Battery Booster Pack

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
When two years almost to the after I bought my Signature the battery quit with no warning leaving me stranded way out in the boonies and the tow truck arrive four hours later they jumped it with a battery booster pack (story covered in an earlier thread). It was the first time I'd seen one of those and seems to be a marvel of compact convenience. Does anyone here keep one in their car? Following my traumatic experience, especially the part about no warning whatsoever I think I'd like to get one. Would a1000 amp model be adequate? A problem is that while they're quite economical from Amazon etc in the US they are at least four times more expensive here. I would consider buying one on my next trip north but suspect I would not be allowed to bring it on the plane what with it having a live lithium battery. The businesses with our version of Amazon, Mercado Libre probably are aware of that so can get away with adding a gigantic premium to the cost.

I have one from AliExpress, a Gooloo model. I've used it to boost my CX-9, my dad's Highlander and Equinox, wife's Civic.. great little tool to have. I keep it in the car at all times.

Would you be able to bring it on the plane if you kept it in your checked luggage?

After my last go-around with a bad battery I bought one from Harbor Freight. 750 amps about $59.00. I keep it in the car just in case. Only problem is it needs to be charged every month or so so you have to remember to take it out and charge it up.

I have this one

JumpStart_1fa5322b-0351-43a2-90ef-7f9fea5c9e29.jpg
65W_323e8cc6-3223-4f97-862c-dc298c7ef87e_540x.jpg
override_7126047e-9984-4621-91c6-0d34eb890313_540x.jpg
7_6795826e-e8c5-43e2-b677-7e2612f12420_540x.jpg
8_3382ff6b-9b21-46e1-ae11-a42a101dfd9d_540x.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

10_1677.jpg

screen_1.jpg

6_ea153b1f-19e9-46e7-bf54-f38a17415e74.jpg

3_8fa080e5-0fdf-4446-9f3a-3b1fe09268a4.jpg

Last edited:
I have the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 amp unit. Not too expense, holds a charge, and has enough power to jump start the CX5.

I have them for all three cars I have.
Two cheap ones. They work.

The 3rd one is the Fanttik as shown. Love it.
Big screen and more informative.
Worth the extra few dollars.
(Fanttik is sold in two diff packages/prices ... beware of the differences)

My daughter used the cheap one once. The other two have not be put to use yet. They just sit in the trunk somewhere.

Note:
When your battery is really drained to a low voltage, these devices require a special procedure (pushing a button or two etc... to force it) to boost. Be sure you are aware of the procedure. Some people are not aware of that and think their devices are broken.

I bought the deluxe package... it was $139 IIRC... after the common $30 coupons

9.jpg

I'm a fan of their products. I just received their inflator and also have their mini electric screwdriver.

BTW, the packaging from Fanttik is abnormal....
It feels like a product from Apple... very well packaged... not that it really matters, but I was surprised.

I ordered another one of the "deluxe" Fanttik kits for my parents today.

$40 off code - FANTTIK$40

Free Shipping and checkout was around $129.xx.

The 65 watt charger can recharge this booster in 90 minutes

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 3.53.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 3.54.20 PM.png

Last edited:
I bought the deluxe package... it was $139 IIRC... after the common $30 coupons

9.jpg

I'm a fan of their products. I just received their inflator and also have their mini electric screwdriver.

I got the cheaper one because I did not pay attention to the difference.
Mine came with a cloth bag (instead of a storage box) and without 65w charger/USB-C cables.

The storage box and rapid charger and like you previously stated the overall quality of goods really impressed me. Hopefully they can maintain the quality over time as I know they are a young company.

I bought one of these from Costco, mainly because it also has an air compressor. Tried it a couple of times and it seems to be working great.

I have one. I am a little reluctant to keep it in the car especially in the hot summer. But I can grab it when I go on a drive.

I ordered another one of the "deluxe" Fanttik kits for my parents today.

$40 off code - FANTTIK$40

Free Shipping and checkout was around $129.xx.

The 65 watt charger can recharge this booster in 90 minutes

View attachment 307028
View attachment 307030

Hmm, tempted to order one now 😅 If I get the Fanttik, I can give my other one to my dad..

I have a small NOCO I keep in my Miata since I changed it to a 3 pound LiFePO4 starting battery. Li-based batteries tend to have enormous surge capacity for quite small A-Hr capacity (makes them good jump starters) and I sat too long in the drive-in listening to the radio with the engine off. I've never used it on my own cars. I HAVE used to assist others with low batteries.

You should not need a 1000 amp booster. I have a GB20/400A and it has started good sized V-6s.

Back