Rear bumper lip protector?

I know there was a previous thread 2 years ago but it never had a real answer as to availability of a real bumper / lip protector made of stainless or aluminum for the Second gen CX-9. I'm looking for something for my 2020 GT and found only 1 option on ebay from China and it doesn't really show if it protects and covers the lip too.

Any out there from Australia, Canada or Thailand with OEM accessories like this?

I think there would be a good number of us who would like one.

Thanks!

Greg

I was looking for something like this too at one point. It doesn't seem like a popular thing as I haven't been able to find anything outside of the generic clear or carbon fiber print PPf-like film. I'm thinking it may be because the CX-9 bumper doesn't really have a "lip" when the liftgate is closed, while the CX-5 does.

2021_mazda_cx-9_4dr-suv_grand-touring_rq_oem_2_500.jpg

dims

Ehhh I figured as much. It's a shame because not only would it provide additional protection, but it would add a touch of class and style as well.

I haven’t seen anything that fit with a lip either. Maybe there could be something from a different car that would fit well. I remember back in the days on my ford edge, there was a Scion rear bumper protector that was a perfect fit and better than all the Ford offerings. But no one has reported on cross model fit compatibility on the CX-9. You would have to go through the trial and error process, unless you can find a local shop with a lot of protector in stock to test fit.

Actually, looking at this product (which still doesn’t have a lip) and seeing how narrow the rear bumper area to cover actually is, i am not sure a lot of cross model would be compatible. I don’t think this is a very common bumper shape.

I know there was a previous thread 2 years ago but it never had a real answer as to availability of a real bumper / lip protector made of stainless or aluminum for the Second gen CX-9. I'm looking for something for my 2020 GT and found only 1 option on ebay from China and it doesn't really show if it protects and covers the lip too.

Any out there from Australia, Canada or Thailand with OEM accessories like this?

Thanks!

Greg
I am also looking for rear bumper protector edge guard for 2022.5 CX 5, turbo Signature model in Canada. See photo in other post. I cannot find one that wraps over the rear edge of bumper. Please send me link if you have one in your country so i can order. The dealer only sells flat stainless top piece which does not protect edge corner.
Thank yoy

Attachments

• 20220414_142055.jpg
    20220414_142055.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20220414_142100.jpg
    20220414_142100.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 108

Thanks!

Greg
Hey, I have a 2016 Mazda CX-9 and installed a cargo stainless steel bumper lip, and door-sill protectors. I bought both items from Amazon. The bumper lip cost about $119 before tax, while the door-sill protectors were around $35. The pictures are posted below.

Bumper lip: Beautost Fit for Mazda CX-9 CX9 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Stainless Rear Outside Bumper Sill Plate Guard Cover Trim https://a.co/d/jdNPKIC

Door-sill protector: ABSM-L 4 Pcs Stainless Steel Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I’ve attached pictures below.

@shawnee thanks for the feedback. Do you mind if you repost the door-sill protector link? The one you posted ended up in error
I noticed that too, but I added it just in case it would’ve worked for you. I think that specific door-sill is no longer on sale on Amazon. I’ve searched for more door sills that would fit the 2016-2021 CX-9, and I found this door-sill. In my opinion, it looks the best. The link is below.

GZBFTDH Car Door Entry Guard, Parts for Mazda cx-9 cx9 2016-2022 Kick Panels Guard Scuff Plate 4PCS, Stainless Steel with abs Car Door Sill Protector Cover, Auto Interior Accessories (Silver) https://a.co/d/fcWgN0C

Back