What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Thanks!

The piping is 2.5 and the tips outlet is 4. I think the stock outlet is about 3. I bought the y pipe and tips on amazon so it saved the guy a lot of work so he only charged me $160 which was the best quote I got out of about 5 different places.
Looks and sounds great.

Can you please tell me what size outlet those tips are? Are they 4 inch/101mm outlet?

Cheers,

Foxy

https://youtu.be/FJ9VxR-2grM

Here is a cold start video without background noise.

Thanks for the vids! This sounds pretty decent for a muffler delete on a 4-cylinder engine, but that could be because it was recorded in a garage. Most of the ones I've heard were a little raspy and sounded really raw while revving, which I wouldn't want for my Sig. Any chance you could get a clip from the interior in regular traffic? Maybe a flyby clip on an open road?

Thanks for the vids! This sounds pretty decent for a muffler delete on a 4-cylinder engine, but that could be because it was recorded in a garage. Most of the ones I've heard were a little raspy and sounded really raw while revving, which I wouldn't want for my Sig. Any chance you could get a clip from the interior in regular traffic? Maybe a flyby clip on an open road?

It definitely doesn't sound raspy in person. It could be because the tips I got are double walled and act sort of like mufflers in a way. That was one of the reviews on the tips on Amazon that it ever so slightly muffles the exhaust. I'll try to see when I can get a good drive by video.

https://youtu.be/HIsnJK54ckw

Here is the drive by video. Its not the best because of the wind noise. Ill try again on a less windy day.

I got a question, all the muffler deletes I see.....aren't they technically illegal in most states? I live in MA and it is def illegal here so how do ppl even get an inspection sticker lol.

Not sure where everyone is but in Arkansas there are no inspections. You can get cited for violations of you get pulled over our someone complains. There are other states that do not require inspections, too.

I*m in California. As long as the cats are still there then it*s all good. But Even with the muffler deleted, it is not loud. I was actually kind of disappointed by how quiet it is... I was kind of expecting more.

Not sure where everyone is but in Arkansas there are no inspections. You can get cited for violations of you get pulled over our someone complains. There are other states that do not require inspections, too.

Wow, no inspections. No emissions standards?

I'm in MA where inspections are annually and the car essentially needs to be like new to pass. The smallest things fail it.

I have to imagine you get a lot of really rough running clunkers in no inspection states.

I'm in MA also, my 2015 IS250 has a axel back on it. The shop can technically fail you still for a axle back too. Technically any aftermarket exhaust is illegal here :( but unless its SUPER DUPER loud ppl and cops are usually ok.

Last edited:
Yesterday I replaced a flickering iJDMtoy LED bulb. They were installed as license plate bulbs, and I realized I hadn't documented the install and written up a guide when I first installed them, so I took the opportunity to write something up this time. I go into a bit of detail regarding how to remove the plastic covers, so hopefully those who were having trouble see this. Here's the guide:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-CX-9-License-plate-bulb-installation-upgrade

Last edited:
Gave it a quick wash. Can't wait to find some nice wheels for it next year.

attachment.php

IMG-20180729-WA0002.jpg

attachment.php

IMG-20180729-WA0003.jpg

Gave it a quick wash. Can't wait to find some nice wheels for it next year.

It already has great wheels. What are you planning, an upsize from 20"? I'd love the look of a set of 22's on the CX-9 but I just can't bring myself to sacrifice it's practicality as a family crossover. Nevermind the huge cost of 22's and their tires.

It already has great wheels. What are you planning, an upsize from 20"? I'd love the look of a set of 22's on the CX-9 but I just can't bring myself to sacrifice it's practicality as a family crossover. Nevermind the huge cost of 22's and their tires.

Yes, planning to go to 22" after seeing a few CX-9 on these boards with the same sizing. Much of the practicality would stay the same, the only difference being a slight decrease in ride quality. That said, the CX-9 already has a fairly sporty feel, so I don't think most people would even notice, my wife included.

Coming from my previous car (08 IS250 AWD), I've learned that I'm okay with sacrificing a minimal amount of ride quality to achieve the look that I want. Also, 80% of the CX-9s I see (on the road and on the boards) are also MGM with the OEM 20" wheels, so I want to make my car stand out just a bit more.

11949839013_c49c8d53df_k.jpg

11949553695_185e75af3b_k.jpg

I also went even lower with a more aggressive wheel setup before I sold it a few years ago.

Also, 80% of the CX-9s I see (on the road and on the boards) are also MGM with the OEM 20" wheels, so I want to make my car stand out just a bit more.

For the price of new wheels and tires you could get the car wrapped in some neon barbie pink color! That'd stand out!! :D

Back