The "adult" way?

xDJ DUBx

:
Slammed Thread President
Alright so I'm with this girl right, who I'm crazy about & she feels the same, and over the past year I've ****** up a couple of times. I never cheated on her or nothing like that but it was just situations where I thought lying to save her feelings was better then telling the truth.

Well it all blew up in my face but we've moved past all that and we're great now, BUT her best friend is starting to get under my skin. This best friend of course is a guy. But he's not really just a best friend, he's tried to make a past at her before but she rejected him cause hes only a friend in her eyes.

Alright well, to the best friend, whenever I'm with her and he calls, she of course tells him that shes with me and starts running his mouth and blah blah blah & when I'm on the phone with her at school and he's around, he will always yell some s*** like "**** you" or something stupid. Basically, talking s*** but does not know absolutely anything about me, I could be a lunatic who'd actually kill him or a professional kick boxer or something you know?

Now, this boy is only 15, maybe 16 and I've recently turned 18. I wanna kick his ass of course but I know that would just make everything worse so I thought I'd reach out to mazda peeps to get your guys' opinions on how I can solve this problem, the "adult" way?

Last edited:
hmmm interesting... ive been in many a situtation like this... gotta talk to the girl and tell her whatsup with this dude.. hes a dick or whatever and its getting to the point where something not good is going to happen..this dude needs to chill the **** out and realize who hes dealing with but that will cause more problems.... but s*** in line with the girl.. im being nice..

the adult thing would be to invite him out for a beer to try to get to really know who the other person is before passing judgement. maybe you guys could try root beer.

Dont worry that dude is making a complete ass of himself around her. She prob. wants someone more mature thats why shes with you. Sure, the guy might like her but if she is committed you shouldn't think twice about that little skipper

Honestly if it's your girlfriend's friend, I'd tell her that she needs to tell him to lay off, or she needs to ditch him. Friends wouldn't do that, and not only is he against you just because he wants to be with her, he's going to end up ruining stuff for you and her if he continues on with what he's doing. She needs to tell him to either **** off and get over the fact that you're with her, or find out why he is being such a dick and can't accept the fact you're with her.

It seems like he's just jealous, but why would your girlfriend still be friends with him when he's acting like this toward you? She needs to defend you, not try to be equal on each side with you and him. Even if she is friends with him, the relationship she has with you should be more important than maintaining peace between everyone. He needs to get the point, and maybe you just need to talk to your girlfriend and see what she says about her friend's actions. If she still wants to keep the peace and bypass the idea of attempting to get her friend to stop, then obviously she may have some feelings for him, even if just friends, and isn't choosing the relationship of you and her over her friendship with him.

Edited to say: friends are okay.. if they respect the fact you're with the girl. My husband knows how I talk about Mazda Meets and all that, he knows that most of my friends are guys, but the fact that they respect him and the fact he's with me (married for God's sake..) makes all the difference. If the dude had any respect for HER, he wouldn't be doing this crap. He's pretty young, too.. so maybe he just needs to grow some nuts and mature a little bit.. or get his ass kicked eventually.

Last edited:
the adult thing would be to invite him out for a beer to try to get to really know who the other person is before passing judgement. maybe you guys could try root beer.

ROFL... youngins.

Anyway, if she sees him as just a friend, its nothing to stress about. She'll eventually get sick of him being a pest and tell him to piss off. Unless shes enjoying the attention, in which case, I wish you luck, girls like that are TONS of fun, and even more trouble..

step one buy ski mask and gloves...
step two place items on your body..
step three beat his ass...

I like this idea....haha

maybe you guys could try root beer.

Haha, thanks for the tip jerk.

Dont worry that dude is making a complete ass of himself around her. She prob. wants someone more mature thats why shes with you. Sure, the guy might like her but if she is committed you shouldn't think twice about that little skipper

Thats how my head is thinking but everything else wants to go on a hunt

Honestly if it's your girlfriend's friend, I'd tell her that she needs to tell him to lay off, or she needs to ditch him. Friends wouldn't do that, and not only is he against you just because he wants to be with her, he's going to end up ruining stuff for you and her if he continues on with what he's doing. She needs to tell him to either **** off and get over the fact that you're with her, or find out why he is being such a dick and can't accept the fact you're with her.

