2017~2024 Just picked up a 2019 CX-5 GTR yesterday!

:
TX, USA
:
2019 Mazda CX5 GTR
Ok, so now what? I not that familiar with Mazda dealers but I think maybe I lucked out and basically the only thing the dealer added extra was tint.

I've never owned a Mazda before, for context. Also never owned a car with a turbo before either.

What's the general verdict here for accessories? Specifically, I'm definitely interested in all weather floor mats, cargo mat, and I saw a post here in this forum about splash guards. As far as the interior mats go, are the Mazda ones decent? Or spend more for Weathertech? There's some slightly cheaper options on Amazon too that have pretty good reviews.

Again, for context, my experience has been mostly with Hondas. For Hondas, there was a dealer who was pretty popular and active online in Honda forums, I ended up buying a lot of my Honda accessories from them because they always had very competitive prices and good customer service. Won't name them specifically in case there's rules against "advertising" or whatever, but CHH are their initials. Anyway, is there something like that in general for Mazdas?

Would appreciate any advice! And also...it's great to finally own a car that I look forward to driving!

The OEM mazda mats are decent, they don't protect the carpet sides tho, that said I would not buy OEM mats again. I got the tuxmat mats in my car and they're great. Couple useful accessories I got were window visors and cargo cover (stupid expensive, should have came with the car). Other useless accessory I got are the blue tinted side mirrors and rear bumper guard.

43052862792_b46640e53c_b.jpg

there is a long long thread on mats - some like Canadian Mazda mats, others seem to prefer an aftermarket mat you cannot easily find in the US...

there is also a Jessica Alba accessory (no not her with a neck tattoo on a water tower) - that adds small storage spots to an area in the dash

otherwise, the GTW is pretty complete

Same as above post with Canadian OEM Premium floor liners. Same custom pedals (got mine on Amazon). I have the OEM rubber cargo mat & like it. Lots of OEM stuff online for way less than the local dealers.

EedH4i0.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Canadian "Premium" all-weather mats and really like them, but they may be hard to get or more expensive if you're not in Canada. There are https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) that have the same fit and function as the OEM Canadian mats, they just have a different cosmetic design and they don't have the CX-5 and Mazda branding.

The OEM cargo tray is great. Mazdaparts.org is where I would get my OEM accessories if I were in the U.S. There are plenty of other sellers just like them, but I like their website.

Pedal covers are really easy to install, and LED bulb upgrades are popular and cheap.

I do not like my Weathertech mats.

They are hard to get clean, and only cover halfway up the Dead Pedal...pretty useless as there's a chunk of carpet where your left foot perpetually sits that is not protected. And there's minimal protection around the accelerator pedal, so stuff collects at the base of it.

That, and they look very utilitarian in the CX-5.

I added the cargo mat, splash guards and pedal covers to my 2019 GT Reserve. I had some trouble with the dead pedal not adhering to either the carpet or the rubber insert not adhering to the aluminum part and the pedal getting loose from the floor. Once I removed the crappy double stick tape and replaced it with good quality heavy duty Velcro to stick to the carpet and 3M heavy duty double stick tape to keep the rubber backing and aluminum piece together the problem seems to be solved.

I moved to a mountain community that gets snow for just a few weeks a year so I ordered a set of the Maxpider floor mats from Amazon and they are in transit now. Good reviews of that brand on the thread here, and about half the cost of the Canadian version which looks like the only difference is that the Canadian mats have the Mazda and CX 5 logos.

Good call on the maxpiders. I got mine from Walmart last week. They look great with the sport pedals (the ambient lighting on the signature is another bonus!).

Thanks guys. Picked up some all weather floor mats off Amazon, cargo mat, the pedals you guys posted above. I also ordered a tray insert thing that goes in the center console(?) that looks more functional and usable than the tiny tray that comes with the car.

So my next question is - cargo net...the kind that goes across the back adjacent to the gate...there doesn't seem to be any way of putting one in without drilling holes for the top corners from what I've seen... Any options here?

Cargo net for what? Your soccer balls? :D Never understood what's so handy about those.

(Buddy of mine is a soccer coach and brought over a net and soccer balls the day he came over to see my CX5 that I traded in my Saab for...fucker :D )

Haha, they're nice for groceries and other "loose" stuff so they're not sliding around in your cargo area on your way home.

Cargo net for what? Your soccer balls? :D Never understood what's so handy about those.

(Buddy of mine is a soccer coach and brought over a net and soccer balls the day he came over to see my CX5 that I traded in my Saab for...fucker :D )

I've posted before that I use these:

CargoTech_Reusablebags_Milk_Grocery_2019.jpg

The bags shown have flat bottoms...plastic bags do not. You can corral plastic bags in these things so they stay upright. Can't do that with the nets.

Last edited:
how are the Maxpiders when it comes to cleaning? Currently have Weathertechs but the grooves are hard to clean, dirt stays in them. Cleaned them after the winter to get the salt and dirt off and hard to get them looking clean again. Am considering swapping out for Maxpiders in front if they clean up better

how are the Maxpiders when it comes to cleaning? Currently have Weathertechs but the grooves are hard to clean, dirt stays in them. Cleaned them after the winter to get the salt and dirt off and hard to get them looking clean again. Am considering swapping out for Maxpiders in front if they clean up better
I have the same issue with my Weathertechs. Any mud and dirt seems to stain them...and it's not just the grooves. Plus, the dead pedal only covers half the carpet.

You think you're doing a good thing by buying a brand name...

I have the same issue with my Weathertechs. Any mud and dirt seems to stain them...and it's not just the grooves. Plus, the dead pedal only covers half the carpet.

You think you're doing a good thing by buying a brand name...

Yes, exactly! they turn a little brownish after a while it seems, no matter how much you try to clean them. I also don't like how they only go halfway up the dead pedal like you said. I live about 30 minutes from the Weathertech factory so when I got the car I just went there and picked them up so didn't have to pay shipping, but now kind of regretting it. Seeing if anyone can comment on the washability of the Maxpiders since those cover more of the dead pedal also

I have the Maxspiders and they come clean easily each time. Clay dirt, desert sand dirt, potting soil - no problem. Rinse with hose; if still grimy a quick brush and a bit of car wash soap and they come clean like day 1. I had them in my Mini Cooper for 5+ years with no problem that is why I put them in the new Mazda CX-5 immediately. Often I don't even take them out of the vehicle.. A wet rag wipes them clean in clean 9 out of 10 times.

I don't have the Maxpiders, but I do have the Canadian "premium" liners which appear to be very similar. Like CX5_Driver said, they come clean pretty easily. I can pressure wash most of the dirt off, then use a brush and a bit of car wash soap if necessary.

I don't have the Maxpiders, but I do have the Canadian "premium" liners which appear to be very similar. ...

yeah this similarity has been discussed in nausea

there is is now generics / knock offs (with great washing them off and install videos)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
I don't have the Maxpiders, but I do have the Canadian "premium" liners which appear to be very similar. Like CX5_Driver said, they come clean pretty easily. I can pressure wash most of the dirt off, then use a brush and a bit of car wash soap if necessary.
Not only are they very similar, the Canadian OEM premium floor mats ARE in fact 3D MaxPider mats. MaxPider (U Guard) has contract with Mazda Canada to produce the OEM premium mat. This arrangement is with Mazda Canada only, and not with Mazda USA. That's why the Canadian OEM premium mats are better than the Mazda US OEM Mats.

Last edited:
Back