update CX-5

:
ASH8
Mazda Connect FIRMWARE Update for all CX-5's and CX-9s from late 2021 (2022 MY) with 10.25 Widescreen Display ONLY.

Mazda has introduced (June this year) the latest Firmware Update for Mazda Connect and ONLY for models with 10.25 inch Display.
NA03_11048
ONLY NA03 is suitable for this model and the updated Version Number is 11040.
NA03 is ONLY for North American SOLD Models.
To find out what version is in your car now do the following..
GEN 7.
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or to ON.
2. Select ”Settings” on the Home screen.
3. Select “System Setting”.
4. Select “System Information”.
5. Select “Version Information”.
6. See 'System Software'
Version Number like 11007 is revealed.

IF your CX-5 is below 11048 Version Number I strongly advise you get your Mazda Dealer to update or you can do it yourself and yes I can provide you with the download link and the easy update on how to, this Genuine Mazda information will not be posted publicly you must ask for it in the form of a direct message stating all the detail that you find above (Current Region and Version info). IF you want your Mazda Dealer to update you MUST complain to them that you have an issue like Infotainment reboots all the time.
This is the changelog list of all the update fixes for NA03. (North America)

Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11048)
• No Changelog issued by Mazda.

Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11040)
• The system may reboot.

(Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11038)
• DTC U3000:49 is stored which may be accompanied with following symptoms.
- No sound comes out from the speakers.
- Audio source selection is unavailable.
- The system reboots.

(Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11032)
• Update detail screen shows incomplete sentence and trying to scroll to the beginning of the sentence leads to the whole sentence disappearing.
• Turning the main power off may lead to a reboot while playing audio tracks using Android AutoTM and displaying the map using Android AutoTM.
• Voice command may not be recognized.
• Turning the main power on may lead to a reboot after connecting a device to use Apple CarPlayTM.
• Android AutoTM may fail to connect.
• The 360° view monitor screen may be overlaid with the home screen.
• DTC for disconnection of the mic may be stored in the CMU after updating the emergency call unit (TCU in MDARS) software.
• If the volume knob is pressed and held to turn the power off while adjusting Fader/Balance, the lines showing current setting for Fader/Balance may not appear the next time the power is turned on.
• Turning the main power off may cause the display to keep turning on while using Android AutoTM.
• The parking sensor screen may freeze after particular operations.
• Track selection using voice command may result in the error message “Too many tracks. This function is not available”.
• After selecting certain speed for the speed alarm, re-opening the screen shows default setting instead of the selected one while multiple USB devices are connected.
• The device name may not appear when connected using CarPlayTM.
• DTC U2301:56 may be stored after installing an accessory device.
• Album artwork may not appear when playing music using a USB connected iPhone.
• Android AutoTM may not appear on the entertainment screen.
• The screen may turn black when using CarPlayTM.
• The screen may freeze when a Bluetooth® device is disconnected.
• The destination may not be registered when a destination is sent via MyMazda application.
• When it reboots, registered information for a paired Bluetooth® device may be lost.
• The center display may turn black when the gear is shifted from reverse position to park position.
• Steering switch operation for auto-tuning may erase the banner when listening to the radio.
• Screen freezes and goes to white screen, then the system reboots.
• The audio selection switch does not work.
• If another incoming call comes in immediately after the hands-free call is ended, it is automatically accepted.
• It takes time to establish Bluetooth® connection.
• Mobile911 function may not place a call while no Bluetooth® device is connected.
• Mobile911 function may not place a call when using CarPlayTM.

Last edited:
Yes I also can help with EU03 currently running of latest EU03_10028
IF your CX-5 is above that number then you can not update until a later version is released by Mazda.

EU03 is for all of Europe and UK and Australia and NZ.
Changelog is not yet available but will be similar to NA03, unfortunately EU0* anything is always 6 months behind.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information AdzamOZ. I just checked on my new 2022 Signature CX-5 built May 16, 2022, which has version NA03_11038. Since I'm not experiencing any issues with rebooting I'll assume that an update can wait until my first scheduled dealer service. I usually do the firmware and navigation updates myself but having recently spent time updating my 2020 MX-5 system with no appreciable improvements I'm comfortable letting this ride unless there's something pressing that I'm not aware of... ❓

Last edited:
Depending on your Dealer most of them do not update Firmware to updated versions unless you complain of a specific issue that is happening when you use Connect.

Where you do not see any appreciable improvements when or after update is one I hear from time to time, obviously Firmware is updated or a reason, most get listed in Changelogs where they (MMC) can be bothered releasing it to Dealers, again most Dealer mechanics don't read or have the time to read or don't really care, and unless you work in a Dealership (service) you might understand why it is like this in 2022 (recent years).
Updates don't always jump out at you with what changed, some are very subtle some are operational where there is no physical or visual change to user, I always go with the updated version.

Thanks for that AdzamOZ. I had updated my 2021 CX-5 from 11022 to 11038 about 6 months ago. That made a huge difference as it was frequently rebooting with the older version as well as the screen going blank and sometimes the controls non-responsive. I've only experienced one reboot with version 11038; hopefully the 11040 version that I installed yesterday will eliminate random rebooting altogether.

