Your other car (Actual or Possibility)

Hi, what is your other car/motorcycle tell us something about it. I think it is interesting to see what other interest in a car us CX-5 owners have people have.
If you do not have another car right now, what would a realistic second car be if you could fit in another payment (and why)?

Jeep. I struggle with wanting something that will be a fast, comfortable and efficient city and highway car and something that will play like a kid in the mountains of Colorado. My CX-5 has keep gaining accessories that add weight and enable the mountains but detract from the highway.

My second car is a 2013 VW Passat SE TDI. We traded in a 2012 Wrangler, as we commute 60 - 140 miles per day, and the gas bill was killing us. I am VERY impressed with the VW, getting between 45 and 50 mpg on the commute. We figure we'll save over $150 per month in gas. As for diesel, the cost is only $.30 per gallon over 87 octane around her, so it isn't an issue. I love the clean lines, classic European interior, and very impressive torque and handling.

I keep the CX-5 at least another year, then hope that the Skyactive D is available. If not, then the VW Golf Sportwagen is due in 2015 with a TDI and AWD...

My second Mazda
OvpxIf.jpg

sweet! First time I've seen that headlight conversion for the RX-7.

and actively looking for a BMW Z3 M Coupe
url

Last edited:
Possibly the best looking British automaker! That's one maker I've never worked on. How is the reliability?

TBH out of the factory the Speed6 engine has some issues. (the pre-speed6 engines were rock solid Rover units). Thankfuly TVR Power (which was TVR's original parts department) went off on their own and continued development. The re-built cars are rock solid and inexplicably there are some cars around with the original engine, fairly high milage and no issues. Preferably you do want to buy one where the motor has been rebuilt though and the original gremlins sorted.

TBH out of the factory the Speed6 engine has some issues. (the pre-speed6 engines were rock solid Rover units). Thankfuly TVR Power (which was TVR's original parts department) went off on their own and continued development. The re-built cars are rock solid and inexplicably there are some cars around with the original engine, fairly high milage and no issues. Preferably you do want to buy one where the motor has been rebuilt though and the original gremlins sorted.

That sounds about right for a British car, thanks for the assessment!

ha...well, last year, the wife and I decided to go down to one car, as we both take public transport to work now, and live in a downtown... so we traded "my" 2008 miata (only 24k miles) and "her" 2009 Hybrid Camry (both fantastic cars) even-up for a loaded 2014.5 GT CX-5 in november. Very practical decision, happy to lose the insurance, etc. costs...

I lasted 6 months before getting the shakes... so we picked up a couple of 49cc mopeds... and then after that a 125cc moped for both of us to ride when guests are riding the little ones...

That helped for a few months, but the shakes came back... so I picked up, last Sunday, in front of a not-too-pleased spouse, a 2005 Nissan 350z roadster...fun car (so far)!

Last edited:
ha...well, last year, the wife and I decided to go down to one car, as we both take public transport to work now, and live in a downtown... so we traded "my" 2008 miata (only 24k miles) and "her" 2009 Hybrid Camry (both fantastic cars) even-up for a loaded 2014.5 GT CX-5 in november. Very practical decision, happy to lose the insurance, etc. costs...

I lasted 6 months before getting the shakes... so we picked up a couple of 49cc mopeds... and then after that a 125cc moped for both of us to ride when guests are riding the little ones...

That helped for a few months, but the shakes came back... so I picked up, last Sunday, in front of a not-too-pleased spouse, a 2005 Nissan 350z roadster...fun car (so far)!

Hmm, if you 'all are trying to be frugal with your transport costs, consider the mirage.

Hmm, if you 'all are trying to be frugal with your transport costs, consider the mirage.

I have a frugal car already (Civic GX, 29mpg on compressed natural gas at $2.54 per gallon and in California allows use of carpool/HOV lane while driving solo).

Back