What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed the "low profile headrests from the group buy. Fit great and look better. Thanks to Fendyman for organizing the buy!

Installed the "low profile headrests from the group buy. Fit great and look better. Thanks to Fendyman for organizing the buy!

I'll second that, mine just showed up. My thanks to Fendyman also.

Custom installed my JL Audio RBC-1 remote bass controller into the left side instrument cluster. This helps level the low end between different music genres (I listen to a little bit of everything)
vyruvare.jpg
5ugypa3u.jpg

Washed with armor all carnauba and used megan x swirl with the 6 speed (I used 1 and 2)polisher #69474 I got from harbor freight on sale for $45, incl + 2 different hardness pads. It got dark on me but I could tell the difference easily where there ere heavy swirl/swipe marks from taking it to carwashes. Honestly it's cheaper to just do it myself and I'm not ******* up the paint (at least nowhere as bad as a car wash/"hand carwash" with a dirty brush raping my paint). The polisher is the first I've used and a lot of the more expirenced guys gave me a lot of hell for it, but I think it was worth the $45. It's solid, comes with full assembly instructions in case it needs to be disassembled for lube or repair w/e. Took me a while to get used to how to move it though (lots of curves on this car). Also, I am disappointed in how soft the plastic on the front bumper is. It's full of knicks in the plastic, and specs of paint gone, also the hood too. A clear bra is worthwhile investment for this car because the paint is weak. All I need to do is the roof because I ran out of time then going to polish it with Turtle Wax and the soft pad.
armor-all-ultra-shine-wash-wax-1888-ml.jpg
meguiars-swirlx-228x228.jpg
image_20776.jpg
turtlewax2.jpg

Installed my trailer harness today using Howlin4you's parts list and general method. I piggybacked the connector on top of the hitch for a clean OEM look. Thanks for the info!
e8yzyte5.jpg

Installed my trailer harness today using Howlin4you's parts list and general method. I piggybacked the connector on top of the hitch for a clean OEM look. Thanks for the info!
[]
What's that you are towing?

In the picture- nothing. It's just an old Reese hitch cover over the ball. I had it and the 2" receiver left over when we had a Ford Escape V6. But I have a 10' trailer I use to tow my Yamaha Roadstar Warrior 1700cc Vtwin.
a5ybe4en.jpg

Heh my prior car was a v6 2007 ford escape in orange. was peppy but also mediocre and everywhere

Heh my prior car was a v6 2007 ford escape in orange. was peppy but also mediocre and everywhere

Yeah, the V6 had decent power but everything else definitely seems prehistoric in comparison to the CX-5. Over 120k I replaced both front wheel bearings, both sway bar links, brakes, and tires. Pretty reliable SUV all things considered. It was my wife's car and she traded it in last year for a 2011 CX-7 and she loves it and hasn't looked back. (drive)

Yeah, the V6 had decent power but everything else definitely seems prehistoric in comparison to the CX-5. Over 120k I replaced both front wheel bearings, both sway bar links, brakes, and tires. Pretty reliable SUV all things considered. It was my wife's car and she traded it in last year for a 2011 CX-7 and she loves it and hasn't looked back. (drive)
the turbo?

Just dropped the car off for a speed sensor cel. abs/tcs/tcpm kept coming out sporadically after the cel was on.

Buffed out the wax I applied yesterday, and treated all the external plastic. Finally received the title from the dealer so got that taken care of today.

Latest posts

Back