Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

Not Zota---whateverthef, I assume?
Noice.
Just had to 1up me, didn't ya? :D
Right, its the actual Nvidia card. This one:
1649953119795.png

Something like that... :p

No, I always envisioned doing this build with a 3080-class card so as to be good for at least a couple generations. In this case I was resigned to just keep the 3070 and look at upgrading again sooner.

This was just a dumb luck exchange I was able to fall into that was very reasonable on the trade/$$$ that I couldn't pass it up.

Should arrive this afternoon, and the water block I ordered for it on Saturday.

Right, its the actual Nvidia card. This one:

Something like that... :p
LOL! That's cool.

I have decided to just stick the the 11th Gen Intel when I restart. Just did our taxes yesterday and we're paying a lot. :( Larger purchases on hold atm. :D

Wifes job some how screws us every year. Enter my numbers: refund of $1400. Woo! Enter wife's numbers: you owe 4 GRAND. Sigh...

LOL! That's cool.

I have decided to just stick the the 11th Gen Intel when I restart. Just did our taxes yesterday and we're paying a lot. :( Larger purchases on hold atm. :D

Wifes job some how screws us every year. Enter my numbers: refund of $1400. Woo! Enter wife's numbers: you owe 4 GRAND. Sigh...
Yuck. I hate that and have certainly had years like that.

I used to be able to pretty reliably 0 out my taxes every year so I either got refunded or owed less than $100 which is how I prefer it. Past few years that hasn't worked out at all. Owed last 2 years, this year getting a small refund, but just getting eaten up by cost to file as I had some stuff beyond a basic return. Sigh.

1651000189477.png

Needed some more fittings for the top radiator as its a tight fit and also ordered a sleeved cable extension to get rid of this obnoxious Nvidia 12-pin adapter.

How are the be quiet fans? We sell them at work heard good things. Looks awesome that power cable looks crazy
Thanks! I like them, can't hear them much in normal operating ranges, and when they ramp up a bit you mostly hear the air it moves vs the fans themselves. I am a bit of a silence freak with my PCs. They seem to be performing well too, though the Phanteks T30's and Noctua NF-A12's are a bit better performers overall.

Been a while, let's just say bending rigid acrylic tubing and measuring and getting everything right was an exercise in much patience and determination. I also had a hell of a time getting the return into the pump from the bottom radiator working and opted to just work with some more fittings. Anyway, I am finally complete and will be doing another round of leak testing with my air tester (typically you pump the loop to about 0.5 - 0.7 bar and let it sit to see if any air leaks), and then all that is left is to fill it up with coolant.

I also added cable combs to the Nvidia 12-pin extension as it was a little unruly.

20220605_224156.jpg

Finally got the rig up and running today after a debacle involving a bad batch of coolant. I had to tear down, clean everything out, buy new coolant and fill it back up.

Anyway, I absolutely despise UserBenchmark (if you want to know why, its because they modify their score weights to fit their extreme Intel/Nvidia bias and their score aggregation is just largely broken).

That said, since we were using it earlier in the thread, went ahead and did a run, granted this is bone stock, haven't gotten into updating BIOS or OCing yet.

Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO Performance Results - UserBenchmark

For comparison, this was my old rig:

Asus Z97-DELUXE Performance Results - UserBenchmark

You sound like a conspiracy nut. LOL!
"They don't like Ryzen!"... proceeds to post benchmark that blows us completely out of the water. Damn. That's off the charts.
So what was the first thing you played on it?!?! :D
(He's going to say he hasn't yet...) lol
How's the Temps?

You sound like a conspiracy nut. LOL!
"They don't like Ryzen!"... proceeds to post benchmark that blows us completely out of the water. Damn. That's off the charts.
So what was the first thing you played on it?!?! :D
(He's going to say he hasn't yet...) lol
How's the Temps?
Its pretty well documented. I am more specifically looking at their weighted percentage comparisons, say if you looked up a 6900XT vs an RTX 3090. By their ratings, you'd legit think a 6900XT is 15-20% slower than a 3090 and that is simply false. With more recent Ryzens, they changed their scored weighting on CPU to heavily favor single core (which granted makes sense for some games, but doesn't tell the whole story). There's just lots of documented cases of this. It's not really a conspiracy. Anyone in the know, doesn't take them as a legit source. TechPowerUp would be better.

Well found out I installed my flow meter backwards and it wasn't working, so need to fix that.

Haven't gamed yet. Next comes the part where I migrate data over from old PC, and get Windows working the way I want it, before I then start looking at updating the BIOS and tweaking/tuning the hardware. Windows 11 already annoying me. Considering putting 10 on instead, or at least heavily tweaking 11 with some guides I found.

Still have 10 on my home PC. Well, because I can't move to 11. Don't think I would if I could. Have it at the office though.
This is why I stick to air cooling. A lot less complicated. :D Not as pretty though.

Still have 10 on my home PC. Well, because I can't move to 11. Don't think I would if I could. Have it at the office though.
This is why I stick to air cooling. A lot less complicated. :D Not as pretty though.
Never claimed it was not complicated. Just a hobby like other people have 3d printing hobbies, or like building things, or what have you. This one is mine.

I understand that. I'm not saying there's something wrong with you. :D
My hobby is gaming. The quicker I get to that part, the happier I am. :D

I understand that. I'm not saying there's something wrong with you. :D
My hobby is gaming. The quicker I get to that part, the happier I am. :D
Fair enough! I do that too. My next goal is to learn how Ryzen works with overclocking. I was looking through the BIOS after I updated it last night and was rather lost vs my Intel systems.

Back