1+ Billion Lotto Jackpot

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Before driving that Lambo out the garage or taking the G6 to Dubai just remember that CX-5 that took you to the gas station where you purchased your winning lotto ticket. How would you show that CX-5 some love?

I thought about it. I'd personally keep our CX-5 bone stock. Sort of helps me stay grounded. I can finally get it an excellent sound system. Maybe even some brand new tires.

The wife will probably get something new and the CX 5 will become my new beater. (whistle)

I'll pay off the CX-5, and give it to a family in need. Then daddy is headed to the Aston Martin dealer! (breakn)

It's currently at 1.5 billion. Cash payout would probably be about 900million. Subtract 40% Federal and maybe state (depending on where you reside). Still a nice chunk of change.
If there's a winner I hope it's either a very large pool or lots of individual winners. Common folk cannot handle that much money. There lives would be changed forever and probably not for the better.

I'd definitely keep the CX-5 for a nice daily driver. I'm thinking a 2016 Jaguar F-Type-R AWD, 2016 Audi S8-Plus, 2016 Ford Mustang GT-350R, 2017 Ford Raptor Ecobeast, and probably a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata 6-speed 'vert.

My wife would keep it, although I'd probably get the Roof rail and rims powder-coated black.

Me? Loaded M6 in lava orange, with everything else blacked out. Probably Luis Vuitton seat upholstery just because...and a house in Vail or Aspen.

I'd be upgrading to a Jaguar F-Type convertible, maybe even two... CX -5 would be traded for the redesigned 2016 CX-9.

Wouldn't you guys want to keep "copies" so to speak of all the memorable cars you guys had in the past? I'd keep our CX-5 and Mazda6. In my stable would include restored and pristine: 1991 Honda CRX Si, 1987 Mitsubishi Starion Turbo, 2001 E46 BMW M3.

Wouldn't you guys want to keep "copies" so to speak of all the memorable cars you guys had in the past? I'd keep our CX-5 and Mazda6. In my stable would include restored and pristine: 1991 Honda CRX Si, 1987 Mitsubishi Starion Turbo, 2001 E46 BMW M3.
I had a sweet 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo with a 400 small block, rally wheels, mello dual exhausts...I'd make an effort to try and find that one and buy it back. No...it wasn't turbod.

Before driving that Lambo out the garage or taking the G6 to Dubai just remember that CX-5 that took you to the gas station where you purchased your winning lotto ticket. How would you show that CX-5 some love?

I thought about it. I'd personally keep our CX-5 bone stock. Sort of helps me stay grounded. I can finally get it an excellent sound system. Maybe even some brand new tires.

(confused) No....you Won't.

at 800 MILLION ( uncle sam) I'm getting every fantasy car I've ever dreamt of!...Why? because multimillionaire (dance)

I gurantee everyone saying they'd keep their CX 9 or whatever will be surely "upgrading"....

"tires and sound system"......think big

Last edited:

Not sure. Granted I had a blast with my 3000 GT VR4, I don't think I'd want to deal with the maintenance upkeep again, despite having unlimited $$.

I've always wanted a 911, but at this point I'd probably just pay off the CX5 and add a new Miata to the family.

(confused) No....you Won't.

at 800 MILLION ( uncle sam) I'm getting every fantasy car I've ever dreamt of!...Why? because multimillionaire (dance)

I gurantee everyone saying they'd keep their CX 9 or whatever will be surely "upgrading"....

"tires and sound system"......think big

Something tells me you'd have 100+ of the most exotic cars in the world and you still wouldn't be satisfied lol. At some point going retro is the way to go.

I had a sweet 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo with a 400 small block, rally wheels, mello dual exhausts...I'd make an effort to try and find that one and buy it back. No...it wasn't turbod.
Folks with the financial means do that all the time. History man its priceless. Hand that bad boy down to your grandchildren.

Not sure. Granted I had a blast with my 3000 GT VR4, I don't think I'd want to deal with the maintenance upkeep again, despite having unlimited $$.

I've always wanted a 911, but at this point I'd probably just pay off the CX5 and add a new Miata to the family.

The 3000 GT VR4 wouldn't be a daily driver then. Sitting there looking pretty in your "car warehouse" :)

The 3000 GT VR4 wouldn't be a daily driver then. Sitting there looking pretty in your "car warehouse" :)

That pretty much sums up the last few years of ownership.... with a failing tranny, rotted out line running to the oil cooler, and a new home purchase it was merely a decoration. :'(

Last edited:
My CX would get traded in faster than a fat kid is out in dodgeball. Not that I don't like the car, but if I had that type of bank account I would be driving something different where I didn't care of the price of maintenance.

That pretty much sums up the last few years of ownership.... with a failing tranny, rotted out line running to the oil cooler, and a new home purchase it was merely a decoration. :'(

Oh I see. In my home city of San Diego in La Jolla near the shore are some shops. You can stroll by in some shorts and walk past an ice cream shop, then a small mom-pops bicycle shop, a pet store, and next to that is a Ferrari store. All in the same plaza. That would cheer you up.

My CX would get traded in faster than a fat kid is out in dodgeball. Not that I don't like the car, but if I had that type of bank account I would be driving something different where I didn't care of the price of maintenance.

Well Russian Kid, having over 500 million after taxes in your account chances are you would have drivers/pilots 24/7 anyways. I'd personally do what this NFL player did, restore his old car. Multi-Millionaire and still drives his 1991 Mazda 626 daily. http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...ted-with-his-refurbished-mazda-bentley-215807

Last edited:
Back