What have you done to your MS3 today?

Was driving home and stopped at a light. ( The light is the entrance to a canyon runish sorta place ) and I saw a bunch of gtis and cobalts caravan out of the street... as they were making a left in front of me every single one stared at my car lol. I felt really badass. :D

Long trip to and from whogivesashit NJ, made better by the 80mph average speed I was going and that I was getting 25mpg doing it

My daily commutes only yeild me about 20-21mpg

Long trip to and from whogivesashit NJ, made better by the 80mph average speed I was going and that I was getting 25mpg doing it

My daily commutes only yeild me about 20-21mpg

I got 31mpg going through Nebraska at 80mph, though that was the straightest, flattest, most boring bit of landscape anyone could ever go through.

Yea I didn't set the cruise, it was relatively cool, and I had many occasional bursts of speed to get around/away from ppl

But I tell you...around 75 and 80 is a sweet spot for torque in 6th, I never downshifted

Yea I didn't set the cruise, it was relatively cool, and I had many occasional bursts of speed to get around/away from ppl

But I tell you...around 75 and 80 is a sweet spot for torque in 6th, I never downshifted

track day coming up next week... thought about trying again to install my test pipe. just thought about it, that's all.

FINALLY fixed my damn car problems after I haven't hit boost in over a month and a half. Installed my new front 02 sensor this weekend, and then I traded my cobb ap for a hypertech, and I installed the new hypertech tune with cobb intake tune after that. Car seems like its back to normal, finally. Now, if I can just get my right rear shock fixed on my bc coilovers.

Anyone interested in buying my 18x8.5" +48 blue ice powdercoated rota svn's with 235/40/18 falken rt615s with brand new mazda oem TPMS installed?? I am posting them for sale on Wednesday, welllll below price of what I paid so I can get them gone. I am getting married in December, and I have a lot of things to pay for, and this is my only way to be able to afford everything I need to do :(. I am 24 and just bought a home, so I gotta change priorities. It BLOWS seeing my oem wheels back on the car...ughhhhhh.

well since I have owned them, I have not figured out for the life of me how to PROPERLY adjust the rear shock. I am not talking about the allen wrench in the top adjusting stiffness, I am talking about adjusting the actual dampening. The shock is mounted on a threaded shaft. The body of the shock sits on this shaft, and then there is a hex nut that you lock down after you adjust the shock up and down. I have the rear springs maxed with 1 collar removed, but I can't figure out how far down I need to bring the shock, whether I need to take it as low as it can go, or do I keep it halfway, or all the way up, etc. Well my car has been riding like it has a slight lean to the driver's side, and so I figured that my shocks aren't adjusted evenly. Its been like this for a while, and for the longest time, I figured I just had the driver side front coilover lower than passenger. Well I am almost 100% positive it is my right rear shock that is adjusted higher than the left rear (will this make the car feel like it is leaning to the left a hair?). After coming to this conclusion, I took off my wheel, got that bolt loose (after putting the power of God behind the wrench and prying on it with my feet, but now I can't get the shock to turn left or right...it is like it is seized or rusted or something. I tried everything imagineable, even taking it out and prying on it and standing on wrenches trying to get leverage. So I have the bottom nut completely loose and letting the shock just sit there while I drive it this week, and see if the bouncing up and down will work it free so that I can adjust it. These rear shocks have given me a damn headache.

Wanted to start out by saying i havent went through all 540 pages and read each one these past 2 or 3 weeks while at work, has been fun seeing all the mods to the cars. As for what ive done today, nothign yet but once i get off work i will be putting air in the tires, the tmps light came on, and filling her up with gas.

6th gear is pretty awesome, especially now with the HT.

devils own stage 2 meth kit...75/25 mix and more advanced tune to come in the next few days...muahaha

Got accustomed to the power again, want another mod. Sucks to have a fwd and the additional power can still only be utilized in the latter gears

Kinda like the old joke about supras, but in the 0-60 form:
What's the difference between a 300hp supra and a 1000hp supra? Nothing, they both do the 1/4 mile in 13 seconds

What's the difference between a 400 hp ms3 and a 263 hp ms3? Nothing, they both go 0-60 in 5 seconds

Philosophical rant: I guess its a good thing I have a fwd with some power, because I actually only use that power in top gears for things like highway passing and merging onto fast speed roads. I don't track her, I don't try to beat anything from a standstill, and I need something that gets used like a minivan but doesn't look like one. I use the car for hauling and commuting, I use the power in 3rd and 4th gear going straight. So what's my next car gonna be?

Oh well, maybe ill be blessed with some money by the bank (wife) and get myself a downpipe, or a turboback

Last edited:
Well in my latest case, it was "I need a bed cover, rhino liner, step rails, and backup camera for the new truck"....and I had to borrow some money from my parents and dip into my private stash of cash to get the hypertech price down enough so I could use the crediit card on it and she wouldn't s***

And for those who think I'm b**** whipped....its cheap'r to keep'r

took it to the track for the first time. huge s*** eating grin on my face all day! can't wait to go back...

5106788290_b847789147_z.jpg

5106191723_ec18e42b90_z.jpg

Back