Anyone replace the tires yet on their 2018+ Mazda6?

:
2019 Mazda6 & CX-5
I’ve driven our 6 now for several months and can say I don’t like the tires that came on the car. We have a 2019 Signature. I am expecting when I change the tires and go with a much sportier a/s performance tire, I’ll gain steering feel and a bit more responsiveness.

Anyone replaced their tires yet? With what tire?

I’ve driven our 6 now for several months and can say I don’t like the tires that came on the car. We have a 2019 Signature. I am expecting when I change the tires and go with a much sportier a/s performance tire, I’ll gain steering feel and a bit more responsiveness.

anyone replaced their tires yet? With what tire?

I am on my second set. First set was Pirelli PZero As Plus - I found them loud and they wore out very quickly...Was covered under the wear warranty. Latest set is Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+, which I a happier with.

Just a warning that when you switch out the tires, you are more than likely going to have more road noise in the cabin. The OEM tires are pretty quiet.

Thx for your reply. My brother loves his PS AS 3+ on his S4. Those are honestly the tires I’d get today if I needed them. How did handling/steering feel and responsiveness change with the Pilot Sport AS+ tires?

Thx for your reply. My brother loves his PS AS 3+ on his S4. Those are honestly the tires I’d get today if I needed them. How did handling/steering feel and responsiveness change with the Pilot Sport AS+ tires?
The Michelins are stickier and don't howl as much when you're driving aggressively.

I don't drive my 6 that hard often so I don't see much difference from day to day outside of the louder road noise.

Recommend OP to go to tirerack.com to do research.

You choose the best tires that fit your needs. Everyone has somewhat different preferences.

According to Consumer Reports' extensive tire tests, the best handling Ultra-High-Performance all-season tires for your car are the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS. The added bonus is that their noise rating is better than average. The slight down side is snow traction, which is below average. Tread life is 40,000 miles compared to 55,000 for the Michelins which are tied with three other makes and models of tires. (See attached image.)

Attachments

• A_S UHP Tires CR 2020.jpg
    A_S UHP Tires CR 2020.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 301
Hi, the OEM tyres over here in the UK for the 19" alloy wheels are Bridgestone Turanza T001 225/45/19 92W. Bridgestone tyres are generally wider and offer some reasonable level of rim protection. I have covered 17k from new and still running on the original tyres, which have about 6mm thread left at the front. The tyres at the rear are like brand new, these tyres are wearing very well and I think I should get plenty more miles out of them.

I give Bridgestone tyres a good score, I'm very happy, the tyres look nice and the thread pattern is good too. Road noise is not bad either, so thumbs up.
20200521_115711.jpg
20200521_115718.jpg
20200521_115718.jpg

I got the Goodyear exhilarate for my turbo. Tires are more sticky and not much louder than stock. Corners are much quicker now, my mpg is the same. Rain has no effect the tires are great year round.

Hi, the OEM tyres over here in the UK for the 19" alloy wheels are Bridgestone Turanza T001 225/45/19 92W. Bridgestone tyres are generally wider and offer some reasonable level of rim protection. I have covered 17k from new and still running on the original tyres, which have about 6mm thread left at the front. The tyres at the rear are like brand new, these tyres are wearing very well and I think I should get plenty more miles out of them.

I give Bridgestone tyres a good score, I'm very happy, the tyres look nice and the thread pattern is good too. Road noise is not bad either, so thumbs up. View attachment 226940View attachment 226941View attachment 226941
No stranger here to the Bridgestone Turanza. As our tire store rep told me, “those are some bad boys.” Yes, yes they were. Also had good results with the Pirelli P-Zero’s. Both sets on previous vehicles and did really well.

Still running my OEM Falken’s. Going on 3rd year. Wearing nicely. But I’m also OCD on air pressures and rotations. As everyone knows, tires are not cheap. It pays to take your time, do your research, take advantage of special sales, rebates, and do it correctly the first time. Smarter, not harder!

Anyone replaced their tires yet? With what tire?
My 2019 6 came with Falken OEMs and were just okay...thought they were quiet and grip ok during summer but not so much in winter (snow/ice/slush). I replaced them with Nokian WRG4 all-weather (winter rated with snowflake mountain symbol) and you can run them all year round. Much more quiet than the Falkens and had lower rolling resistance! Definitely recommend them...

What tires did you buy as a replacement?
Not yet. But have been looking at the Nexen N’Priz AU7’s. Have owned these before. Smooth and quiet. Rode really well. Doesn’t snow that much in Oklahoma, so can’t offer too much evaluation, there. Good traction in wet weather. I believe it’s a 50,000 mile tire. Going from memory. About $140 each, out the door at Sam’s, the last time I priced them.

No stranger here to the Bridgestone Turanza. As our tire store rep told me, “those are some bad boys.” Yes, yes they were. Also had good results with the Pirelli P-Zero’s. Both sets on previous vehicles and did really well.

Still running my OEM Falken’s. Going on 3rd year. Wearing nicely. But I’m also OCD on air pressures and rotations. As everyone knows, tires are not cheap. It pays to take your time, do your research, take advantage of special sales, rebates, and do it correctly the first time. Smarter, not harder!
Update: now into year 4 with my Falken’s. Clock shows 34,000. While the tread isn’t pristinely youthful-looking, there still appears to be about 6/32” of wear. I suppose I will have to go “tire shopping” this Fall when most dealers/manufacturers offer some incentives to do so. Typically, Black Friday/Thanksgiving through Early January see some of the best offerings, incentives, and rebates.

The crappy OEM tires are done at 25,000 miles (thank god.). Just ordered a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus that I’m having installed on Friday. I’ve owned these tires before and loved them so I expect I will love them on the 6 as well. Will report back initial impressions post-install.

Discount Tire offering add’l 5% since their sponsored NASCAR entry won the Daytona 500 last Sunday. YMMV
I got the 5% discount by registering an account online with them. Which I didn’t mind doing as I’ve used DT for at least 6 tire purchases in the 15+ years.

They tend to give me a great deal without any negotiating. That wasn't the case, many years ago but it is now after buying tires for three vehicles over the last 15 years.

I got the 5% discount by registering an account online with them. Which I didn’t mind doing as I’ve used DT for at least 6 tire purchases in the 15+ years.
Well, I bit the bullet at Discount Tire. Ordered new rims and tires. Might as well go down with the ship, yes? 😂

I am dropping off the 19” wheels for 18”. To maintain accuracy on the Speedo, I am going from 225/45R/19’s to 225/55R/18’s. 19” tires are ridiculously high. 18’s? Not so much. Pic below.

Wheels are chrome Drag wheels DR-77’s. Also pic below. Will attach a pic of the ride with her new shoes once everything arrives and is installed. OTD price was about $10-15 over $1,500. Got the veteran 10%, the extra 5% on their Daytona special, price match on the wheels, certificates, concentric rings, and mounting, balancing, $75 Pirelli rebate applied, etc. And as a disabled vet, I didn’t have to pay sales tax. Tires carry a 65,000 rating, 700 A A. (Rubber a bit harder than most.)

Attachments

• 0ECFD0A8-73CE-4EE0-9C90-F8D71A1DFCAF.jpeg
    0ECFD0A8-73CE-4EE0-9C90-F8D71A1DFCAF.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 1ACEEE05-F392-4723-8AD8-AAC9F1050050.jpeg
    1ACEEE05-F392-4723-8AD8-AAC9F1050050.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 152
Back