New P5 owner, possibly newb questions

What’s up everybody? I just bought an 03 P5 off of a friend of mine. He had the car parked on a hill and didn’t set the e brake all the way so the hood and core support met the rear bumper of a Jeep/: I’ve been looking at my local scrap yards and pick and pulls for parts but I seriously can’t find anything at all near me. Are there any good places to order body parts from? Also, is it only 02-03 proteges that have interchangeable parts with a P5? I really just need a driver headlight for now and I’m willing to rewire a sedan headlight if I have to, just wanna see if anything else will work first. Thanks guys, I can’t wait to learn more about these cool little wagons. I’ve had mine for a week and love it, I eventually plan on boosting it or even a KLZE swap.

Gidday! Welcome!

P5 front end structures should be the same as sedans except for the lights, grille and bumper. All BJ models should be similar if not the same underneath the skin.

Theoretically you could rewire the sedan headlights but I don't know how the factory wiring will like it :p

Gidday! Welcome!

P5 front end structures should be the same as sedans except for the lights, grille and bumper. All BJ models should be similar if not the same underneath the skin.

Theoretically you could rewire the sedan headlights but I don't know how the factory wiring will like it :p
Thanks man I appreciate it! I knew the lights were slightly different. I’m not really sure how the factory wiring would hold up to sedan headlights and turn signals. If I can get away with it I’ll just use the turn signals, I don’t drive it at night anyways lol.

RockAuto has the headlight housing. They're kind of expensive but cheaper in U.S. dollars.

There is also a facebook "protege parts for sale group"

@Derbyguy919 You can also check out our Marketplace and post a WTB (want to buy) thread here...I see you already posted one! (y)

For P5 parts, I would keep an eye on our "Past Models For Sale" Forum. :)

Back