The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I got promoted at work last Friday. I get the tag "Manager" on my business cards now. :D

Congrats!

So instead of being William H. Macy, you are now the guy watching t.v.?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E5gwc4UizUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Congrats!

So instead of being William H. Macy, you are now the guy watching t.v.?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E5gwc4UizUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep. Got tickets to the Gophers game too, you betcha.

Can't wait to leave for vacation tomorrow. I want to take the MSP, but with a mind of its' own front caliper and April not feeling comfortable driving manual in the hills I'm pretty sure we'll be taking the 2.

Might be making a late notice Corey invitational for Aug 30th. AutoX for me this year has been a major disappointment not having the Pikachu done and not having the funding to work on her.

Anybody else take advantage of the tax free shopping this weekend? Worked out nice with Amber starting her job today and needing clothes for work.

Anybody else take advantage of the tax free shopping this weekend? Worked out nice with Amber starting her job today and needing clothes for work.

Not really, as the idea of selective tax free is bulls***. I did buy a Roku3 (not tax free) and a car seat (not tax free), but that was mostly on a whim, and not related to the tax free weekend.

I wish I did as I need to buy a new suit, but I was unmotivated yesterday.
Probably wouldn't have been covered. $75 was the max an item could cost.
Not really, as the idea of selective tax free is bulls***. I did buy a Roku3 (not tax free) and a car seat (not tax free), but that was mostly on a whim, and not related to the tax free weekend.

I completely agree and would rather just see a lower sales tax year round than one weekend of none. But I'm cheap so I looked at it as everything was an extra 7.5% off

Sooo... gas prices up $0.50/gal down here in the past two days. Howabout everyone else? Really glad my daily commute is about 10 miles.

Sooo... gas prices up $0.50/gal down here in the past two days. Howabout everyone else? Really glad my daily commute is about 10 miles.

Same here, and of course I need to make my once a month trip to the pump.

Anyone need 15" VW wheels and tires off of a '15 sportwagen? Co-worker is trying to sell them so he has some money for an APR tune I may or may not have talked him into.

Yep, over $3.00 a gallon for premium. News said some big piece of equipment at a refinery in Indiana caused the sudden surge. Said 4-5 weeks before prices come back down.

I never understood why prices go up every time something happens. It's like, "Hey, we screwed up and now YOU have to pay for it."

Yep, over $3.00 a gallon for premium. News said some big piece of equipment at a refinery in Indiana caused the sudden surge. Said 4-5 weeks before prices come back down.

I never understood why prices go up every time something happens. It's like, "Hey, we screwed up and now YOU have to pay for it."

We're at $2.99/gal for REGULAR. Yeah, some refinery in IN near Chicago is down to ~1/2 yield. Something about it being the largest refinery in the Mid-West and 7th-largest in the country. Seems awfully convenient something "breaks" as soon as talks of sub-$2/gal gas start. No, I doubt it's anything that sinister. My biggest complaint about gas prices is that prices always rise faster than they fall, which is not true of every other commodity out there. If the price fluctuated down as much as it did up I'd have little complaint. I also think stations should only be able to adjust prices when they receive new shipments. This would reward the most competitive stations in more ways than one.

Over $3? Highest I saw was $2.94 over here. Costco had it for $2.87 (87).

We're at $2.99/gal for REGULAR. Yeah, some refinery in IN near Chicago is down to ~1/2 yield. Something about it being the largest refinery in the Mid-West and 7th-largest in the country. Seems awfully convenient something "breaks" as soon as talks of sub-$2/gal gas start. No, I doubt it's anything that sinister. My biggest complaint about gas prices is that prices always rise faster than they fall, which is not true of every other commodity out there. If the price fluctuated down as much as it did up I'd have little complaint. I also think stations should only be able to adjust prices when they receive new shipments. This would reward the most competitive stations in more ways than one.

+1

Oil hits lowest in 6ish years, gas goes up...

Over $3? Highest I saw was $2.94 over here. Costco had it for $2.87 (87).

+1

Oil hits lowest in 6ish years, gas goes up...

I understand more goes into the price than just the cost/barrel (e.g. taxes) but it doesn't make sense that a commodity's price can only jump in one direction. Look at gold, silver, etc. That stuff jumps all over the place.

Yea, I haven't filled up the RX7 in over a month (only drive it once a week) and I'm due. I dread that fill up with these gas prices.

Nate, did you ever make it to the auto cross yesterday?

Nope. Completely forgot about it but I need to do my brakes before I do any spirited driving. I've put them off for way too long. I'm tempted to start calling places to see if they'll do them with parts provided and what they'll charge.

Back