It seems like he's just jealous, but why would your girlfriend still be friends with him when he's acting like this toward you? She needs to defend you, not try to be equal on each side with you and him. Even if she is friends with him, the relationship she has with you should be more important than maintaining peace between everyone. He needs to get the point, and maybe you just need to talk to your girlfriend and see what she says about her friend's actions. If she still wants to keep the peace and bypass the idea of attempting to get her friend to stop, then obviously she may have some feelings for him, even if just friends, and isn't choosing the relationship of you and her over her friendship with him.

Edited to say: friends are okay.. if they respect the fact you're with the girl. My husband knows how I talk about Mazda Meets and all that, he knows that most of my friends are guys, but the fact that they respect him and the fact he's with me (married for God's sake..) makes all the difference. If the dude had any respect for HER, he wouldn't be doing this crap. He's pretty young, too.. so maybe he just needs to grow some nuts and mature a little bit.. or get his ass kicked eventually.

Nice to have a girl's view on this :)

When I talk to her later, I'll see what she says. What sucks about it is shes one of those girls who always feels bad, even when it's natural or not their fault. Too nice if you will.
Exactly, so maybe I should do the ass kicking? lol

Anyway, if she sees him as just a friend, its nothing to stress about. She'll eventually get sick of him being a pest and tell him to piss off. Unless shes enjoying the attention, in which case, I wish you luck, girls like that are TONS of fun, and even more trouble..

Wow, I know what you mean. I've had an attention girl, those are the ones you'll always remember.

o ya.. how olds the girl?

Shes almost 17

&&& to add to her backround, I've know her since I was 13 and in middle school. Her brother is my best friend who I've known for just as long so I'm like part of the family.

lol what a dick just remember if you kick his ass she will run to lick his wounds and more than likley be mad at you. but if you just tell the dude to **** off and tell her about the problem that would be the best way, if she still hangs out with the dude then this girl is problems and kick the dudes ass for being a tool and that will do two things, 1 make you feel good lol 2 ruin your chances with being with her again. so only kick his ass if your done with her.

lol what a dick just remember if you kick his ass she will run to lick his wounds and more than likley be mad at you. but if you just tell the dude to **** off and tell her about the problem that would be the best way, if she still hangs out with the dude then this girl is problems and kick the dudes ass for being a tool and that will do two things, 1 make you feel good lol 2 ruin your chances with being with her again. so only kick his ass if your done with her.

well put.

Honestly, there's probably not a whole lot you can do about the situation, just make sure not to stoop to his level. If she's truly into you and he's really that big of an idiot, things will work themselves out I think. He's only making things worse for himself in the long run. Just be careful, cause when you **** up, she's going to that guy for comforting. And now the immortal words of Chris Rock:

"You know what a platonic friend is to a woman? It's like a dick in a glass case. In case of emergency , break open glass!"

Watch your ass brother, don't kick his.

Just be careful, cause when you **** up, she's going to that guy for comforting. And now the immortal words of Chris Rock:

"You know what a platonic friend is to a woman? It's like a dick in a glass case. In case of emergency , break open glass!"

Watch your ass brother, don't kick his.

You've opened my eyes to an extremely important part of this whole thing, big thanks for sure!

& I know he'd be like "see, I told you he wasn't right for you...come here and give me a hug" like a little vulture b****.

Exactly! Women (a good looking nice one especially) think they can have guy friends who don't ever look at them "that way" then BAM!

You've opened my eyes to an extremely important part of this whole thing, big thanks for sure!

& I know he'd be like "see, I told you he wasn't right for you...come here and give me a hug" like a little vulture b****.

No problem, good luck to ya.

Yes, be the better man, but..... read below

Shes almost 17
She is young, probably laughs and doesn't take up for you, and needs to grow up.

Take the relationship for what it is worth, tell her that you want to invite him to go with the both of you or just you sometime. See if he is an asshat to your face, or realizes that since you have a Mazda you must be be an ok guy.

If all else fails, shove it in her pooper.

She should be stepping in when he starts acting like a jackass!

agreed. Talk to her, if it doesn't change then tell her you can't deal with his s*** anymore. He's jealous and it's pretty obvious, and at 16 there probably isn't much that he won't do because he isn't a mature adult. If she doesn't try and change anything, then she doesn't realize you are the one trying to be mature with the situation. Good job on doing that, my best friend to this day is a guy and it took my fiance almost a year to deal with that.

Back