Zero muffler

lancebav

Suicide Kings
:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
I was wondering if there is any power loss by running a straight pipe with no muffler? Cause our cars sound so mean without one?

lancebav said:
I was wondering if there is any power loss by running a straight pipe with no muffler? Cause our cars sound so mean without one?
absolutley no power loss..turbo's loves no exhuast!

But the car will be very very loud!

Chas

i did a straight pipe, and i'm very pleased with the sound. its pretty low and mean, and not ricer at all - exactly what i was looking for.

hes talking about striaght pipe with no MUFFLER! nothing. just a pipe that runs out the back of the car.

ya...my catback section is just a straight pipe from the cats to the back of the car. 2.5" with a nice chrome tip welded on. it came out very nice.

it doesn't smell any different or anything like that, and it feels like the car can breathe a little better - not a significant change though.

im getting some hardpipes, intake, and bov in the mail tommorrow, and i'll hopefully get them installed by weeks end, and then i'll post some vids. i guess it's just a preference thing. i know i enjoy mine.

i think hes talking about just ONE pipe from downpipe and on the the back..
warrier04 said:
ya...my catback section is just a straight pipe from the cats to the back of the car. 2.5" with a nice chrome tip welded on. it came out very nice.

warrier04 said:
im getting some hardpipes, intake, and bov in the mail tommorrow, and i'll hopefully get them installed by weeks end, and then i'll post some vids. i guess it's just a preference thing. i know i enjoy mine.
I totally agree I poped of my magnaflow muffler and was running straight pipe it sounded soooo bad ass!!!!!

i have my stock axel back sitting in my garage, im trying to find someone who wants a difrent but not loud exhaust note, sell them the muffler and keep my pipes so i can bolt a straight pipe up when i want to

Back