Rx-8 rims on CX-9?

:
2008 CX-9
I'm looking for some OEM wheels to put snow tires on. I have seen quite a few 18" RX-8 wheels for sale. From what I can gather they are the same offset and are 18x8. I saw somebody on edmunds say they were running RX-8 rims for winter wheels on their CX-9. Is their anything to be concerned about with running these wheels on a CX-9? Are the TPMS the same?

I would be concerned with weight. Are you sure the lightweight RX-8 wheels can handle the 4300 lbs weight of a CX-9?

you shouldn't have any problems with the RX8 wheels.. Personally I am looking to upgrade my stock 20s to some Volks in 20s as well with a wider 275 series tires on all 4 corners.

I'm pretty sure they are roughly the same size as the Mazda 6 wheels, and the 6 wheels don't fit. The brake disc is too large.

Well it's a mute point now. I found a set of take-off 18" CX-9 wheels, tires and tpms on ebay and I just won the auction. I'm stoked. I'll throw these on when I get them, rack up some miles on the 18" tires, then take the duelers off next winter and put on some real snow tires. Then I'l have 20's for the summer and 18's w/ snow tires for winter!

nice what did you pay for the 18s?

$445 including shipping which is a heck of a deal considering they are almost brand new take-offs with TPMS. I guess we'll see how good a deal it is if/when I get them. The seller looks reputable though. It was a no reserve auction.

Most of the people on ebay are trying to get $1000 plus for wheels and tires but aren't getting any takers. There are set of 18" CX-7 wheels, no tires, no tpms, up there last time I check for $499.

good price considering a single new wheel from Mazda without the TPM is that much.

I'm hoping to sell mine when I get new wheels. Thanks for the data

Oh, I must have confused you with someone else on here. I don't care about the TPMs or the rubber. I just want the rims so I can go buy some good tires that I can put chains on.

Ok, got the 18" CX-9 wheels delivered yesterday. They look good. I can't believe the deal I got. Watch ebay for some oem wheels, and you might get lucky like I did. What size socket do I need for the lug bolts? I have been driving european cars for the last 8 years and my 17mm socket won't help me much with the cx-9.

Back