Bruce's 2021 Mazda3 Sport build

Reitrof

Contributor
:
08 Miata;18 3;11 2
Sooo, I'm so bored I'm following Jeff's and Mark's build idea. Not that this will be a long build.

As the title states but a Mazda 3 sport with a 2.5l and a manual tranny.

First mod was to add the appearance package.

When winter started I had no tires for it so I used my old rims and tires from the Miata, which now were 13 years old. I figured that I would use Mary's car when a bad storm hit as she's retired and doesn't drive in bad weather.

Needless to say the fitment was off, the M3 uses 45 offset and the Miata's is 55. I used 5mm spacers to make it fit. With the spacer the wheel just clears the front caliper. The tire diameter is smaller than stock and the speedo is off by 3 mph but everything works. Looks more like a SUV than a hatchback.

The only issue is that when it snows the tires are useless. Thankfully it's been pretty quiet snow wise and in the cold and dry the tire is fine.

Attachments

• PXL_20201013_195630171.jpg
    PXL_20201013_195630171.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 229
As far as the car goes, I love it. Mary has a 2018 M3 Sport with a 2l and auto. Not too bad and I claimed 2 3rd place finishes with it this summer while the Miata was MIA for the year.

It is the mid level trim as I hate leather. I was looking for a 2020 but could not find one in red with a manual. Manuals are only 5% of sales in our area.

Anyway, love the adaptive cruise, lights, heated seats, steering, etc. Can't imagine how I lived without it.

I bought the car in mid Oct with 5 miles on it and now have 10,000. Find a huge difference from the 3rd to 4th gen 3's. This one is very quiet, too quiet, especially when trying to shift and hear the engine. I've ordered a Corksport exhaust but because of covid, their aluminium supply is gone and won't get it till spring.

I'm also looking at lowering springs, Eibach, Corksport, H&R. Corksport is too low and looking at either Eibach or H&R. This is my daily driver.

So today I scored a set of M3 rims and winter tires in mint condition. I was looking in Kijiji, Canada's version of Craigslist, and came across the set. Perfect, snatched them up and installed them today. Work Much better in the snow compared to the Miata winters. They been sent to the shed.

Yeah I’ll follow this. I’m jealous of you having a MT. I think my dealership got maybe two 3s in DIY shift in the last year.

It's just a simple beam axle but seems to handle well. I’ll know more once I swap out springs in April.

Ordered the Eibach springs today. Will be in next week but won't install them till spring.

Finally got the ProClip mount and installed it today. Kind of fiddly to get it installed but after a couple of attempts it's in. Mounted a magnetic holder on the mount. Looks like it will work very well.

Eibach springs are here but won't be able to install them until the weather gets warmer.

I love the Proclip in my Mini. I also have added a magnet mount, which makes it so convenient. Next step is going to be wireless charging magnet mount and a bluetooth music adapter.

So installed the Eibachs over the weekend. Front's were a pain in the ass but the rears were easy. Waiting on my new old rims to get new tires this week and then will get those on.

Corksport. Waiting for them to build it. Might do the midpipe as well.

I just picked up a 2021 AWD Turbo and is in the process of also dressing it up! So I share in your excitement! I was also looking into Corksport but appears they are Sold Out until May timeframe! Have you seen the HKS Legal Exhaust! I would love to get my hands on this one but it is currently NOT available here in the US. Here is what the Exhaust sounds like. Looking forward to more of your build!

I just picked up a 2021 AWD Turbo and is in the process of also dressing it up! So I share in your excitement! I was also looking into Corksport but appears they are Sold Out until May timeframe! Have you seen the HKS Legal Exhaust! I would love to get my hands on this one but it is currently NOT available here in the US. Here is what the Exhaust sounds like. Looking forward to more of your build!

Nice, maybe try to find a HKS dealer? My Corksport should be here in a month so I will wait.

New/Used wheels and tires are ready, so will get those on this week.

Back