Yes there will be fix with the Resuming Playback Issue on the CX5 Rdio

:
MAZDA CX-5 Touring
Yes there will be fix with the Resuming Playback Issue on the CX5, I got an email from a Customer Relations Coordinator
MAZDA CANADA INC.

I traded a 2014 Subaru Forester XT due to few trips to the dealership and many other issues well recorded on other forums.

I love cars and I often traded keep them for a short time.

Bottom line, I looked and I looked for a Crossover to replaced the piece of garbage Forester.
I was even thinking about getting a used 2012 Rav4 Sport V6 model (great engine and fun to drive) and I also looked at a 2012 Acura RDX (lots of fun to drive and excellent reliability) but could not see me driving a used car.

The CX5 based on reviews is in top of that list and I agree with it so I got one.

BUT, within few days I got so annoyed with the well know issue about the radio.
Have I know bout the issue I would choose to opt out the $1,500 package (don't use the sunroof) or simple would selected a different car. And yes it sounds crazy but I love to listen to my music when I drive.

So to the info from Mazda, I started to communicate with Mazda and I finally got a positive answer stating that there will be a fix, SO THANK YOU MAZDA.

I sent an email to Mazda with the following:

I just got a Mazda CX5 and like almost everything about it but, the radio problem, very annoying.
The problem is when using a USB memory and even with the Ipod and Iphone, very annoying that every time you start the car, the radio will play the stupid same song every time.
So disappointing on the issue, have I know about it, I may choose a different car.

So, me and other thousand of unsatisfied owners (same radio issue) will like to know if it will there be a fix for the issue yes or no?

Thanks in advance,

TXXXXXX

===============

Response below

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for the information.

Yes, there will be one available. We encourage you to keep in touch with the service manager of your local Mazda dealership from time-to-time who will be able to advise when it will be available.

Regards,

Samantha
Customer Relations Coordinator
MAZDA CANADA INC

I've read these positive responses from Mazda Canada a few times here. Mazda USA seems quiet about it though. Strange...

Yes there will be fix with the Resuming Playback Issue on the CX5, I got an email from a Customer Relations Coordinator
MAZDA CANADA INC.
Hi, my name is Gary and I work as a minimum wage hourly worker for Mazda Customer Relations. If I don't get positive reviews from customers, I'll get fired....

Very soon, there will be a FREE upgrade available for your car that will convert the engine to turbo diesel with 450 hp. As well, the radio will be upgraded to function as advertised, and the exhaust system will start emitting 93 octane gasoline that you can bottle and use to fuel your other vehicle.

At the bottom of this email, you'll find a link to a survey concerning your happiness with my customer service. (The link expires before any of the above mentioned upgrades will become available.)

Thank you
/sarcasm

Hi Gary!

That sounds great, do you also offer a buy-back service for excess 93 Octane?

I'm a '13 CX-9 owner and about every month (for the past year) I follow up with Mazda about this issue and for the first time this week I actually got a reply resembling a glimmer of hope:

There is a fix in the works, however, we are still looking further into the solution to ensure the issue is resolved completely. We are working diligently to provide the update to our customers as soon as possible.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to follow up with me at the number provided below.

Sincerely,

Anthony
Representative, Customer Experience
Select Prompt 6, then 2, Ext. 1151

now if they could just make the mp3 player more robust and less finicky about the files its playing...

LOL. It won't.

An non-binding email with bulls*** is one thing, but the actual fix is another.

I hope I am wrong though.

Last edited:
LOL. It won't.

An non-binding email with bulls*** is none thing, but the actual fix is another.

I hope I am wrong though.

If I remember correctly, the tom tom navy safety lock issue was the same waY. A MAZDA EMAIL SAYING A FIX IS COMING,, THEN 3 MONTHS LATER, IT IS FIXED.

Result !!!!
i read on here that as from this year some time that mazda will be replacing the system in all new mazda 6 and cx5 that come off the production line .i was contacted by mazda uk after placing a complaint and was told this is true .i said what about my car and they said it would be called in for a replacement to be fitted ,this would be done in vin number order .and should be done this year .they are testing the new system now and it should be ready to be fitted with in 6 ish weeks .i hope this is also the case for the rest of the world .fingers crossed.
found this on another forum. Any of our friends from UK can confirm it?

