What have you done to your MSP today?

So i started the interior transformation to black tonight and it seems like its going to turn out pretty good, got all my pillars painted and started on the headliner, but ran out of paint and it was to late to get some more. But it seems like its it going to work out pretty good. I went with painting the headliner with some stuff from pepboys. It seems like it it going to work out pretty good, if not ill just take the headliner out again and cover it with materiel. Ill get some pics once i figure out my camera, for some reason i can few the pics on the camera but i cant get my computer to see the pics i took today, it sees all my old one but not the new ones.

thanks.. Now what first motor mounts or wastegate... I have a slight 3rd gear grind if I dont wiggle it going in and shift extra slow. Maybe my car wont run so damn rich if I get the wastegate...

I have tons of black soot on the rear after a few days driving normal(going into boost under normal acceleration)

change the wastegate, hands down

its screwing with your a/f ratios, and thats not good for the motor (which is already weak in these car)....mm later lol

which mount is bad?

yeah starting the car, had the same one a week ago, and it is the lean mixture one. im gonna try cleaning the throttle body this weekend along with the EGR

what are your mods? I would highly recommend cleaning the EGR, it did WONDERS for me, and I thought I would never get the car to idle again on the stock ecu lol

white as hell cause i have been running lean, other than that not too bad, definately some scorch marks but i can feel a difference so i am glad i did it even though im not at 60000 miles yet

what are your mods? I would highly recommend cleaning the EGR, it did WONDERS for me, and I thought I would never get the car to idle again on the stock ecu lol

just the ones in my sig, sri and thats it for now so i dont know, im gonna clean the maf too.

i was hoping the first cel was just a fluke of the 02 censor but guess not

change the wastegate, hands down

its screwing with your a/f ratios, and thats not good for the motor (which is already weak in these car)....mm later lol

which mount is bad?

All three! I have a AWR front mm but not sure on the duro of it. I'm thinking should I get all 3 mouns or try that weapon r damper and get mounts later.

Edit: Either way they wil have to wait mouns or the wg.. I'm having a lot of dental work done atm and that comes first.

I agree...personal health > mazda lol

I learned that one the hard way a few times >.<

but damn, your tranny mount is ripped too? geez, I'd say both are a priority then! though the wastegate being broken can cause damage quicker, so I would put that first still.....for example: when rush's wastegate was bad, she said that she had went to boost and the wastegate stayed closed rather than stayed opened and caused her to overboost and fuel cut lol

I agree...personal health > mazda lol

I learned that one the hard way a few times >.<

but damn, your tranny mount is ripped too? geez, I'd say both are a priority then! though the wastegate being broken can cause damage quicker, so I would put that first still.....for example: when rush's wastegate was bad, she said that she had went to boost and the wastegate stayed closed rather than stayed opened and caused her to overboost and fuel cut lol

oh snap then i guess the WGA is the first thing to knock off the list. Yeah when I almost stall the car man I can literally feel the rear motor mount flopping around against the fw. Also the passengerside mount is toren all to hell without having to take a close look at it. So im pretty sure the trans mount is shot as well.

at least the wga isnt too expensive i got it for 64 bucks from protegegare and it is the atp too so its a good deal

Yes, wastegate will cause the lean condition. I'm throwing P0171 right now (bank 1 too lean) and I'm sure it's b/c of the wastegate. Now I just need to find the time and daylight to get it in. Been causing a rash of stalling and idle issues for me too. Thought it was the EGR at first like you guys.

at least the wga isnt too expensive i got it for 64 bucks from protegegare and it is the atp too so its a good deal

Whats the difference between that one and the forged one? Other then the the forged one is adjustable? Also theirs a review on PG that states that the forged one needs "customization"? Not 100% sure what he review meant by that. Does he mean its customizable due to the adjustabled rod or it need customised to get it to fit properly? See the below link

http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_reviews.php?cPath=32_181&products_id=1095

All three! I have a AWR front mm but not sure on the duro of it. I'm thinking should I get all 3 mouns or try that weapon r damper and get mounts later.

Edit: Either way they wil have to wait mouns or the wg.. I'm having a lot of dental work done atm and that comes first.

My rear mount was ALL torn to s***. The center mounting point wasn't even connected to the outer part, my front mount was only connected in the back, so my motor was moving around enough that I could feel the shifter moving... I put inserts in the side, but it was fine, so if your side was torn, I'd assume your front and rear are blown, and likely your trans too.

Beware: I suspect that driving on blown mounts played a part in snapping my diff.... be sure you drive nice if you're on blown mounts until you get them fixed.

the only difference is it is adjustable in how much boost you get

its definately a nice piece, but not worth the money imo...if you want an adjustable wastegate get an external wastegate...else, stick to the lowest possible wastegate and throw some kind of a boost controller on it

(note: this is only in regards to a msp, where if you boost over 10 psi its going to blow your block....if you wanna run over that (well, I'd say over 14ish actually) then there are advantages to running an adjustable wastegate because most boost controllers will spike badly at that pressure level......lol, just had to mention that before I got flamed)

as for the tranny mount tearing:
inspect it first! Ive only heard of one instance where the tranny mount tore, it is the least common (almost never actually) to rip....no need to spend the money to replace it if it's not broken....as the saying goes: if it aint broke, don't fix it

inspect it first! Ive only heard of one instance where the tranny mount tore, it is the least common (almost never actually) to rip....no need to spend the money to replace it if it's not broken....as the saying goes: "if it aint broke, just shove a MM insert into it"

*fixed* lol

My rear mount was ALL torn to s***. The center mounting point wasn't even connected to the outer part, my front mount was only connected in the back, so my motor was moving around enough that I could feel the shifter moving... I put inserts in the side, but it was fine, so if your side was torn, I'd assume your front and rear are blown, and likely your trans too.

Beware: I suspect that driving on blown mounts played a part in snapping my diff.... be sure you drive nice if you're on blown mounts until you get them fixed.

Thanks for the heads up. I only get on it every now and then to be honest. I can feel the motor flop around in the bay a lot so I know their all shot. Plus the passenger side you can see its shot without even having to really look at it.

inspect it first! Ive only heard of one instance where the tranny mount tore, it is the least common (almost never actually) to rip....no need to spend the money to replace it if it's not broken....as the saying goes: if it aint broke, don't fix it

I'm sure its trashed when considereing how much the motor moves and all. It wouldnt surprise me if it was trashed anyways. I replaceds two mounts on my old auto p5 before i went with the SU mounts.

jeg:
lol, I would agree for any of the three other mounts

but for the tranny mount my oppinion is to just leave it alone (actually I don't think anyone makes an insert for it, but thats besides the point)

theres a reason only one company (to my knowledge) makes an upgraded transmission mount: it just doesn't break, it has next to no stress on it in comparison with the other three, and it doesn't suffer the same fundamental wear issue of the others

the reason the other three tear is because they are being rotated inside of themselves....gah it's hard to explain, so heres a picture:

Attachments

• motormount.jpg
    motormount.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 126
Back