Does the automatic/manual over-the-air update function not work?
Nope, does absolutely nothing...
The update is really easy, much easier than the last gen. Only issue I ran into, was finding a USB stick that the system would read, had an old 4 GB stick that finally did the trick.

Nope, does absolutely nothing...
The update is really easy, much easier than the last gen. Only issue I ran into, was finding a USB stick that the system would read, had an old 4 GB stick that finally did the trick.
I used a 128GB flash drive. I think it works as long as it's formatted in FAT32. I used the same flash drive I use for music. It was indeed very easy.
Does your infotainment manage to check for Gracenote updates? Mine says failed pretty much immediately. It's been like that since day one.

I used a 128GB flash drive. I think it works as long as it's formatted in FAT32. I used the same flash drive I use for music. It was indeed very easy.
Does your infotainment manage to check for Gracenote updates? Mine says failed pretty much immediately. It's been like that since day one.
Same, gracenote updates fail too. Over the air updates have been pretty much a no go, at least the Mazda connect app has worked pretty well for me.

Same, gracenote updates fail too. Over the air updates have been pretty much a no go, at least the Mazda connect app has worked pretty well for me.
Connect stopped working for me 3 weeks ago. Couldn’t find a solution, will have to go visit the dealership

Anyone else that upgraded to this new version, that had issues with the wireless charger, try out the charging again?

Decided to try the charger again, granted for a 30 min period, and my iPhone did not get super hot and the green charge light stayed green the entire time.
I’m planning to test it out again on a longer trip in a few days but wanted to see if others have had luck.

Anyone else that upgraded to this new version, that had issues with the wireless charger, try out the charging again?

Decided to try the charger again, granted for a 30 min period, and my iPhone did not get super hot and the green charge light stayed green the entire time.
I’m planning to test it out again on a longer trip in a few days but wanted to see if others have had luck.
I’ve been checking since your message (as I had given up on it since I got a MagSafe charger) and you are right, it definitely doesn’t warm up as much as it used to! Interesting.

Just installed today. Phone did not overheat on tthe way home from work so that's a plus (s22 ultra on android 13 beta). 30 min drive and charge went from 48% to 52% with wireless AA.

I’ve been checking since your message (as I had given up on it since I got a MagSafe charger) and you are right, it definitely doesn’t warm up as much as it used to! Interesting.
I was able to go for about 1 hour without any issues charging, and used Carlinkit for wireless Apple CarPlay.

Mazda Connect FIRMWARE Update for all CX-5's from late 2021 (2022 MY) with 10.25 Widescreen Display ONLY.

Mazda has introduced (June this year) the latest Firmware Update for Mazda Connect and ONLY for models with 10.25 inch Display.
NA03_11040
GEN 7.
6. See 'System Software'

IF your CX-5 is below 11040 Version Number I strongly advise you get your Mazda Dealer to update or you can do it yourself and yes I can provide you with the download link and the easy update on how to, this Genuine Mazda information will not be posted publicly you must ask for it in the form of a direct message stating all the detail that you find above (Current Region and Version info). IF you want your Mazda Dealer to update you MUST complain to them that you have an issue like Infotainment reboots all the time.

Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11040)
• The system may reboot.

- The system reboots.

• Update detail screen shows incomplete sentence and trying to scroll to the beginning of the sentence leads to the whole sentence disappearing.
• Turning the main power off may lead to a reboot while playing audio tracks using Android AutoTM and displaying the map using Android AutoTM.
• Turning the main power on may lead to a reboot after connecting a device to use Apple CarPlayTM.
• DTC for disconnection of the mic may be stored in the CMU after updating the emergency call unit (TCU in MDARS) software.
• If the volume knob is pressed and held to turn the power off while adjusting Fader/Balance, the lines showing current setting for Fader/Balance may not appear the next time the power is turned on.
• Turning the main power off may cause the display to keep turning on while using Android AutoTM.
• Track selection using voice command may result in the error message “Too many tracks. This function is not available”.
• After selecting certain speed for the speed alarm, re-opening the screen shows default setting instead of the selected one while multiple USB devices are connected.
• The destination may not be registered when a destination is sent via MyMazda application.
• When it reboots, registered information for a paired Bluetooth® device may be lost.
• The center display may turn black when the gear is shifted from reverse position to park position.
• Steering switch operation for auto-tuning may erase the banner when listening to the radio.
• If another incoming call comes in immediately after the hands-free call is ended, it is automatically accepted.
• Mobile911 function may not place a call while no Bluetooth® device is connected.
Just sent you a PM. Thanks.

Update went super smooth, didn't work on a 4gb flash drive, but a 32gb one worked no problem.

Thanks again for helping the community like this.

Mazda Connect FIRMWARE Update for all CX-5's from late 2021 (2022 MY) with 10.25 Widescreen Display ONLY.

NA03_11040
GEN 7.
6. See 'System Software'

IF your CX-5 is below 11040 Version Number I strongly advise you get your Mazda Dealer to update or you can do it yourself and yes I can provide you with the download link and the easy update on how to, this Genuine Mazda information will not be posted publicly you must ask for it in the form of a direct message stating all the detail that you find above (Current Region and Version info). IF you want your Mazda Dealer to update you MUST complain to them that you have an issue like Infotainment reboots all the time.

Ver. 7000C0A-NA03_11040)
• The system may reboot.

- The system reboots.

Is 11046 available yet?

Back