Los Angeles dry roads tires for 2015 CX-5 Touring with stock wheels

Hi All

What tires do you recommend? I see everything is labeled as All Season. I mainly drive in dry weather. I'm still on the stock tires and my car isn't known for quietness. I'm looking at the PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS since they have most positive reviews it seems but some reviews claim they are noisy. It would be nice to have a quieter ride than what I'm used to. I drive on the more delicate side usually 65 mph on Highway and i let the car roll down to about 25 mph before breaking etc. Advice is appreciated.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV, if you really want a summer tire and don't care about how long they last.

If you do care about how long they last, the P7 you mentioned would be fine, or the Michelin Premier LTX.

The most important thing to keep them quiet is to rotate them when you do oil changes, and bring the front tires straight back and cross the rear tires to the front each time. It will help prevent edge cupping which is what creates the most tire road noise. Also a good idea to get your alignment checked when you get the tires.

I am a tire nut, as well as a hard driver, and have been very happy with the reduced road noise, increased performance, longer treadwear, and supple comfort with the YOKOHAMA AVID ASCEND tires. Currently with 20k miles on them, and the recent 3rd rotation showed tread depth is at 8/32. They put the OE tires to shame.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0J6ijcK54gIVkKDsCh3glQpFEAQYASABEgKr8fD_BwE&tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+Ascend+%28H-+or+V-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=165HR6ASC&GCID=C13674x012-tire&KEYWORD=tires.jsp_Yokohama_AVID_Ascend_%28H-_or_V-Speed_Rated%29_Tire&code=yes&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI0J6ijcK54gIVkKDsCh3glQpFEAQYASABEgKr8fD_BwE%3AG%3As&s_kwcid=AL%213756%213%2172322431853%21%21%21g%21128076095773%21&sidewall=Blackwall

Last edited:
Hi All

What tires do you recommend? I see everything is labeled as All Season. I mainly drive in dry weather. I'm still on the stock tires and my car isn't known for quietness. I'm looking at the PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS since they have most positive reviews it seems but some reviews claim they are noisy. It would be nice to have a quieter ride than what I'm used to. I drive on the more delicate side usually 65 mph on Highway and i let the car roll down to about 25 mph before breaking etc. Advice is appreciated.
IMO General AltiMAX* RT43 is the best buy with excellent reviews and good price. Many members here use it too but make sure to add 2~3 psi (36~37 psi) more than recommended tire pressure for this AltiMAX* RT43's. And make sure to get "H" rated, not "T" rated RT43's for the 225/65R17 size.

See this post for more details:

How many miles before you replaced your original tires?

Back