What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Started installing new door speakers. Managed to finish the driver's door. I'm installing Infinity Primus PR6500CS speakers, front and back.
Dash speakers, were replaced a while ago, with Polk Audio 3.5" speakers.

Started installing new door speakers. Managed to finish the driver's door. I'm installing Infinity Primus PR6500CS speakers, front and back.
Dash speakers, were replaced a while ago, with Polk Audio 3.5" speakers.

Nice, that would be a good time to add bit's of soft material at places where it looks like a rattle could occur.

Any TSB for the mirror shake and hood? Been waiting for a TSB or something to bring it in... Kind of annoying.

Dealer seemed skeptical when I told them about it, said that the 2014's had fixed that issue.

Looking at my invoice it says, "Performed Technical Service Bulletin 09-002/13, Replace Driver Side Mirror Assembly," hope that helps.

I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call and tell them about the issue and see if they are proactive about fixing it.

I took my 2014.5 in yesterday for the same issue and my 7500 mile service. They said there was a TSB and they're ordering the parts for both the mirror and hood.

My driver side mirror has the same issue. I took it in last week to have it "fixed" for the 3rd time. It's about 90% better from day 1.. Sadly it's still shaking.

You'd think they would have parts on hand if there's a TSB. Go figure.
There are literally thousands of TSBs on the books for various Mazda cars and trucks. You expect a dealer to stock the necessary parts for all such repairs on the off chance that they may someday need them? That's not how it works Lucky.

There are literally thousands of TSBs on the books for various Mazda cars and trucks. You expect a dealer to stock the necessary parts for all such repairs on the off chance that they may someday need them? That's not how it works Lucky.
Okay. Sorry for my ignorance.

Scotchguarded the interior and applied carnuba wax to the new Soul red paint......looks so good under the lights at night.

Whaddya know? Debadged today also. One of the easiest things I've ever done. In fact, I used a curved "shoe horn" style George Foreman grill scraper to do the job. Once halfway under the letter or emblem, they pop right up. Most of the adhesive comes off with the letters. The SkyActiv logo left the whole patch, but it peeled off in one piece with slow pulling and a finger/thumb grip.

Folks, be careful if you have the AWD logo, though. They aren't stuck on very solidly but the three letters are connected, so make sure you get under at least two of them before prying, unless you don't care about breaking it. ;)

Had the windows tinted at the dealership yesterday as a freebie and gave the car a wash today :)

Attachments

• WP_20140403_16_42_44_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140403_16_42_44_Pro.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 228
  • WP_20140403_16_41_20_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140403_16_41_20_Pro.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 209
  • WP_20140405_16_07_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140405_16_07_36_Pro.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 211
Foam party! I didn't get the mixture right the first time, this was my second attempt. Hoping to get it right the next time. Using a MTM Hydro Cannon with a Greenworks pressure washer, and Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II.

uMU2XFC.jpg

Installed a screen protector on the nav/audio system, cut a piece of black carpet to fit over the dead pedal foot rest area to protect the floor board carpet. Next is a trailer hitch.

Give her a bath and polished her up. Spring might just be here! Noticed a I need a rear bumper protector. It's been to cold to stick one on.

Filled her up (calculated 26 mpg!) and gave her a bath for the first time! Finally, a proper photo.

Pried out the center speaker grille cover and surrounded it's underside edges with felt padding. That should take care of it's occasional buzzing.

Also thoroughly cleaned the interior, and finally removed the winter snow-removal gadgets. Which of course means we'll have an April snowstorm now, lol ;)

Back