What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Just because one want to buy a home doesn't mean they have to forego other hobbies/interests...

OVT tuning? Hehe!

Again, while waiting for my CX5, I got my car perfume. Wonder Wafer English Leather scent. Whew, the things that you do while waiting for your unit. 😂

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

I took it to it's first drive-in theater.

ef7dc0b1dc2fa26925392cc41aa91a38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I know. But he's young.... and guessing a home is more important than a faster CX5. Could be wrong tho, and will happily admit it if he states otherwise.
For right now, yeah saving for a home. Small things here and there could fit into that though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What was playing?

Wonder Woman followed by King Arthur. We enjoyed both of them. It was nice not having to worry about bottoming out on some of the holes on the big gravel lot they use for line of cars before the gates open

Wonder Woman followed by King Arthur. We enjoyed both of them. It was nice not having to worry about bottoming out on some of the holes on the big gravel lot they use for line of cars before the gates open

Nice. Girlfriend wants to see both of those. Haven't had a chance yet.

True about the bottoming out. I've gotten so used to my CX-5, it's hard to get say a rental car and learn the hard way you don't have the same clearance, LOL.

You can spend jist 1g and make some performance significant changes to the car.

So what kind of mods we talking about here? Something an amateur like me can get into?

Nice. Girlfriend wants to see both of those. Haven't had a chance yet.

True about the bottoming out. I've gotten so used to my CX-5, it's hard to get say a rental car and learn the hard way you don't have the same clearance, LOL.

So what kind of mods we talking about here? Something an amateur like me can get into?

For example, a set of h&r lowering springs can be had for about 250 new and whatever used. Those springs will still have you higher than a stock mazda 6 for example while imprving handling alot without introducing undesirable things such as stiff ride, bottoming out or rubbing. They also work well with the stock dampers. They can be installed with simple hand tools, a jack (jackstand) and a cheap spring compressor.
That one item alone would make the car more sporty and less goofy looking. The other popular item would be a rear sway bar. $200 or less depending on brand, but most likely if you are a noob at working on cars you'd have to lay for an install. It's difficult to do in a driveway with awd because you have to lower the rear subframe which is better done on a lift. The actual swap is very simple, just getting to is inconvinient. Those would be two items you could have for less than 1g assuming you paid for installation and alignment (which you meed after changing ride height). An engine tune runs about $500 for whatever octane and improves the powerband. I.e you have more horsepower everywhere instead of just at "peak". Also the speed at which the TB opens and closes during shifting is changed which gives quicker power shifiting (the lag people notice is because of an oem ecu tune emissions strategy; it happens on subies too). The degree of change in the suspension mods are higher than the ecu tune change in general ao it's a better value to upgrade suspension on a smaller budget. Wider tires and wheel are a good one too, but that will bust 1k easily.

Last edited:
For example, a set of h&r lowering springs can be had for about 250 new and whatever used. Those springs will still have you higher than a stock mazda 6 for example while imprving handling alot without inteoducing undesirable things such as stiff ride, bottoming out or rubbing. They also work well with the stock dampers. They can be instled with simple hand tools, a jack (jackstand) and a cheap spring compressor.
That one item alone would make the car more sporty and less goofy looking. The other popular item would be a rear sway bar. $200 or less depending on brand, but most likely if you are a noob at working on cars you'd have to lay for an install. Its8difficult to do in a driveway with awd necausebyou have to lower the rear subframe which is better done on a lift. The actual swap is very simple, just getting to is inconvinient. Those would be two items you could have for less than 1g assuming you paid for installation and alignment (which you meed after changing ride height). An engine tune runs about $500 for whatever octane and improves the powerband. I.e you have more horsepower everywhere instead of just at "peak". Also the speed at which the TB opens and closes during shifting is changed which gives quicker power shifiting (the lag people notice is because of an oem ecu tune emissions strategy, it happens on subies too). The degree pf change in the suspensipn mods are higher than the ecu tune change in general ao it's a better value to upgrade suspension on a smaller budget. Wider tires and wheel arebabgopd one too, but that will bust 1k easily.
Great write up. Thanks Chris! :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You have to drop the subframe for rear sway? Never had to do that for both my cars (RX7 and Audi S4). Just bolts for the ends and bolts for the brackets. Didn't even have to lift the car.

You have to drop the subframe for rear sway? Never had to do that for both my cars (RX7 and Audi S4). Just bolts for the ends and bolts for the brackets. Didn't even have to lift the car.

Yea, I've never had to do anywhere near that either. On the Evo, I removed the muffler portion of the exhaust and
and that's it. Easy peasy...on the Honda, even easier, remove nothing other than the stock sway bar you're replacing.

IMG_20170608_100614.jpg

I need to figure out where to host pics.

Anyhow front bumper, fenders, almost 1/2 of hood, and side mirrors.

Yeah I really want to at least get the front bumper done. Big, flat area that I know is going to get chips. Mind if I ask how much for all that?

On a side note, what kind of car is that parked to the right of yours? Looks amphibious.

View attachment 216857

I need to figure out where to host pics.

Anyhow front bumper, fenders, almost 1/2 of hood, and side mirrors.

If you are using google image or your phone images are synced to google photos, move them to public folder or shared folder and right click - copy image address. In the forum post box there is an insert image button. Press it and past the address. Hit ok. Boom.

Back