What have you done to your CX-5 today?

dude that sucks. But at least the metal doesn't look hurt. For the sake of keeping the money in my pocket I'd probably just patch it up and call it a day. Not like plastic gonna rust or anything.

dude that sucks. But at least the metal doesn't look hurt. For the sake of keeping the money in my pocket I'd probably just patch it up and call it a day. Not like plastic gonna rust or anything.

Yeah, I am thinking just polish up the paint, replace the trim and call it good I suppose.

We'll see.

Sorry to hear that ColoDri. Man...

Thanks man.

Same thing happened to me last year too! Guy clipped my passenger side and ran. High traffic, I tried to catch up to him but couldn't. Was a lot less damage then though.

But it's the second time someone hit me because they had s*** tires. When I got rear ended in 2015, it was a 16 year old driving a truck with absolutely bald tires and it was raining. Pisses me off that people completely disregard the only part of their car making contact with the road and don't just risk their own safety and property, but that of others.

Bought some a set of 255/40/20 NITTO 420s's. Selection in that size is limited and that tire has good reviews. People are putting it on trucks running 6's. That means they grip well which is what I need.

Very impressed so far. Grip is excellent. Also didn't realize (or cared really) the Nitto come from Japan. Was able to pick up a huge amount of oversteer (almost embarrased myself, wasn't expecting it) at a 90* turn when leaving my moms subdivision. I always hoon this turn and never whipped it like I did today (unless it was wet).

hNuiIQY.jpg

They are nice wheels. I would wait, until nlmotoring has some sale going on. I have found better deal on their Ebay store, then on their website. I have picked them up locally, I didn't even have to pay for shipping.

I have found, some stick on Mazda logo emblems on the bay and place them on top of the XXR cap.

Very impressed so far. Grip is excellent. Also didn't realize (or cared really) the Nitto come from Japan. Was able to pick up a huge amount of oversteer (almost embarrased myself, wasn't expecting it) at a 90* turn when leaving my moms subdivision. I always hoon this turn and never whipped it like I did today (unless it was wet).

hNuiIQY.jpg

Looks nice.

Full hood, partial roof, partial fender, full bumper and headlights, and mirror cap as well as piano black on the pillars getting wrapped today.

Full hood, partial roof, partial fender, full bumper and headlights, and mirror cap as well as piano black on the pillars getting wrapped today.
Good call. I still don't get why they put piano black trim on the pillars. How easy does that get scratched up. Hell run it through a car wash once.

Yeah, agreed, but that's not most people. I just don't understand an exterior piano black trim.

The reason black is used between the windows is for aesthetic purposes. It makes the vehicle look much sleeker with the glass blending in the entire length of the vehicle. This is true, especially if the glass has after market tint.

If mine get scratched or get the spider web look, I use white polishing compound, followed up with a good wax. Also I am very careful to only use the softest of cotton towels to clean off the wax. When dusting off the car with a "California" type duster mop, I am careful not to touch the black ABS plastic trim pieces.

Since the black ABS is also on the top of our center consoles and all 4 door switches, I have installed genuine stainless steel to cover those. There is no scratching those.

In the past, I have owned 2 VW, CCs, a 2009 and a 2013. Instead of using black plastic, they use metal panels that have been factory painted. There is no problem with scratching.

EPss8xu.jpg

zosg3Rg.jpg

I have found, some stick on Mazda logo emblems on the bay and place them on top of the XXR cap.

I was actually looking for Mazda center caps, but they are all too small (OEM sizing). I might just do that; put a mazda sticker instead of the XXR logo (which itself is a sticker).

Had the windows tinted and car ceramic coated. Will get PPF and a dash cam next

Good call. I still don't get why they put piano black trim on the pillars. How easy does that get scratched up. Hell run it through a car wash once.

Mine were already scratched, new from the dealership. The guys that ceramic coated my car buffed them out.

Last edited:
Back