gt3076r runing as of 9-28-07

Thanks for the video Red......

I just noticed something... JCGEMT has the ETS top mount, I bet he might be able to shave off another 100th or so if he got a front mount

a 1.8 60 foot... nice....... I have a friend with an SRT4 that rocked out a 1.7 60 foot and then broke his transmission...... ROFL, ended up finishing with a 15.1 stuck in 4th gear.

motherfucker.jpg

Thanks for the video Red......

I just noticed something... JCGEMT has the ETS top mount, I bet he might be able to shave off another 100th or so if he got a front mount

not really worth us taking a grand from him for only 100th of a second trust me we have more tricks up our sleeves.

he's managed much better 60 foots than that.

but isn't the front mount more efficient/better cooling than the top mount? The cooler the air you can get into the engine, the more you can fit in there blah blah blah, more power (thumb) anyone planning to NOS their car? (rofl2)

but isn't the front mount more efficient/better cooling than the top mount? The cooler the air you can get into the engine, the more you can fit in there blah blah blah, more power (thumb) anyone planning to NOS their car? (rofl2)

the power increase between the ETS TMIC and say the new Corksport FMIC is VERY minimal and there is little to no Pressure drop with the TMIC. We were at the strip all day and experienced no heat soak. And I wouldn't recommend using NOS on these engines stock.

the power increase between the ETS TMIC and say the new Corksport FMIC is VERY minimal and there is little to no Pressure drop with the TMIC. We were at the strip all day and experienced no heat soak. And I wouldn't recommend using NOS on these engines stock.

Good to know there wasn't any back pressure and heat soak. I just like the way the front mount looks so since i'm still stock i'll be going front mount when it comes the time.

I was talking about a forged one...... since the fuel pump somewhat fixes the throttle plate issue allowing it to remain open more.
I definitely wouldn't throw NOS in there stock....... if you run to lean on NOS you'll definitely go zoom zoom boom (blowup)

there isn't really any hard proof of the Fuel Pump fixing the throttle issue directly but it does help with fuel cut look for some more info in the next week or so. I'm saying I wouldn't juice it on a stock block.

there isn't really any hard proof of the Fuel Pump fixing the throttle issue directly but it does help with fuel cut look for some more info in the next week or so. I'm saying I wouldn't juice it on a stock block.

It flows more fuel than the stock pump...... that helps somewhat, I didn't say it completely gets rid of the throttle plate closing, but it seems to help.

I'm waiting until they can get rid of it entirely....... and I wouldn't juice on the stock block either. too much "sudden power" for that weak engine.

Diferences in engines?

Look....Im not trying to be a dick.....but.....Your on borrowed time my friend....but what do I know? I dont hang out at PG (all the damn time) or never talked to any other tuners about that so Ill just sit back and enjory the show.....(2thumbs)

I has been running my car for almost 20K miles with the ATP GT3071R at ATP's setting of 18PSI and spiking to 20PSI.(stock intercooler)

When I learn of all the engines blowing I order a 7 psi wastegate and NOW I am running at stock psi again.

Till I can afford forged internals and a fuel pump upgrade.

But my point is why my engine has not blow? Why some are blowing and some are not?

I live in PR and the humity is very high, I have not hear any detonation yet I think.

I dont know can somebody explain?

do you drive your car hard? when you slam on the accelerator you're providing a sudden surge of power throughout the engine....... I guess sometimes, it's just too much for the internals of the engine and the connecting rods being as flimsy and crappy as they are snap.

BTW just to let you know...... running the gt3071 "at stock PSI" does not mean you're at stock PSI, the gt3071 is a bigger turbo and flows more volume of air than the stock k04 turbo

so when your stock turbo is 15 psi, we'll say for example you're flowing 650 cfm of air, ok? now when you have the gt3071 at 15 psi, being that it's bigger and allows more airflow....... you would actually be flowing (just an example) 920 cfm.

You understand what I mean? Even though you have the GT3071 at the factory PSI boost setting, you're still making more power than the stock turbo on your engine.

And people have been blowing engines with just the stock turbo on the engine. So maybe you don't drive it so hard?

koenig keep in mind that the the airflow capabilities of the turbo do not come into play so much, when the capabilities are being limited by the motor it is connected too, as well as the wastegate.

but you are correct, since it is more capable..it flows more efficient..it creates more power at same psi due to denser air.

Yeah I just went back and read the part that he's running a 7 psi wastegate.

but yeah running a bigger turbo at the same psi as a smaller one doesn't mean it's going to be flowing the same air.

That dude's been pretty lucky he's driven his car for 20k miles with that bigger turbo........ Though I'm thinking he didn't drive it hard so much. Mike on the other hand liked to drive his car hard. And who doesn't? That's why people put more power into their cars, to make it "fun" but mazda gave us a crappy engine :(

do you drive your car hard? when you slam on the accelerator you're providing a sudden surge of power throughout the engine....... I guess sometimes, it's just too much for the internals of the engine and the connecting rods being as flimsy and crappy as they are snap.

BTW just to let you know...... running the gt3071 "at stock PSI" does not mean you're at stock PSI, the gt3071 is a bigger turbo and flows more volume of air than the stock k04 turbo

so when your stock turbo is 15 psi, we'll say for example you're flowing 650 cfm of air, ok? now when you have the gt3071 at 15 psi, being that it's bigger and allows more airflow....... you would actually be flowing (just an example) 920 cfm.

You understand what I mean? Even though you have the GT3071 at the factory PSI boost setting, you're still making more power than the stock turbo on your engine.

And people have been blowing engines with just the stock turbo on the engine. So maybe you don't drive it so hard?

I've got about 19K on my GT3071R thus far.

I would say that my car is stressed less now than it was with the stocker. I can count the number of times my car actually sees boost throughout the week on one hand.

My K04 used to virtually spool off of idle. This one doesn't spool up that quick, and getting into boost is always a concious thing. It's not like it's laggy, but you have to WANT it to boost.

I've been running about 12PSI on my car for 98% of it's usage with the newer turbo. Except the one time I went to the dyno, and just playing around with it.

I'm probably a bit more tentative about pushing it, until I get another motor, and I'm in no rush for that really.

Once my FMIC gets here, it will be the last thing I do for a hot minute, at the very least until next summer.

And actually getting around to installing my CarPC I've put together.

I've got about 19K on my GT3071R thus far.

I would say that my car is stressed less now than it was with the stocker. I can count the number of times my car actually sees boost throughout the week on one hand.

My K04 used to virtually spool off of idle. This one doesn't spool up that quick, and getting into boost is always a concious thing. It's not like it's laggy, but you have to WANT it to boost.

I've been running about 12PSI on my car for 98% of it's usage with the newer turbo. Except the one time I went to the dyno, and just playing around with it.

I'm probably a bit more tentative about pushing it, until I get another motor, and I'm in no rush for that really.

Once my FMIC gets here, it will be the last thing I do for a hot minute, at the very least until next summer.

And actually getting around to installing my CarPC I've put together.

Word, that makes a lot of sense. (thumb) not pushing the limits on your car, with the bigger turbo, just being aware of when you are and aren't in boost. a lot of people I believe from the way it's presented to me...... seem to be pushing their car when it blows.

After all we haven't heard of anyone like "omgz I was sitting at teh red lights and my engine blew while idleing" So it's all about how we're pushing the engine, until we get the reinforced internals for it. I for one am looking towards buying the forged engine that PG sells before I buy a bigger turbo, since the turbo I ultimately want is a gt35r ;)

I know about the k04 boosting like right there..... it's instant torque.

BTW I seem to have lost the CarPC thread someone once put up. How'd yours turn out?

Back