2013 CX-5 Infotainment Upgrade Options

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
What upgrades have you done and how has your experience been specifically for the 2013 CX-5 with Bose?

My front speaker keeps blowing (normal use) and I'm looking for a potential Android Auto upgrade and would love to hear from the forum!

Last edited:
Head on over to crutchfield.com I buy pretty much all my electronics through them simply because when you call them to talk through things, they actually know what the hell they're talking about (most of the time).

As for you blowing the front bose speaker, my sister in laws 16 cx5 with bose speakers also blew the front right. She claims she doesn't listen to her music loud but yeah. I doubt that

Are you blowing them, or is the paper separating from the frame of the speaker? I've had to reseal both front door speakers in my 14 CX-5 w/Bose because of the speaker frame rusting and separating from the speaker itself.

@rickprins hey, I started a conversation with a few members on the forum, trying to see if anyone has any experience with upgrading the head unit to a custom one, so have you had that done?
If so, do you have a central command knob, parking sensors (front/back) etc.?
Thanks in advance

20210904_123444.jpg
I just put this....
Dasaita android 10.2 inch
IPS 1280x720
Carplay + Android auto (wired & wireless)
Canbus (suitable for both bose and non bose)
It is just plug and play
(Camera, parking sensors work)
Stock options for lights/wipers/doors are available as well
Fully integrated frame into dashboard
3 usb cables.
Wifi dual band + Bluetooth 5.0

I was an Alpine fanboy since the 80's, but I run Kenwood decks now. I have a DDX8905S in my CX-5, a DDX8706S in my wife's Mazda5, and a DMX7705S in my Silverado.

The cool thing about the Kenwood is, with an iDataLink Maestro RR, you get full gauges, right on the radio's display!

Attachments

• IMG_20201209_162404218_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201209_162404218_HDR.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I was an Alpine fanboy since the 80's, but I run Kenwood decks now. I have a DDX8905S in my CX-5, a DDX8706S in my wife's Mazda5, and a DMX7705S in my Silverado.

The cool thing about the Kenwood is, with an iDataLink Maestro RR, you get full gauges, right on the radio's display!
you can as well on the Android one with OBD Bluetooth adapter (5USD) and Torque Android app. Many launchers allows to add gauges onto the main screen

You don't want one of those "Pure Android" radios, they're universally garbage.

Ever tried to use a $30 Android tablet from Alibaba? Because that's exactly what those things are, just in a different format.

Also, DO NOT buy a no-name ELM327, EVER!!!! They have been known to fry PCM's!

Thousands of people are using elm327 without issues....but you had one bad experience....
There are more chipsets that are available in market as bluetooth odb systems.

Back