Best wingless msp

slamduncan said:
Has anyone rigged a new third brake light after removing the wing with original lamp?

i had the MSP wing on my car but it broke so i had to take it off.

i mounted the LED bar on the rear deck. itsa nice clean look. dont think ive seen it on the forum yet. its def a good option for the 3rd brake light.

brake.jpg

i just went with the standard OEM style 3rd brake light. But instead of the normal filament bulb, I retrofitted an LED strip inside the red lens. Barely visible in POST 97 pic. Hard to beat the fit/simplicity of OEM, IMHO.

mhrebin said:
i had the MSP wing on my car but it broke so i had to take it off.

i mounted the LED bar on the rear deck. itsa nice clean look. dont think ive seen it on the forum yet. its def a good option for the 3rd brake light.

View attachment 108766
man...i have had a spare led brake light for over a year or 2 just sitting around waiting until i got unlazy and did something like this. only my plan is to fabricate a plast piece so it really looks stock/clean. i just dont like the size of the standard protege 3rd light.

323 said:
how much is the OEM 3rd brake light?

Not too bad, <$50 IIRC ... pm Jason at Montgomery Mazda (online mazdaparts.com). The link is in this forum's index.

YEAAA for wingless...i finally got my trunk shaved and repainted...

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 351
MN ZOOM,
Looks great!! I hope you are prepared to hear "What kind of car is that, a Subaru? Mitsubishi?" lol!

carbonkid said:
MN ZOOM,
Looks great!! I hope you are prepared to hear "What kind of car is that, a Subaru? Mitsubishi?" lol!

LOL too late.. i have had dozens of people come up to me and ask me if its a subaru even before i had my spoiler taken off. "nice subaru imperza" i laugh HA HA HA HA..and tell them its a mazda. they go oh WOW never seen one before...Duhh you just saw mine..LOL...(nana)

kamon8404 said:
How much did that cost you? If you don't mind me asking ...

i did all the work myself...i stripped the trunk to bare metal and bondo the holes primer then paint. supplies cost aprox / $350

Last edited:
man...i have had a spare led brake light for over a year or 2 just sitting around waiting until i got unlazy and did something like this. only my plan is to fabricate a plast piece so it really looks stock/clean. i just dont like the size of the standard protege 3rd light.

I agree. Has anyone done something like this yet? My third brake light is just too damn big and ugly. I want something like my dad's new sonata. Its the same width but its like 1/5 the height and it looks a lot nicer (I don't even know if its LED).

But I don't even know how I would go about fabricating something like this. Anyone have any tips? Do I just use kitty-hair bondo? What would I use to get the basic shape? I guess I could take the whole deck out, form it around an LED strip, and then repaint the whole deck. But if I mess that up...

YEAAA for wingless...i finally got my trunk shaved and repainted...

hey man, do you have more pictures and close up for that window spoiler ? its very nice, and ive been trying to find where i can get one for my car. can you post more pictures of your car with these spoiler, like different angles, side close up etc... highly appreciated

Last edited:
Our cars don't look great wingless IMHO.

The 3.5 wing looks the best IMHO on our cars.

Since it has a trunk it needs something to offset it.

Our cars don't look great wingless IMHO.

The 3.5 wing looks the best IMHO on our cars.

Since it has a trunk it needs something to offset it.

I totally agree with you, i really dont know how can they like our cars without a Spoiler in the trunk, also i agree the 03.5 is the nicest

Last edited:
Back