2016 CX-5 Sport Transmission fluid change interval?

Not really. Personally, I have never seen where even the extremely inexpensive generic transmission filter in about 40 years has ever been confirmed cause a problem. Unless it was not service in a reasonably time frame.

I realize that everyone that wants youtube or blog I am sure has other information based on testing lawn mowers. :LOL:

Mileage-wise this is a summer 2023 project for me.... probably going to do coolant on the CX-5 first (Reason being rear main seal was already changed under warranty.. this affects stock "change interval" as this was changed with repair). I'm following this more. If pan seal works as well as some suggest I can easily do 20-30K mile changes. Fluid and filters are cheap compared to AT swaps. Sure... there are some cheap & questionable used ones but I need reliability too. As I stated previously swapped "most" fluid at 50K miles but still stock filter @ 70k miles.

Mileage-wise this is a summer 2023 project for me.... probably going to do coolant on the CX-5 first (Reason being rear main seal was already changed under warranty.. this affects stock "change interval" as this was changed with repair). I'm following this more. If pan seal works as well as some suggest I can easily do 20-30K mile changes. Fluid and filters are cheap compared to AT swaps. Sure... there are some cheap & questionable used ones but I need reliability too. As I stated previously swapped "most" fluid at 50K miles but still stock filter @ 70k miles.

My filter seemed pretty clean at 100k miles, but of course that’s just what my eye could see. I was really happy to get the pan and magnet cleaned up. The new filter was the cherry on top :D

I heard lawn mower and Youtube..so here I go

•••• MOD... please delete if needed....So completely off topic... but a great example of a '70s malaise vehicle, a lawn mower carb, 3D printing and a little electronics for a '22 feedback carb for proper A/F ratio

Amazing mileage for this old Maverick..POS.. watch the videos first

PS. Thanks for feedback on filter

View attachment 311015
You know we all laugh our arses off I once took my carburetor off my station wagon ran a tube attacked to the intake manifold and an old ivory dish sop bottle filled with gas. Started the engine and drove around the block while manipulating the gas squeezing the dish soap bottle. LOL that was a completely open plenum and virtually no fuel or air control ..

Oh and I owned one of those Ford Mavericks (orange with white stripes and slotted mags)but mine was a Grabber with a 302 and top loader with 4:11s . :)

My filter seemed pretty clean at 100k miles, but of course that’s just what my eye could see. I was really happy to get the pan and magnet cleaned up. The new filter was the cherry on top :D
I read your response .... Spiderman would be happy to have you on the team with eyes as good as yours. ;)

Here is a MAZDA pan and magnet showing all the great stuff that is in MAZDA "LIFETIME no service transmissions at about 30,000 miles that most don't realize is there. While most of this will not directly hard the transmission it does at as a catch all for other things that may. Things MAZDA does not tell you.

The actual filter was to the sys clean with nothing of concern. ;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg