What have you done to your MS3 today?

took it to the track for the first time. huge s*** eating grin on my face all day! can't wait to go back...

[ IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1373/5106788290_b847789147_z.jpg[/IMG]

[ IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1086/5106191723_ec18e42b90_z.jpg[/IMG]

Very cool.. I am dying to go to a track day.

Very cool.. I am dying to go to a track day.

i highly recommend it. i went to thunderhill raceway, a three mile track. first time i got to push the car to it's limits, stuff you just can't safely do on public roads. it was better than sex. ok... maybe not that good, but really fun!

Thunderhill.jpg

Oil change and seafoam triple threat (crankcase, vacuum, fuel tank)

Did something stooooopid when I was adding oil. The funnel shifted on me and I poured a significant amount on the valve cover, which got around the coilover plug, and down the engine mount, and belt. Punched myself in the face. I can live with it being on the cover a little because it'll burn off eventually but I used an entire can of brākleen on everything to try to clean the belt off

Oh and I went to the local subie dealer to check out a wrx or sti but they didn't have any on the lot. Its funny cuz I talked to the (hot ass chick) dealer and told her I was looking for the hatch style, to which she said was the least sought after body. Perhaps that means an easier haggle for me? Good thing I found out how invaluable a hatch can be

Last edited:
Went to do a clean on the motor for the first time..and what do ya know.. my Mazda emblem on the intercooler shroud was melted and coming off!!! WTF!! After the clean and scrub with simple green, I blew everything off with my vac and then put some dressing on the entire motor to try and combat the corrosion process from the salt this coming winter...I hope its a mild winter this year!!

After coming to this conclusion, I took off my wheel, got that bolt loose (after putting the power of God behind the wrench and prying on it with my feet, but now I can't get the shock to turn left or right...it is like it is seized or rusted or something. I tried everything imagineable, even taking it out and prying on it and standing on wrenches trying to get leverage. So I have the bottom nut completely loose and letting the shock just sit there while I drive it this week, and see if the bouncing up and down will work it free so that I can adjust it. These rear shocks have given me a damn headache.
Have you tried PB Blaster yet? that stuff is amazing... Walmart should have it...I always use anti seize on threaded parts especially coilovers that are subjected to rain and snow/salt!!
I just sent you a PM on the other forum about how you like the BC's too!!

^^I replied to your pm btw.

Yes, I tried 3 or 4 times with PB blaster, and it will NOT budge. I have tried everything short of a torch (which I do not have). But I just tightened the bolt back up and I am going to just live with it.

Oh and I went to the local subie dealer to check out a wrx or sti but they didn't have any on the lot. Its funny cuz I talked to the (hot ass chick) dealer and told her I was looking for the hatch style, to which she said was the least sought after body. Perhaps that means an easier haggle for me? Good thing I found out how invaluable a hatch can be

That was my first choice for a new car, but they are a pita to find.

Broke it!!!! :( Had to run a banking errand for my Mom. Pulled into a parking space that had a ridiculously high parking curb. Took the whole d@mned oil filter and sandwich connector off!! (pissed). Six quarts of oil on the ground. (pissed) Had to have it towed (of course). Pretty sure the spin-on conversion platform is toast. Hope the mounting bolts survived. I should know tomorrow.

May wind up having it towed home, so I can order a new spin-on converter.

^ ouch! hope you get it back in one piece soon. I'm sure you'll be more selective about your parking spots from now on...

Installed a set of 35w 3000k HID fogs from DDM. Very nice!
A lot more white in apperance than I thought they would be. They produce really yellow light, but they appear to be white with a slight tinge of yellow.

Been gone for a while so I thought I'd stop by

Still have the car minus all the mods...... Just crossed over 24k miles and did an oil change recently.

Debating wether or not to prep the car for D-stock and trying to be competitive with the Minis and Integras

Been gone for a while so I thought I'd stop by

Still have the car minus all the mods...... Just crossed over 24k miles and did an oil change recently.

Debating wether or not to prep the car for D-stock and trying to be competitive with the Minis and Integras

Glad you're still with us! I, for some reason, thought you ditched the MS3 for a Cobalt SS.

Glad you're still with us! I, for some reason, thought you ditched the MS3 for a Cobalt SS.

I was considering turning it into a D-stock car but after test driving it I would hate it as a daily driver. Interior quality is terrible. Also went and looked at a 2011 WRX but cannot get a good enough price and do not want to have to deal with selling my car outright at the moment. To much going on.

Broke it!!!! :( Had to run a banking errand for my Mom. Pulled into a parking space that had a ridiculously high parking curb. Took the whole d@mned oil filter and sandwich connector off!! (pissed). Six quarts of oil on the ground. (pissed) Had to have it towed (of course). Pretty sure the spin-on conversion platform is toast. Hope the mounting bolts survived. I should know tomorrow.

May wind up having it towed home, so I can order a new spin-on converter.

Holy cow, the filter is like 2-3 feet deep from the bumper. How did you not damage any body panels?

Holy cow, the filter is like 2-3 feet deep from the bumper. How did you not damage any body panels?
These parking curbs are shorter than the track on my car. I was able to straddle the d@mn thing. Fortunately, that was the last time I'll have to personally visit that branch. Hate than CU anyway. To add insult to injury, the spin-on conversion I paid $50 for is now $80. Aaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh! (rolleyes)

anybody know where i can get a nice tow hook? the only one i've found is on ebay and it turns out that it doesn't actually fit the MS3... only the base 3.

Back