Mazda Connect Firmware 74.00.230A (now .324A)

Updated to 74.00.310A via the link @anyDude sent. Haven’t noticed much of a difference. EQ sounds different; a little more vocal and bass, but not sure if I am just looking for something different. Also, the settings page doesn’t make you sit on a tab for 1.5 seconds before scrolling to the next one. Last thing I noticed is when navigation is muted, it no longer interrupts music where navigation would ordinarily instruct me on what the next turn is. Used to do the driver’s side interrupt even when I had navigation muted
Hello
In your opinion, did the audio quality go up or down?

I updated my firmware a couple of days ago to 74.00.310A NA (from 70.00.100 NA). Update went smoothly - took about 30 minutes or so. Didn't notice much difference other than it boots up much faster (I listen to Sirius and it seems like it's the last thing to load). Everything checked out ok after the upgrade. Thanks to anyDude for his assistance.

How can I go from my OS: 74.00.230 NA N to the new 74.00.310? do I need any special equipment? I have a 2021 Mazda6 Signature.

How can I go from my OS: 74.00.230 NA N to the new 74.00.310? do I need any special equipment? I have a 2021 Mazda6 Signature.
you have the whole entire internet that you can use to figure out what the process for updating is. I'm not going to keep repeating it, as dozens of people now have come asking me for files and instructions without doing their own proper research first. don't be lazy, do a couple of Google searches

Hi all - I am looking for 4A 74.00.230 for Australia, or newer. I accidentally installed the 74.00.230 NA version, which resulted in a loss of DAB digital radio functionality. Silly me. Can anyone PM me a link to upgrade files? Many thanks in advance :)

74.00.230 4A Is not available in the wild only your dealer might help you. Downgrade to 70.00.367 4A or EU, you're very lucky .230 allows downgrades if you had installed 74.00.310A NA you'd get stuck with it.

I was finally able to install the new USB Hub in my car. It went pretty smoothly using the drill shortcut technique. Driving this weekend on a road trip was nice using Apple CarPlay in my 2017 Mazda 3 Hatch. My dealership wanted over $400 and I did it for $105. Thanks again AnyDude for the firmware update.

Hi. I just bought a used 2018 Mazda CX-5 and found afterwards it doesn't have Android Auto available. After reading several posts and watching a few youtube videos, i found that i need a firmware upgrade and a retrofit TK78-66-9U0C kit.

i understand that i can upgrade straight to 70.00.335 but if there is a newer version, i'd rather update to what is available now.

does anyone know if this is possible to update to the 74 NA version you are talking about above? also, i've tried click on many links. sounds like these links are all invalid and i must likely find someone who has the file and can provide it directly to me.

i'm pretty technical capable and am certain i can do this without going to a dealer for it.

tia

Although not a complete release notes, at least one fix is listed in the Service Alert march update for 6th gen connect troubleshooting on page 13:

SA-003/22

Fixing high-temperature false detection.

whats up with your attitude? I mean this is an entirely recreational outlet and you're not contributing to the overall atmosphere here. Answer the question like a good kid, and contribute in kind. You clearly wouldn't be this way offline, so don't do it here.

You have nothing to report, then say that. Don't get mad if I asked for an update on the very question you claimed to use to start the thread with.
guy, you need to do your own research. there's multiple threads and youtube videos on how to upgrade your firmware. (even at the bottom it shows similar threads....) there's multiple posts where mazda has stated after .230, they will not release publicly the future releases which in-turn means there's going to be less documentation and availability to the upgrade for free. Thanks alot to @anyDude for providing this to us and his hard efforts to help everyone.
if you can't be bothered to search even after the first time he said to go back a few pages and read then you are coming back with the attitude question, maybe take it to a place where you pay to have your questions answered aka the dealer.

Got this update off anyDude, and I appreciate it being shared.

Installed on my 2017 CX-5 today and wanted to share my observations. Got a couple of sets of dealer instructions from another sites, they're not hard to find. Followed those to the letter, even put my battery on a charger as instructed to prevent power surges.

My car didn't like the 1st thumb drive I tried, the 2nd worked fine. The system seemed to respond better to a drive formatted to FAT32 rather than NTFS, although it could have been the drive itself. I haven't gotten the new Android Auto hub with USB 2.0 installed yet, still have the original. Yet even under that slower hub the install took less than an hour. Other than the thumb drive issue, everything went smoothly.

The system now seems more responsive than before. The boot up times also appear to have improved. Although I may have lost of few settings, my radio presets and map favorites remained. I thought those would have been deleted, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Got this update off anyDude, and I appreciate it being shared.

Installed on my 2017 CX-5 today and wanted to share my observations. Got a couple of sets of dealer instructions from another sites, they're not hard to find. Followed those to the letter, even put my battery on a charger as instructed to prevent power surges.

My car didn't like the 1st thumb drive I tried, the 2nd worked fine. The system seemed to respond better to a drive formatted to FAT32 rather than NTFS, although it could have been the drive itself. I haven't gotten the new Android Auto hub with USB 2.0 installed yet, still have the original. Yet even under that slower hub the install took less than an hour. Other than the thumb drive issue, everything went smoothly.

The system now seems more responsive than before. The boot up times also appear to have improved. Although I may have lost of few settings, my radio presets and map favorites remained. I thought those would have been deleted, so that was a pleasant surprise.
Yes, should be included in the instructions that FAT32 formatting is required. but just in case it isn't, be aware everyone. thanks geost1 for providing updates - for every 10 that ask for the file, maybe 1 actually replies with a follow up so it's appreciated

Back