US Diesel's big splash introduction

Screw the superbowl pool looking forward to winning this! Made some slight mods to vehicles for the sake of 100% clarity..but we're 1000% on!

Yep. I'm on for that.

-The signature/sn must pass community standards for profanity, vulgarity, etc.
-The length of time is until the winner is tired of looking at it and OK's the change back to whatever the loser desires.

2019 Hybrid RAV4
20xx never/whatever Diesel CX5

Whichever goes on sale and can physically be purchased at a dealership in The United States of America, not counting territories, etc. only lower 48, first.

Last edited:
We will get the high powered diesel soon. It comes with the urea injection equipment and a single tail pipe to allow for a storage tank on the opposite side. The tank is connected by pipe to the injector in the exhaust.

We will get the high powered diesel soon. It comes with the urea injection equipment and a single tail pipe to allow for a storage tank on the opposite side. The tank is connected by pipe to the injector in the exhaust.

You are saying that UK is getting urea injection?

Yes, urea injection but the tank goes in the same void as the current twin exhaust. The cut out in the bumper for the left tailpipe will have a little plastic filler panel.

So different to our recent upgrade.

So different to our recent upgrade.

Apart from you getting 190ps and us only 184ps with only 445nm instead of yours with 450nm torque, how is it different?
Are you saying the Aussie car has no piss tank, and is it not the latest euro6 version? (euro 6D temp).

Apart from you getting 190ps and us only 184ps with only 445nm instead of yours with 450nm torque, how is it different?
Are you saying the Aussie car has no piss tank, and is it not the latest euro6 version? (euro 6D temp).

Correct. We don't have that. We are Euro V and also have twin exhausts.

But our changes were as follows:

v62rh2.jpg

I've just configured the diesel via Mazda Germany which has the same power and torque figures as the UK version and here's the performance and fuel consumption figures for top spec version:

11uxkqx.jpg

Seems slower than our version as listed here:

(2thumbs)

Been digging around and found these Australian figures (2017 vs 2018):

fxbczc.jpg

As for official fuel consumption figures, here's ours for comparisons sake:

23m3f3l.jpg

Last edited:
I've just configured the diesel via Mazda Germany which has the same power and torque figures as the UK version and here's the performance and fuel consumption figures for top spec version:

11uxkqx.jpg

Seems slower than our version as listed here:

As for official fuel consumption figures, here's ours for comparisons sake:

23m3f3l.jpg

How come Aussie doesn't have Euro 6d temp? is that due after Sept 4Th when the WLTP comes into effect? That's why you have more power I believe.

How come Aussie doesn't have Euro 6d temp? is that due after Sept 4Th when the WLTP comes into effect? That's why you have more power I believe.

Because our regulations are behind. We will still get European built vehicles which are WLTP compliant. If sourced from elsewhere that don't have WLTP then we get them with no restrictions.

Agreed, a diesel 6 is nice but clearly doesn't qualify as a diesel CX5..no yeah buts..got it Seymour(cheers)

What a (nuts) that would be though!!..eh one more its Friday(cheers) <--bnb: 18watt from Singlecut..not sure if they make it up yonder 5% session sounds weak but its a 72IBU hop BOMB!..VT next week should score some goodies:)

Last edited:
What a kick in the balls that would be though!!..eh one more its Friday(cheers) <--bnb: 18watt from Singlecut..not sure if they make it up yonder 5% session 72IBU hop BOMB..VT next week should score some goodies:)

One one the perks of not having as stringent regulations as the US of A - having the Mazda 6 Twin Turbo Diesel in the market place.

Definitely and I'm all for it also just not in front of my CX5 dammit!! Esp after my high stakes wager w/unob..but with my luck..

FYI - kerb weight comparison between CX-5 Diesel & 6 Diesel:

• Mazda 6 Touring Diesel 6 sedan - 1602kg (3531.80lbs)
  • Mazda 6 GT Diesel 6 sedan - 1637kg (3608.97lbs)
  • Mazda 6 Atenza Diesel sedan - 1647kg (3631.01lbs)

• Mazda 6 Touring Diesel wagon - 1616kg (3562.67lbs)
  • Mazda 6 GT Diesel wagon - 1650kg (3637.63lbs)
  • Mazda 6 Atenza Diesel 6 wagon - 1662kg (3664.08lbs)

• Mazda CX-5 Maxx Sport AWD diesel - 1715kg (3780.93lbs)
  • Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD diesel - 1715kg (3780.93lbs)
  • Mazda CX-5 GT AWD diesel - 1751kg (3860.29lbs)
  • Mazda CX-5 Akera AWD diesel - 1751kg (3860.29lbs)

Bnb...collective arts- life in the clouds its technically an neipa but man they do a hell of job not over the top juice like many.

Back