CX-7 won't turn over, help

Need help, long story short, car wouldn't go pass 2000rpm, pulled code and it gave a 2119 throttle body. However it's been sitting outside in 10° weather for 4days so I let it run to warm up more. 20mins later car drove fine, code gone, I try to start it the next day and it wouldn't turn over, it'll crank but won't turn over. I can hear the fuel pump turn on and checked all fuses with no luck. I was thinking immobilizer but it recognized my keys. Please help, thanks!

Try spraying a small amount of carb cleaner or sensor safe starter fluid into the intake to see if it will start and run for a few seconds on external fuel.

Upvote 0
Check for spark next, with a spark tester tool if you have one. If not, remove a spark plug or two and touch the threaded part of the plug to the block, and watch for see if the plug produces a solid blue spark while a helper cranks the engine. Hold the plug with a rubber glove (or heavy work glove) while doing this test in order to avoid shocks, particularly if the air is damp.

Upvote 0
Check for spark next, with a spark tester tool if you have one. If not, remove a spark plug or two and touch the threaded part of the plug to the block, and watch for see if the plug produces a solid blue spark while a helper cranks the engine. Hold the plug with a rubber glove (or heavy work glove) while doing this test in order to avoid shocks, particularly if the air is damp.
Unfortunately due to weather had it towed at my friend's shop and found out my timing jumped. He will do a leak down test to see of anything got damaged. 😪

Upvote 0
Unfortunately due to weather had it towed at my friend's shop and found out my timing jumped. He will do a leak down test to see of anything got damaged. 😪
A leak down test alone will not prove if anything is damaged or not. The only way to know for sure is to open it up and examine the valves. So if what you wrote above is exactly what he said, then I would be more than a bit concerned that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Upvote 0
Back