ww evo hood

Charlie97L

:
2003.5 Blue MSP
does anyone on the boards have this? i'd like to see pics of it on a car. i can't believe no one here has it :)

thanks guys!

sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong forum

100_0046.JPG

this is slug420's car, he posted lots more pictures somewhere too of it

There is a spicy MSP in Orlando that has it too. I got to see it in person at the Fusian car show, but I'm not sure how much I like it.

thanks guys, sorry for some reason the search wouldn't accept "Evo" as a valid search term, something about it has to be more than 4 letters... i searched for a long time before i posted.

thanks for the pic!

i don't really like the looks of it there too much, does anyone have it painted to match the spicy orange, or does anyone with a black mica have it. It probalby wouldnt look to bad on the black mica.

i don't like it as much with the hood spoiler missing, but to my understanding that was a one-off item. well, forget that! hah. carbon/kevlar for me!

also (i'mma newbie so pls dun flame..) but how much weight does CF hood really save? and by how much does it increase performance..

skilletrx said:
also (i'mma newbie so pls dun flame..) but how much weight does CF hood really save? and by how much does it increase performance..

lol

i think the hood looks sick as hell and i cant wait to get one. btw... slug said that an insane amout of heat is vented out of the grilles and i think the hood is 12 lbs less than stock(**** the metric converson, sorry for all the chanucks)

is it possible to get a shop to paint the CF hood orange to match the car? i'd get it for venting, dun really care for weight. i'd say w/ the paint coats it'd weigh as much if not a lil less than stock-- correct me if i'm wrong

if u want some answer, pm slug420 (i think that's his name on the board). he has it and I saw it in person. It looks nice and it's sure alot lighter when I lifted up his hood compared to mine.

Its gonna be lighter but do you honestly think thats gonna do anything? I sure as hell don't. It may vent off some heat, but you're better off with a design that pulls the heat through the engine bay and out. Until they make one like that, there is no point in getting one unless you wanna look like an EVO. And if you wanna look like an EVO, you shoulda bought one.

My god, that hood is soo gorgeous.

I bet it would look really good on blue too.

Back