New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

I have headlights that turn with my steering wheel!!! When that feature first came to BMW I thought wow, that's cool AF. I will have that someday.....
I have that today. In a Mazda? Yes...In a Mazda.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wish they offered a 'tan' or something interior. All black feels like you're sitting in a dark cavern but white is just a non starter if you have a dog/kids/spend time outdoors (or wear jeans apparently ..lol) etc. Heck, even a lighter grey or something!
Exactly! Every other competitors offers at least 3 interior colors including gray. We always get gray interior with silver exterior but for our CX-5 we'd to settle for all black interior. Not only it feels too hot in Texas with black interior but also, like you said, each time we get in we feel like "sitting in a dark cavern"!

Now that you mention it, "saddle brown" would be cool in blue or red.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I play mp3 in the CD player, and USB, and from the phone, I find them all useful. Still miss the 6 x cd player in the old Xtrail.

Ha ha. I use my CD slot for my phone mount. Never used the player, now that USB and Bluetooth is an option.
Perhaps rip your CD collection and put it on a USB? A bit of one-time work ripping songs, but then much less hassle switching CDs.
Once you start buying the mp3 songs digitally, you will never use CDs again.

My only issue is that Spotify doesn't have the same integration as ITunes/IMusic. It would be nice if they included it as a native app like their silly pandora or whatever it is they use now

I REALLY don't want to go "there" again. But other then AA / ACP what feature does the new CX5 lack? In as few words as possible. LOL

In the UK no sport mode for the auto, no camera surround view, no self parking, no adjustable view on the rear view camera, only six gears in the auto, and now the diesel power lags behind the competition.

No. Only Rogue has that afaik.

Exhibit #237 for yrwei's approach:
Exactly! Every other competitors offers at least 3 interior colors including gray. We always get gray interior with silver exterior but for our CX-5 we'd to settle for all black interior. Not only it feels too hot in Texas with black interior but also, like you said, each time we get in we feel like "sitting in a dark cavern"!

Now that you mention it, "saddle brown" would be cool in blue or red.

Tell me about it...montego blue on terracotta brown leather aka monterra:(

Ok kev and Mazda is definitely not the worst with color combo choice imo (i do like darker interiors) but how cool would it be if they allowed customers to special order their colors-even for a fee.

Last edited:
I personally LOVE the look of the 17 CX5, looks so much more polished and with the times and looks richer and more expensive than it is. Very sharp compared to 1st gen.
I hate the lack of new features compared to CRV 2017.
I'd love to have all the 2017 crv features/mpg/space in the 2nd gen cx5 body

Just get a CRV. Better MPG, Turbo(more power), higher resale, better reliability, AA/Android Auto, more interior space/leg room, more padding in seats, digital tachometer, extended warranties are cheap(8 years/100k miles under 1k). I don't regret mine at all.

Last edited:
Just get a CRV. Better MPG, Turbo(more power), higher resale, better reliability, AA/Android Auto, more interior space/leg room, more padding in seats, digital tachometer, extended warranties are cheap(8 years/100k miles under 1k). I don't regret mine at all.
Does the CRV have a CD player?

And it's only 5 grand more then a fully loaded GT! Such a deal.

I personally LOVE the look of the 17 CX5, looks so much more polished and with the times and looks richer and more expensive than it is. Very sharp compared to 1st gen.
I hate the lack of new features compared to CRV 2017.
I'd love to have all the 2017 crv features/mpg/space in the 2nd gen cx5 body

Agreed, same here, CX-5 exterior looks better but CR-V interior/features are better
but CR-V exterior looks like a soccer mom's car (all that chrome looks cheap)
BOTH have UGLY wheels

Jaguar F-pace beats both but starts at $41K so not even the same class....but still a nice car....

Last edited:
Agreed, same here, CX-5 exterior looks better but CR-V interior/features are better
but CR-V exterior looks like a soccer mom's car (all that chrome looks cheap)
BOTH have UGLY wheels

And this looks better than both of them :)

Just look at that swoop!

15_cx5_360_1600x900_soulred_black_03.ts.1505141737028130.jpg

Get a Jaguar if you want to learn about depreciation as a concept. Will be 20k in 2 years

Wheels swap out pretty easily I hear but I do like the swoop and the no chrome. Jag is pretty sweet, lease only, still won't be cheap- if i splash that kind of cash go big or go home- f-type with cx5 on side.

Last edited:
How's that crapple CarPlay working for you, Mango con mierda?

Back