Result !!!!
i read on here that as from this year some time that mazda will be replacing the system in all new mazda 6 and cx5 that come off the production line .i was contacted by mazda uk after placing a complaint and was told this is true .i said what about my car and they said it would be called in for a replacement to be fitted ,this would be done in vin number order .and should be done this year .they are testing the new system now and it should be ready to be fitted with in 6 ish weeks .i hope this is also the case for the rest of the world .fingers crossed.
found this on another forum. Any of our friends from UK can confirm it?

I really doubt this. It's a complete dream if you think a car company will remove older audio system and replace it with a newer, COMPLETELY different system.

I really doubt this. It's a complete dream if you think a car company will remove older audio system and replace it with a newer, COMPLETELY different system.

If it is either replace the unit or face a class action lawsuit with all the bad publicity, they may want to just replace the units...

If it is either replace the unit or face a class action lawsuit with all the bad publicity, they may want to just replace the units...

If you read the fine print on Mazda CX-5 purchase agreement you will see it forfeits your right to participate in a class action suit.

I agree that it is a pipe dream to believe that Mazda will retroactively make hardware retrofit replacement/upgrades to all of the vehicles they have sold thus far. I don't think that it would be economically feasible for them to do so. The best we could hope far, I think, would be a software solution; if that is even possible.

As to the 'hue and cry' and bad publicity; where is it? Aside from the complaints on this and a couple of other isolated forums, I have yet to see any mainstream media attention to the deficiencies of the head unit. Without this issue negatively affecting Mazda sales through bad press in automotive or mainstream publications, I doubt that they would be willing or able to 'fix' the issue.

I did a fair bit of research before buying the CX-5 just over a month ago and only became aware of the USB, Bluetooth issue once I began reviewing this forum; so, I came into this with open eyes. I would hazard to guess that most people's research begins and ends at reviewing some automotive press. Without that press commenting negatively on the head unit problems, this will have a negligible impact on Mazda sales.

Mazda's cost/benefit analysis of addressing this issue would render the likelihood of hardware replacement, cost prohibitive; IMHO and much to my chagrin.

Not long ago I was amazed that my phone could even connect with my car at all. Now we want to sell our cars and bad mouth Mazda because playback takes to long. If it bothers you that much sell it, just do the research before you buy your next car as others have same type of problems. First world problems.

Not long ago I was amazed that my phone could even connect with my car at all. Now we want to sell our cars and bad mouth Mazda because playback takes to long. If it bothers you that much sell it, just do the research before you buy your next car as others have same type of problems. First world problems.

I agree that this is a 'first world problem' and it was not a deal-breaker for me. As I said in my previous post, I was aware of the issue before I signed on the dotted line and put my money down; however, I do confess that I held out hope (and still do), that Mazda will do the right thing and address the issue and have their product perform as advertised.

Despite my skepticism that Mazda will do a hardware retrofit, I do believe that they may be legally (and definitely, ethically) bound to somehow repair the USB, Bluetooth and Texting issues. If they do not and have no intention to do so, I believe that there is a very strong argument and a case can be made of false advertising.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way the car looks, drives and its fuel economy; but, it will leave a bad taste in my mouth and a feeling that I've been taken advantage of if they don't make the head unit perform as they've advertised it does.

I don't think it is fair of you criticize others to whom the head unit issues are of a higher priority than they are to you. The fact of the matter is that Mazda made overt representations and set a level of expectation to its prospective purchasers which, I say, they are duty-bound to honour. Would you be so cavalier and dismissive if the xenon lights, nav, smart city braking or Bose (for which you paid a hefty surcharge) didn't work?

Last edited:
Just shut up and take it, you stupid consumers.

Great attitude.

My rear view camera stopped working today. When I shift into reverse the screen stays on the audio screen as if I never moved the shift lever. I did a search on google and this forum with no results. To the dealer on Friday mourning. Anyone else with this issue?

I don't mean to 'beat a dead horse'; but, I note your post above where you had the temerity to complain about your rear view camera not working. What, didn't your car come with rear view mirrors? "Not long ago I was amazed that" cars even had rear view cameras!

I think it is pretty hypocritical of you to post (complain) about a non-essential component of your car a week ago and then criticize others, today, for not getting what they paid for. As I said before, we all have our own priorities and we are entitled to expect to get what we were promised.

If you read the fine print on Mazda CX-5 purchase agreement you will see it forfeits your right to participate in a class action suit.

You don't have to sign every piece of paper a dealership waves in front of you.

The 'give up all your legal rights to an arbitrator form' is not consumer friendly at all.

Back