Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

I had my 60k mile service the other day and went to talk to them about this and they would not even look at it because my Note 2 is not on the list of compatible phones. Anyone else had a dealership tell them that?

No way!

I had my 60k mile service the other day and went to talk to them about this and they would not even look at it because my Note 2 is not on the list of compatible phones. Anyone else had a dealership tell them that?

That is pure BS! The "fix" also is for slow USB and USB playback always starting on the 1st track!

My dealer never asked me what phone....(and they needed a prod from Mazda USA as well)

And what are you supposed to do if you do get another phone?

Borrow a friend's phone (on the list ) and take it back! If need be, call Mazda USA!

My Phone is the HTC One M8, which is on the list. But, mine is the 6525LVW which is NOT on the list, even though the 6525 is on the list. It's kind of one of those read the fine print!! Disappointing, but I'll get over it. I might have to make sure my next vehicle is equipped with Android-Auto.

Their approved list is BS. The Galaxy S5 is listed as fully compatible with AT&T, but not at all with Sprint. That is just nonsense and a poor excuse to avoid taking responsibility for the issues.

Regarding the bluetooth functionality and phones not being compatible: For bluetooth there are a couple of standards, bluetooth version 4.0 and bluetooth le version 4.0 are currently the latest production ones. These versions are backwards compatible with older versions the issues with phones are moot and indeed another sign how rigid things are at Mazda. I will never ever purchase a Mazda again, not because of these "small" issues but the way they "treat" their customer (mistreat could be the better word). The dealership I am with are good people, they can fix anything technical with the car, it needs however a company that invents and is dynamic. They sell themselves as being youthful and focusing on the "younger adults". Now regarding to functionalities in phones between the operating system and bluetooth, that is a different story. I also know iOS 8.2 had big issues with BT but with 8.3 it has greatly improved and I do receive SMS messages on my head unit. Android LP (5.02 and up) are highly compatible with this head unit. Regarding Android Auto, that does require you to replace the head unit or purchase a Hyundai. These things will show up, the customer demands them, the rigidity with Mazda might however drive customers away.

I'm hoping to get this done but I'm trying to determine if it will resolve an issue I have. When I connect my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.2) via USB, and try to use the iPod playback feature it get an "iPod Error" on the screen. I know I can use BT for this, but I want to charge my phone anyways so I leave it plugged in by USB and it seems natural that playback via USB would be faster and more reliable than BT. I'm just trying to determine if my issues are seen by anyone else and if this replacement module will correct the issue?

Cheers!

Had my module replaced last week using TSB 09-15-13 for Canada, the new software version is 7.0. Surprisingly my dealer know about the TSB but yet didn't do the module replacement the first time I came so I have to give them the US TSB and the 1800 # and ask them to call. The tech said he will contact Mazda Canada to find out. I got a call from the dealer few days later that they have the module and I can come back to get it replace, I also wrote to Mazda Canada from their website about how inconsistent of them to pass the TSB info to dealer and me as the customer has to show the dealer what to do.

So far my Galaxy S5 works fine with re-pairing of the phone and the USB resume where the song last play, the shuffle mode however no longer there after the car is off so I have to enable it every time but I can live with that.

Had my module replaced last week using TSB 09-15-13 for Canada, the new software version is 7.0. Surprisingly my dealer know about the TSB but yet didn't do the module replacement the first time I came so I have to give them the US TSB and the 1800 # and ask them to call. The tech said he will contact Mazda Canada to find out. I got a call from the dealer few days later that they have the module and I can come back to get it replace, I also wrote to Mazda Canada from their website about how inconsistent of them to pass the TSB info to dealer and me as the customer has to show the dealer what to do.

So far my Galaxy S5 works fine with re-pairing of the phone and the USB resume where the song last play, the shuffle mode however no longer there after the car is off so I have to enable it every time but I can live with that.

So tdman, did your S5 before the update not read back texts, but does now?

I'm hoping to get this done but I'm trying to determine if it will resolve an issue I have. When I connect my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.2) via USB, and try to use the iPod playback feature it get an "iPod Error" on the screen. I know I can use BT for this, but I want to charge my phone anyways so I leave it plugged in by USB and it seems natural that playback via USB would be faster and more reliable than BT. I'm just trying to determine if my issues are seen by anyone else and if this replacement module will correct the issue?Cheers!

Yes, I used to get this even with my iPhone 6. It's been 2 weeks since the fix and it works perfectly.

Wierd Stuff...

Yes, I used to get this even with my iPhone 6. It's been 2 weeks since the fix and it works perfectly.

Here we go again! My 2 Android phones WERE working just fine with the USB fix...1) LG P-840 w/ Jelly Bean 4.2...2) Moto G 2nd gen with KitKat 4.4.

Ever since the Moto G upgraded to Lollipop 5.2, The CX-5 will not recognize it any more!
Phone still thinks it is paired...CX-5...NO!
Sux!(uhm)

Fixed it!

Here we go again! My 2 Android phones WERE working just fine with the USB fix...1) LG P-840 w/ Jelly Bean 4.2...2) Moto G 2nd gen with KitKat 4.4.

Ever since the Moto G upgraded to Lollipop 5.2, The CX-5 will not recognize it any more!
Phone still thinks it is paired...CX-5...NO!
Sux!(uhm)

Well, it is now working again. Had to reset the CX-5 BT system AND tell the Moto G to "forget" the Mazda pair...Magically it re-paired!(cheers)

NOW, I find it interesting that neither of my phones appear on the "approved" list but work anyway!!!

Just skimming this thread ... but my odd issue after having the CX-5 for a mere 4 days and using a MotoG with 4.4 is that if I have a group text that I sent from the phone, The CX-5 will pair with the phone ... but will NOT import the texts ... until I delete the group text.

Wow, so you left your perfectly fine car at a dealer for 3 days waiting to get a part that doesn't affect the drive-ability of it?
Crazy. :)

Dealers get reimbursed by Mazda for this. One reason why I hate dropping the car off there, they're in no rush for even minor fixes.

I still haven't had the fix done, but what you can do is start the car and then plug the phone in. It will go BT instead of ipod and also charge that way.

Just skimming this thread ... but my odd issue after having the CX-5 for a mere 4 days and using a MotoG with 4.4 is that if I have a group text that I sent from the phone, The CX-5 will pair with the phone ... but will NOT import the texts ... until I delete the group text.

i have the moto g 2nd generation with the old bt module, everything works great except for the usb first track starting issue. msg downloading/sending works fine but my previous samsung phone wouldn't work at all.

Back